Post-Game Talk: Game 13: Canucks 3, Blues 2 in OT - Rest Is For The Weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bender*

AMAZING road trip guys. I am very happy about it.

There were times we were hemmed in our own zone, but I'm getting used to this bend but not break mentality.

It's amazing that they were able to do as well as they did, given that......per your many previous assertions....they are completely inept, wholly incapable and a terrible team.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Yeah had a kid in my elementary class whose cousin was Barrett Jackman. He just won the Calder to boot then.

Great road trip. Great effort by the Canucks. Torts has really pushed them so far.

Betamax*

Wow quite the 1st call on 1040 :laugh::laugh:

Guy took the hosts to task on bashing Daniel and Kelser

It was a stupid call. I listen to the post game show frequently and they never suggested Kesler or Daniel aren't going to score again. It was a team 1040 hate call, same as the one right now. This Mike from Langley, every single one of his calls involves him take a shot at the radio guys. There's a whole lot more to call in about tonight than just to chirp Blake and Jeff.

I know it's popular to hate 1040, but it's getting ridiculous. They're not THAT bad. They say some silly things sometimes but they're a helluva lot smarter than a lot of the bozo callers they get. Embarrassing the idiots a so-called hockey town like Vancouver has.

The callers are horrendous, but 1040 is quite bad.

I assure you it's no better in any other "hockey" town in Canada. Radio call-in shows bring out the crazies. Doesn't matter if it's sports or something else. I wouldn't attribute anything to the city.

Yeah, it brings out the "fanatic." It's not much different then popular messageboards like this one. You have a certain segment of the fanbase that aren't exactly the most rational people when it comes to analyzing their team.

There was an infamous call that TEAM Radio ran about some guy calling on some other market (I think it was Boston) that was losing it, spazzing out, I think he was in the verge of angry tears because of the performance or lack of it of their home teams.

In general, the regular callers (with a few exceptions) to sports talk shows are dull, bad, repetitive or utter train wrecks. Less interaction from the fan base is typically better for the show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
It's amazing that they were able to do as well as they did, given that......per your many previous assertions....they are completely inept, wholly incapable and a terrible team.

ummmm I was praising the team, maybe just be happy and contribute positively!

:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad