Pre-Game Talk: Game 13 11/7 - Bruins travel to the land of poutine and smoked meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
His one game he was paired with Irwin and Kevan Miller has looked dreadful lately, why the hell not give him a shot?

Not to mention he is a better skater than Kevan Miller is and that could be valuable against Montreal.

This isn't based on that one awful game. It's based on the collection of awful games he's played since he's been here.

He is terrible and does not belong in the NHL.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's time to learn to score against Montreal and play with heart.

Agreed. But a few key saves couldn't hurt either, which Tuukka hasn't given them lately vs. The Habs.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
This isn't based on that one awful game. It's based on the collection of awful games he's played since he's been here.

I'm going to disagree I think he looked much better alongside Chara than K. Miller ever has. He is a better skater and seems less likely to have reached his potential, with 30 total games to his name, and continuing to play beyond expectations. He worked his tail off in the off season to where he can out pull up Chara. The least we could do is give him a second game with K. Miller doing nothing to warrant his teflon coating.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Agreed. But a few key saves couldn't hurt either, which Tuukka hasn't given them lately vs. The Habs.

Last game he wasn't the problem, the problem was we faced 38 shots and Price a bit over 20(21), and of course that rubbish no goal review.
Also those embarrassing calls have to stop, Beleskey&Morrow calls were awfull.

We are boring against Montreal, looks like a completely different team and beaten even before puck drop.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I just want a fair game - memories of the last circus had Spooner ejected from the game, Bergy getting kneed by Emelin, Marchand elbowed in the head and Krejci getting a high stick that caused obvious bleeding with no call at all.... and the disallowed goal.

We also survived a 5 minute major and a 5 on 3 without being scored on.... that game was winnable except for the typical officiating.

Let's go Bruins!!!! Beat the hated Habs!!

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I don' t expect much. Bruins might be able to keep it close but, in the end, defensive mistakes will cost them the game. Don't forget that, tonight, we're playing under Montreal's rulesbook not NHL rulesbook...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope Z is pissed off tonight.

Last time I can recall that he did anything really tough against this team was in 2013 when Eminem had a wicked cheap shot on Seggy and Z beat him up. I can't stand Eminem or Weise...pukes both of them.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I don' t expect much. Bruins might be able to keep it close but, in the end, defensive mistakes will cost them the game. Don't forget that, tonight, we're playing under Montreal's rulesbook not NHL rulesbook...

They will call what they will regardless- might as well beat the **** out of em.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I hope Z is pissed off tonight.

Last time I can recall that he did anything really tough against this team was in 2013 when Eminem had a wicked cheap shot on Seggy and Z beat him up. I can't stand Eminem or Weise...pukes both of them.

Wow, if that doesn't epitomize the Bruins fan's hatred for Montreal.....Ladyfan said pukes!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Are we talking about Trotman...or K Miller. Seems to me that applies to him just as easily (more Imo) than it does to Trotman. If Morrow or C Miller (or Bart) had played as poorly as K Miller has during this stretch, they would have been benched.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Yes. He has.

The Bruins D implodes on itself under Montreal pressure --Rask makes a bunch of big saves, then the Habs score and people start *****ing "Why can't he make a key save?"

It is ridiculous to the point of being comical.
Last game, against Washington he made 2 back-to-back saves that should have been the turning point but Marchand immediately takes an idiotic penalty to put us down 2 men. The Caps convert the 1-timer on the 5-3 to pull ahead. After the game you hear "We needed Rask to make a key save like Holtby did"
it is just a joke how simple-minded Bruins fans can be about it.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Rinaldo was born to play against the Habs, in Montreal.

We are a team that plays overwhelmed there and intimidated.

Put Rinaldo in and unleash him.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Yes. He has.

The Bruins D implodes on itself under Montreal pressure --Rask makes a bunch of big saves, then the Habs score and people start *****ing "Why can't he make a key save?"

Last game, against Washington he made 2 back-to-back saves that should have been the turning point but Marchand immediately takes an idiotic penalty to put us down 2 men. The Caps convert the 1-timer on the 5-3 to pull ahead. After the game you hear "We needed Rask to make a key save like Holtby did"

I haven't been happy with much of Rask's goaltending this season but I do agree with both these examples.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Good luck Vatrano, I hope he has a helluva game and steals a roster spot.

But I have zero trust that the D group will be played like that.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yes. He has.

My favorite part is that some people will say something to the effect that the D imploded because they knew Rask would let in a goal at a key time.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
last year B's were 0-6 in 2nd game vs rested team with rask playing both games. 1-2 with rask playing 2nd game only, and 3-2 with a backup playing 2nd game and Rask 1st.

conclusion: play Rask tonight and Gustav tomorrow, otherwise good chance of going 0-2 this weekend.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
last year B's were 0-6 in 2nd game vs rested team with rask playing both games. 1-2 with rask playing 2nd game only, and 3-2 with a backup playing 2nd game and Rask 1st.

conclusion: play Rask tonight and Gustav tomorrow, otherwise good chance of going 0-2 this weekend.

Gust plays tonight.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
we better win tonight then.

Backup vs backup today.
I would have liked to se Rask today, we need to beat them with our best players on ice and get confidence if we meet them in the playoffs, this pathetic mess(play) needs to stop.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We need something to rile us up.

do something dumb Weise. Nothing dangerous. Just something to make the switch flip in the B's players heads. For 2 seasons now, our emotion and heart against these fools have been non existstant. To the point where I no longer get pumped for these meetings.

Please change that tonight. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma