Post-Game Talk: Game 13: Canucks 3, Blues 2 in OT - Rest Is For The Weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
And Daniel gets a 10 min. misconduct penalty at the end for good measure...what a **** disturber, instigating the whole thing by cheering the winning goal. Classless. lol

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
can the team replace sestito with archibald from now on?

I liked Sestito's hit and quick takeaway at the line, that's a good use of the body and a display of moderately quick hands.

I don't have a problem with Sestito really. The Canucks have lacked a pure size and strength winger for some time. It's not the fighting that interests me, it's the ability to plow through guys rather than have to dangle around them that creates new and different (hopefully better) offensive zone options for his linemates. I remember Georges Laraque being valuable as a skater by using that unsubtle straight ahead power.

Archibald was decent though, I am rooting for that kid.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I don't understand how Kesler is not first star and Steen is when Kesler has 8 shots/2 goals, Steen has 2 shots 1 goal/1 assist and both are +1...

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Another WAHHHHHHHH we lost let's fight after the game.

Was thinking the same thing. Looks like he's got a history being a poor loser and starting **** after the horn. I had never seen that video before and while I never like to see players get hurt it was nice to see the obvious aggressor (Backes) get his face smashed open after he picked a fight with the wrong guy.

John Bender*

Man, when Burrows comes back we could have a decent top 6

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Santorelli Kesler

Bbbbbbbut Kesler sucks and is done and has no creativity and is overrated and should be traded!!!!!!!

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Wow we really need to rest our top guns!1 Each played 24+ minutes!!

But seriously this is what we wanted for the past 3 years... TO KEEP GOING FOR IT.

With Torterella we have won 3 times in OT because we went for it and put the best players on the ice.

Love torts, and once we get Burrows back this team will be even better.

John Bender*

I don't understand how Kesler is not first star and Steen is when Kesler has 8 shots/2 goals, Steen has 2 shots 1 goal/1 assist and both are +1...

Obviously its all due to the fact Garrett was choosing the stars?:sarcasm:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sestito played more then 11 min tonight, well deserved also.

He has been very solid for awhile now

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
And Daniel gets a 10 min. misconduct penalty at the end for good measure...what a **** disturber, instigating the whole thing by cheering the winning goal. Classless. lol

Someone in the GDT was saying the extra two minutes when blood is drawn on a high stick is the dumbest rule in hockey, if I could bend the parameters a little bit I'd say the unwritten rule that you have to find a reason to give a guy a penalty for getting mauled so the calls even out (even apparently after the game is decided) is the dumbest rule in hockey.

I'd say "what is Daniel supposed to do to avoid that call, stand there and take it" but we all saw how that worked out.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
don't worry, was a big win so a lot of us are overexcited. Kesler wouldn't fight Jackman ever, he would get absolutely wrecked.

Nor should he. That's like Scott jumping Kessel, nobody expects Kessel to fight back. Let's see the main boards jump on Backes and Jackman for jumping skill players........

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa

Because it's the St Louis media doing crap as always? Look at the 1st stars at their games.

Great road trip, great win. It's 4 am around here and I'm so awake as if I had drunk six espressos. But, as other user put it, I'm really pumped about the character of this team. This usually is a key ingredient for a lengthy cup run.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
You know what I'm excited about?

What Torterella is going to say about that gong show in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad