GDT: Game 13: Columbus at Carolina | 11/7 7PM EST

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
/sigh

Back-to-back, he'll probably start. However he really wasn't why we lost last night. Once we start to realize he's a backup and his goal is to give us a chance to win, we'll be a lot better off as a fanbase.

Not what I'm saying. Not blaming McBackup for not stealing a win last night. I'm saying we have a better chance to win with Forsberg in net because:
1.) McBackup won't have to play back-to-back games
2.) An unknown goalie without a book on him can frustrate a good team like Tampa Bay
3.) The thought of "play hard, play smart or get embarrassed at home" will motivate this team to a surprise win

But yeah...
4.) Forsberg is a better goalie.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Possible options in a poll I'm considering:

What should leesmith's new screen name be?

IHeartForsberg

CBJForsberg31

Foppa

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously I think Forsberg should start tonight and based on Dansk's stats I see him as the backup next year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jackets will win any game they show up for and play well

Is the other team allowed to show up too?

This is one of my biggest quips with these boards. People don't take into account variations in how the other team plays. You'd think if the recipe for success was as simple as posters say it is, teams would have figured it out by now. Why haven't they? Because there are two teams playing each other.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not what I'm saying. Not blaming McBackup for not stealing a win last night. I'm saying we have a better chance to win with Forsberg in net because:
1.) McBackup won't have to play back-to-back games
2.) An unknown goalie without a book on him can frustrate a good team like Tampa Bay
3.) The thought of "play hard, play smart or get embarrassed at home" will motivate this team to a surprise win

But yeah...
4.) Forsberg is a better goalie.

Give me a break. You've been on McBackup's ass forever. You're not fooling anyone, except maybe yourself. That's partly obvious for making this kind of declaration for a kid that's played all of 1 NHL game.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If McBackup plays each game like he did last night, then we have a chance to win every night. That's all we can ask.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
If McBackup plays each game like he did last night, then we have a chance to win every night. That's all we can ask.

I am not one of his bigger fans, but none of the goals, last night, were solely on Curtis. Holding opponents to two goals in regulation should result in wins.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Give me a break. You've been on McBackup's ass forever. You're not fooling anyone, except maybe yourself. That's partly obvious for making this kind of declaration for a kid that's played all of 1 NHL game.

Nope. McElhinney didn't play poorly last night.
Yep. I'm not a fan of McBackup, but I am a fan of Forsberg.
My positions on both have been pretty transparent and consistent - and will be until their play proves me wrong. Tonight will be quite a test for the the rookie.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Nope. McElhinney didn't play poorly last night.
Yep. I'm not a fan of McBackup, but I am a fan of Forsberg.
My positions on both have been pretty transparent and consistent - and will be until their play proves me wrong. Tonight will be quite a test for the the rookie.

:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad