Pre-Game Talk: Game 13 11/7 - Bruins travel to the land of poutine and smoked meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
**** them. not pleasantly. I don't care who is in the line up. run them the **** over. want a game to show team unity? nut the **** up, this is your chance, wash off Dallas, was off the Caps, let's drop the ****ing hammer on these smurfie-toilet seats

Well that takes care of the GDT rant....

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Not too optimistic about this one although I never am when we play Montreal but by the time game time rolls around I will be hopeful. Come on ! Win !

Me neither. This Bruins team (to me) is not about this season...it's about next season. While the winning streak may have given a vast number of posters here delusions of grandeur...it did not me. I knew that with the type of team that we currently have (integrating youth) there are going to be peaks and DEEP valleys. We have had both thus far.
All in all....this is not a playoff team...it's a fringe team. I honestly don't give 2 craps if the make the playoffs...what I do care about is that the youth movement is handled properly and sets the team for future success. Guys need experience, they need NHL competition and they need to gain confidence. Guys like Vatrano and Koko need ice time and a bunch of games to learn how to play in the NHL. This season....I could not care less about our record. I just want our youngins to learn how to play like an NHLer.

Also....**** the Habs.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
If we are going to lose, I'd at least like to see a gong show like the old days (2005-2008ish)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If we are going to lose, I'd at least like to see a gong show like the old days (2005-2008ish)

Hell, I'll take a 2011 gong show. Chuck Chara, McQuaid, Randell, Rinaldo, and Belesky out there, and give Tuuks a milkcrate. Only this time, make sure Plek Plek the Turtleneck doesn't get to turtle.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
For the love of god, just don't roll over and die. Score a few, punch some toilet bowls, flip the bird (bless you Ference). I don't even care if they lose just do something to show you care about beating these *******.

Let's go Bs!

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
If Tuukka gets the start, they should start the game at the beginning of the second period and just spot Montreal a 2-0 lead. That way, we don't have to suffer through the inevitable.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I have very low expectations and all hope will leave me when the Habs score inside the first 3 minutes of the game (because that always seems to happen) so hopefully Vatrano plays because I'd like to watch the kid. I didn't get to watch any preseason games so this would be my first look at the guy.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
While normally this is a winning recipe....the Bruins are like .500 this season when scoring first....hence, I doubt it would help them to get an early lead.

:laugh:

With them having won 6 and having lost 6, that would mean that they're at .500 when NOT scoring first...

But more seriously, they're 4-3-0 when scoring first, and thus 2-2-1 when not scoring first.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
While normally this is a winning recipe....the Bruins are like .500 this season when scoring first....hence, I doubt it would help them to get an early lead.

I guess you are right but it might deflate the crowd ,this is going to be hard to watch if Montreal scores early with the crowd going nuts . Watching this one with the sound off .

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
...can we just engage physically for once?

please?

I am so starved for actual hitting and aggressiveness. We havent played with any really..going back 2 seasons now. Play like you want it more. These games lately are like a shark toying with a fragile, already hurt seal. Playing with us. Time to switch it around. I want to see hard forechecking. Engage them early. Stop leaving Rask out to dry. Stop allowing shows right in front of the goal. Clear that s*** out. Do not allow them to get in tight. Our D HAS to step up in all assets.

Hopefully Frankie scores and makes a difference. I'm excited to watch him ..and since these games against these scabs are a waste as of late I have no expectations. Just play like you give a damn I guess.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Please beat this disgusting team for two bloody reasons

Important pts in the standings

And for at least a day or two, won`t have to listen to my peers at work yakking on about yet another Habs win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad