BRUINS GDT Game 13 | 11/9 | Boston Bruins vs. New York Fishsticks | 7pm ET | ESPN+, NESN, 98.5 FM, MSGN, MSG+, 88.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sometimes the difference between watching the game live and on TV is vast.

Being there tonight, I never felt the Isles had a chance to win. Even after tying it up with the SHG.

At the end of the second period my 14 year old nephew said to me……how are the Islanders outshooting them?

They haven’t done anything!

Felt like the B’s we’re in control from the puck drop.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Sometimes the difference between watching the game live and on TV is vast.

Being there tonight, I never felt the Isles had a chance to win. Even after tying it up with the SHG.

At the end of the second period my 14 year old nephew said to me……how are the Islanders outshooting them?

They haven’t done anything!

Felt like the B’s we’re in control from the puck drop.
I felt this way watching it on tv too. The shorty was a gaff that perhaps made it seem closer than it was, but the Bruins dominated and most of their chances were not that dangerous. They are like a bad less talented version of the Bruins and the result is what it should be.

bring on the next one.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
To me, it's only spoiled if it translates into Stanley Cups

..and then I'd say it's a great feeling to be spoiled
Yeah it’s like the ruined perfect Pats season when they lost to the Giants in the SuperBowl. It hurt to be so good and not finish it off. I guess at least the Pats can say they got to the big game. Last season left such a sour taste in my mouth that while happy with the success I want to really see a better playoff run

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah it’s like the ruined perfect Pats season when they lost to the Giants in the SuperBowl. It hurt to be so good and not finish it off. I guess at least the Pats can say they got to the big game. Last season left such a sour taste in my mouth that while happy with the success I want to really see a better playoff run
I've had my share of disappointments in sports over many years, being a Dallas Cowboys fan for close to 50 years and a Bruins fan for close to 60

I don't always remember the successful regular seasons, but I sure as hell always remember the Championships

It hurts even MORE when the teams have such a great season, but fizzle out in the playoffs, because of my higher expectations (last year's Bruins).....that hurt A LOT

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I can't get myself to make a good comparison, football and hockey are so different.

Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I felt this way watching it on tv too. The shorty was a gaff that perhaps made it seem closer than it was, but the Bruins dominated and most of their chances were not that dangerous. They are like a bad less talented version of the Bruins and the result is what it should be.

bring on the next one.
I would not say bad, but I think the talent levels are close. They have totally different styles though. We freewheel and they play rope a dope and counterattack.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Their success really is in their structure. Every person does their job, that’s why even when they don’t play well they are still winning or always in a game. It’s very disciplined hockey. All that is missing is an attitude needed for the playoffs, hopefully Lucic and JVR help supply that. If they can get that mentality along with the dedication to the structure they could go far.

The system that has been in place since Claude Julian's tenure has been very successful for, again, at least 15 years.

Responsible, ingrained structure leads to success. It becomes habit. Good habit.

Looch was right tonight when speaking with Jack and Brick; certain players on this team can find another gear. I believe that.

They're still going to have to fight for every inch of ice because as talented as they remain, with the new kids, the blend of older players, and Brad's leadership, it's still going to be something of a task, yes?

Throughout the season into the playoffs, Boston must embrace what they have, what they don't, and who they are.

As silly as it sounds, team chemistry, playing for one another, supporting one another, and sticking up for one another, is a vital key to success in any team sport. Especially hockey.

I look forward to the rebirth of Bruins DNA.

Yeah, baby.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
The system that has been in place since Claude Julian's tenure has been very successful for, again, at least 15 years.

Responsible, ingrained structure leads to success. It becomes habit. Good habit.

Looch was right tonight when speaking with Jack and Brick; certain players on this team can find another gear. I believe that.

They're still going to have to fight for every inch of ice because as talented as they remain, with the new kids, the blend of older players, and Brad's leadership, it's still going to be something of a task, yes?

Throughout the season into the playoffs, Boston must embrace what they have, what they don't, and who they are.

As silly as it sounds, team chemistry, playing for one another, supporting one another, and sticking up for one another, is a vital key to success in any team sport. Especially hockey.

Yeah, baby.
Claude the legend. Love that guy.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Here's a question for all of you astute Bruins followers:
Where were they after game13 last year?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Yeah, baby.
I buy everything but Looch's assessment that some players can go to another level. I think only Pasta and McAvoy have that ability. (Maybe, Marchy for very short periods.) The rest of them are known quantity's for better or worse. Talent and track record is the DNA in which I believe. I believe very much in maintaining a winning culture, but I do not believe in this great glorious Bruins' toughness as DNA nearly a much as you. The game is evolving in other directions and the Bruins have been known to try and substitute mental and physical toughness for talent when push has come to shove.

Btw, it is spelled Julien. You strike me as a very smart guy, I am surprised you spell it that way so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad