GDT: Game 13: Columbus at Carolina | 11/7 7PM EST

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

raleigh-pnc-arena-01.jpg

(source: http://dilemmaxdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/raleigh-pnc-arena-01.jpg)

7:00 PM EST
PNC Arena
Raleigh, NC

large.png

LINES
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Gibbons-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Wennberg-Skille
Tropp-Chaput-Boll​

Tyutin-Savard
St.Denis-Prout
Erixon-Wizniewski​

McElhinney
Forsberg

Inactive
Cracknell, Dano

Injured
Anisimov, Bobrovsky, Dubinsky, Goloubef, Horton, Letestu,​

large.png

LINES
Tlusty-Staal-Semin
Gerbe-Nash-Lindholm
Terry-Rask-Boychuk
Dwyer-McClement-Skinner

Sekera-Faulk
Hainsey-Bellemore
Liles-Harrison

Ward
Khudobin

Inactive
Gleason

Injured
Staal​

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
All three regular "A's" from last year are out (Johnson, Dubinsky, Letestu). Who gets them tonight? Boll we know has worn an A all season. I believe Tyutin has worn an A as well. The 3rd? Probably Foligno. I could see cases for Wisniewski, Hartnell (vet), or Jenner (didn't he wear an A in preseason) as well.

Also, please start Forsberg, HCTR.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jenner takes Johansen's spot? Well, that's interesting to say the least...
No, he doesn't.

Here's another representation of the lines:
Gibbons-Johansen-Foligno
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Calvert-Wennberg-Skille
Tropp-Chaput-Boll

Narrative: "OMG Gibbons on the top line!"

Here's yet another:
Calvert-Wennberg-Skille
Gibbons-Johansen-Foligno
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Tropp-Chaput-Boll

Narrative: "Wennberg ahead of Johansen? WTF?"

And another!
Tropp-Chaput-Boll
Calvert-Wennberg-Skille
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Gibbons-Johansen-Foligno

Ice time in practice != ice time in game. Folks need to stop paying such slavish attention to the order in which they're printed. Ice time and matchups will go where they need to go.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
I think with all of the juggling of the lines, HCTR is trying to spread the wealth (of decent forwards) on each line so that they're somewhat respectable. The last 4 or 5 games, Johansen's line has been shut down effectively imo because when we pair Hartnell-Joey-Foligno, we lack skill and scoring on our other three lines because of the injuries. Other coaches plan around this and when they shut this line down, our scoring is depleted. I like this move by Richards

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
No, he doesn't.

Here's another representation of the lines:
Gibbons-Johansen-Foligno
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson

Strictly speaking both interpretations are true. Pretty sure that Johasen was centering Atkinson and Hartnell, so Jenner is slotting in there. Having said that, Foligno and Johansen are going to get the top line minutes.

I'll have to check this one out on DVR. Gonna check out Interstellar.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
looking forward to some Friday night hockey after this long week :nod:

If this game gets out of hand there is always this

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/ncaa-on-nbcsn-eichel-led-bu-takes-on-rival-boston-college/

I'm setting the DVR to watch this one.

So McBackup goes tonight. Does he go back to back or is HCTR throwing Forsberg against TB who just averaged 5 goals a game for their home stand. Either way tomorrow doesn't look pretty without Bob, Murray & JJ.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Strictly speaking both interpretations are true. Pretty sure that Johasen was centering Atkinson and Hartnell, so Jenner is slotting in there. Having said that, Foligno and Johansen are going to get the top line minutes.

I'm very interested in checking that out at some point, have to see that one in the theatre for the full effect.

This feels like a must win, I know that's not the case, but it feels that way. I'll be very disappointed if we are outplayed tonight.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
McMason in goal tonight

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m1 minute ago
#CBJ lines: 43-38-13 23-19-71 11-41-10 26-39-40. Pairs: 51-58 20-21 28-47

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Gleason's out for us tonight with Liles taking his place in the lineup. I'm not sure how/if that'll change the d-pairings (if Peters intends to just slot Liles in with Harrison or if he plans on mixing up the pairings).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I could've sworn Foligno was already on his line partway through the last game, but, meh. :dunno:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wouldn't it make more sense to put Forsberg in goal tonight?

Several ways to look at it:

1) McB stands a chance against Carolina and it could bolster his confidence;

2) HCTR thinks Forsberg is better and therefore gets the start tomorrow

3) McB is going to start both games

I see little hope against TB with either goalie (wouldn't be surprised to see both) and if it were me I think I agree with you and would start Forsberg tonight.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Best reason to play McB tonight and hopefully Anton tomorrow? My buddy and I will get to constantly regale those sitting around us with a deep-voiced British sounding pronunciation of "Fors-berg" all night tomorrow. Good times.

FOHS-BEHG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad