Post-Game Talk: Game 13: Canucks 3, Blues 2 in OT - Rest Is For The Weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanevian*

What if I told you... that we'd go 5-1-1 on a road trip and win the final game with a forward corps of:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Richardson
Sestito-Welsh-Kassian
Archibald-Pelletier-Weber

I'd probably have gotten laughed off HF boards. I had a hard time even typing that.

You would have been banned for trolling.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
What if I told you... that we'd go 5-1-1 on a road trip and win the final game with a forward corps of:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Richardson
Sestito-Welsh-Kassian
Archibald-Pelletier-Weber

I'd probably have gotten laughed off HF boards. I had a hard time even typing that.

I would say you're underrating this team!

Sedin Sedin are previous throphy winners with Kesler a Selke.. yes the third and fourth line looks like poo but our defense is still very healthy!

But in the main board... most people would be questioning to the heck are some of those people.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
AMAZING road trip guys. I am very happy about it.

There were times we were hemmed in our own zone, but I'm getting used to this bend but not break mentality.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Why would he fight? Just like after a big hit nowadays, you need to fight, does Kesler need to fight after he scores now?

The team did not get the memo, if you win against the Blues you got to fight through and out of the building, think zombie apocalypse if win in OT. Scrounge what you need and take no prisoners.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Backes is lucky Sestito decided not to fight after a big, clean hit.

Sestito should've tuned him up anyhow to get him off the ice for at least 5 minutes (as aside from his what you might think of Backes - it's a huge plus taking him to the penalty box for a period of time); or watch Backes embarass himself by turtling.:laugh:

1. Game was over
2. Long road trip came to an end
3. Jackman is a tough SOB
Yup...and mean as well.

Wizeman*

I assume you're talking about Kesler. He sucks ass at fighting and would have gotten tooled by Jackman who is one tough customer

No. Kesler fought Jackman 2 years ago to a draw. Kesler doesn't suck ass at fighting.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why would he fight? Just like after a big hit nowadays, you need to fight, does Kesler need to fight after he scores now?

Actually I agree with this. If this happened during the game I'd expect him to fight, but the game was over, and it's not the playoffs where we'll be playing these guys again in two days. Fighting accomplishes nothing at this point.

Betamax*

Lph isn't a troll. Maybe speaking the truth a little harshly..

There was falsehood spread in the following:

don't worry, was a big win so a lot of us are overexcited. Kesler wouldn't fight Jackman ever, he would get absolutely wrecked.

Kesler, in fact did 'fight' Jackman back in Mar 8, 2008 2pd 06:48, 2007-2008 Regular Season. He 'lost' the fight but he wasn't "absolutely wrecked." He was even willing to voluntarily take off his lid before they began throwing the fists (which would be a penalty in today's NHL).

Kesler fights sparingly, but his fight card for the most part is for hockey players that are pretty good and most of them can fight a bit as well.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
12 mins to dan sedin at the end of the game shows everything that is wrong with the officiating in this league. I shouldn't be surprised after he was given a 10 min unsportsmanlike after brad marchand repeatedly punched him in the face though. The refs really hate the sedins and it sickens me. Two of the kindest individuals on this planet. They don't deserve this nonsense. The refs can only get away with it because the sedins have too much class to call them out big-time and yell in their faces.

I really do feel that the only time the refs may stop sticking it to the canucks is when one of the sedins is given a career-ending injury. Everyone else is allowed to walk right over them and no one gives a damn.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I'll be honest and say that I fell asleep at some point in the third.

Sick hand eye by Kesler in OT.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Kesler fights sparingly, but his fight card for the most part is for hockey players that are pretty good and most of them can fight a bit as well.
As he should; he's one of the key players for the Canucks; and they can't afford him off the ice and in the penalty box in exchange for a alright - though hardly key member of the opposing team (Jackman). Or worse, have him injure his hand in a fight.

Betamax*

As he should; he's one of the key players for the Canucks; and they can't afford him off the ice and in the penalty box in exchange for a alright - though hardly key member of the opposing team (Jackman). Or worse, have him injure his hand in a fight.

Exactly. For anyone to suggest otherwise, that either he was "afraid" to fight because he was going to get "wrecked" and that he should have fought Jackman at that point of the game ... when it was over and it was near the end of an OT game, where he's logged heavy minutes for the entire road trip is asinine.

Now, if Jackman had previously cheap-shotted a Sedin with a punch or crosscheck etc. before they got tangled up, then that's the time for Kesler to drop the gloves and go after him but that didn't happen so I was okay with him staying cool and letting Jackman not get what he wanted.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
There was falsehood spread in the following:

Kesler, in fact did 'fight' Jackman back in Mar 8, 2008 2pd 06:48, 2007-2008 Regular Season. He 'lost' the fight but he wasn't "absolutely wrecked." He was even willing to voluntarily take off his lid before they began throwing the fists (which would be a penalty in today's NHL).

this is the second time you have said this and you ignored my last response. Things that happened five-six years ago are irrelevant. Kesler is not the same guy, and his role is drastically different.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Yup. Let kes avoid injury. Jackman was just being a tool. He shouldnt have to fight jackman there. I don't mind if he fights if he's sticking up for a teammate that was hit with a cheapshot.

YouCantYandleThis*

Hardly.

Because they overexaggerate on their stances, and didn't have the patience to wait for a player who came off of surgery tto get rounded into form.

What a load of bs on your next statement. Kesler also made the sedins better and their line more tougher to play against.

Except I easily hereby would take your opinion as a grain of salt. I'm glad kesler is making people like you shut up.

The criticism he received for the most part was absolutely just ****. Deal with it.

The worst part is that there were kneejerking idiots wanting him to be traded because of his slow start and failing to accept that he needed time to adjust.

Yeah, the criticism Kesler got when he played awfully was not "****" and was not even unwarranted.

And to be perfectly honest, despite his fantastic play as of late, I would still love to see the old Kesler that could carry a line by himself. If we don't have that Kesler anymore, alright, but let's not pretend like everything's all peachy, and always has been.

I love Ryan Kesler and pretty much everything he brings to our team, but like almost any other player on this club he gets criticized when he deserves to be criticized.

I will say that Kesler is playing brilliantly as a winger for the Sedins right now, and looks to have regained his form on the PP which is absolutely massive for us. If he can somehow translate this into holding down the second line center spot again, we're gonna have some kind of team on our hands.

Until then, it looks pretty darn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Jackman was just being a, well, major league Jackass. Good on Kesler to not take the bait. Take a run at him next game or something.

You would have been banned for trolling.

Yeah, this. :laugh: Canucks are just real-life trolls.

Last edited:

Betamax*

this is the second time you have said this and you ignored my last response. Things that happened five-six years ago are irrelevant. Kesler is not the same guy, and his role is drastically different.

What exactly was your last response?

Edit: It seems to me that you were the one that "ignored" my last response:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=73261701&postcount=373

re:

Hi, welcome to 2013.

Yeah, welcome to 2013.

Kesler is in the here and now at the end of his athletic prime and Jackman is past it.

To suggest that Kesler would want no part of Jackman (i.e. in your words that he would be "wrecked") due to the latter being a badder dude is utterly ridiculous. :shakehead

The reasons to decline getting involved in a needless fight at the end of the game seems to have went over your head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Yeah, the criticism Kesler got when he played awfully was not "****" and was not even unwarranted.

And to be perfectly honest, despite his fantastic play as of late, I would still love to see the old Kesler that could carry a line by himself. If we don't have that Kesler anymore, alright, but let's not pretend like everything's all peachy, and always has been.

I love Ryan Kesler and pretty much everything he brings to our team, but like almost any other player on this club he gets criticized when he deserves to be criticized.

I will say that Kesler is playing brilliantly as a winger for the Sedins right now, and looks to have regained his form on the PP which is absolutely massive for us. If he can somehow translate this into holding down the second line center spot again, we're gonna have some kind of team on our hands.

Until then, it looks pretty darn good.

No its not. Don't try to switch my words around.

Except there was modicum amount of criticism when there was no room for it. Simply put these kneejerking morons kept chewing on him for every minor thing he did, like overplay the puck despite being exhausted for a shift.

Sure, I have no problem if he plays poorly during the mid point of the season, and the criticism sticks. The point is that's illogical to start adding him in trade proposals, or always pointing the blame on him for any scoring woe when he just came off of injury, adjusting to the game and new system during the beginning of the same. Let's not pretend that he isn't a slow starter. He had 0 points in his first 6 games in a previous season , before catching fire and scoring over 70+ point in that same season.

As for kesler thrusted back to the second C role, not sure about that as Torts feels very pleased about his success as a winger so far. It will pay dividents that's for sure.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013

You really think if that had happened in the middle of the game that Kesler would have just stood there being pushed around? Just man up, admit you were wrong and move on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad