Pre-Game Talk: Game 13 11/7 - Bruins travel to the land of poutine and smoked meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CTJMcvWWsAEg7iQ.jpg:large

CSliDbDXAAAZp4b.jpg:large

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What's the over/under for the first "Habs fan, I come in peace. It's too bad your team sucks because I like it better when the games are competitive." smarmy, back-handed insult post? :naughty:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins-Canadiens preview: High-powered offences clash at Bell Centre

PAT HICKEY, MONTREAL GAZETTE

Getting offensive: These are the two most productive teams in the NHL on offence. The Canadiens are averaging a league-best 3.87 goals a game, while the Bruins are second at 3.78. There are some differences — the Bruins rely heavily on their top two lines, while the Canadiens are better balanced with third-liner Dale Weise leading the team with eight goals. In the past, the Canadiens have taken advantage of undisciplined play by the Bruins and have feasted on the power play, and that could be a scenario this time around. The Canadiens have scored at least one power-play goal in seven of their last nine games and rank third in the NHL with a success rate of 25 per cent. The Bruins top the league with a 35-per-cent success rate, but Boston has the worst penalty-killing unit in the league, stopping the opposition only 70 per cent of the time.

Players to watch: The Canadiens have an NHL-best eight players with at least 10 points. Tomas Plekanec leads the way with 14, while Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais and defencemen P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov each have 13. Pacioretty ended a five-game point drought with a pair of assists against the Islanders, while Weise extended his consecutive-game points streak to four. He has five goals and an assist during that run. David Krejci leads the Bruins in goals (7) and points (15) while Patrice Bergeron, Loui Eriksson and Jimmy Hayes each have four goals and seven assists.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
**** them. not pleasantly. I don't care who is in the line up. run them the **** over. want a game to show team unity? nut the **** up, this is your chance, wash off Dallas, was off the Caps, let's drop the ****ing hammer on these smurfie-toilet seats

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Vatrano called up.
Talbot to the bench.

Loui-Krejci-Vatrano
Marchand-Bergy-Connolly
Beleskey-Spoon-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemp-Randel

Chara-C.Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-K.Miller

Rask

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Not too optimistic about this one although I never am when we play Montreal but by the time game time rolls around I will be hopeful. Come on ! Win !

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Not too optimistic about this one although I never am when we play Montreal but by the time game time rolls around I will be hopeful. Come on ! Win !

I am optimistic. The team was able to score a goal last night against Jesus Holtby. Now they just may be able to win against the Habs for the 1st time since 2011...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I can't take any more Habs losses, Bruins wake up and for the love of God if Rask is in play well.

He was better than Price on the 1st game but a shutout tomorrow would be gold for our team.

But we need to wake up, our compete level has been awfull for the last 2 games.
Caps-Montreal is nightmare schedule for us but time to make a change.

Vatrano-Krejci-Lou hopefully clicks and we get our offense going and please No pk tomorrow.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins have to stay out of the box, their PK is atrocious 70.5%.

3 out of every 10 power-plays the other team scores, what happened?

We all know that the Bruins will get at least 5 plus penalties in this game so stay out of the box and don't do anything stupid, I am looking at you Marchand.

The NHL first started recording power-play and penalty-kill opportunities during the 1963-64 season. With Toronto's partial season called out, the 10 worst teams since then have been:

Year Team PK%
2009-10 Toronto Maple Leafs 68.32
1979-80 Los Angeles Kings 67.7
1982-83 Los Angeles Kings 68.24
1978-79 Washington Capitals 70.25
1984-85 Vancouver Canucks 70.53
1978-79 Colorado Rockies 70.62
1981-82 Los Angeles Kings 71.29
1974-75 Washington Capitals 71.34
1985-86 Los Angeles Kings 71.7
1977-78 Vancouver Canucks 71.74

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I will watch as always but I don't think it will be much fun for us B's fans.

I'm going and I expect to have a victory smoked meat with poutine on the side :)

What can go wrong in Montreal :D

But after seeing this commercial I am staying off the subway there :laugh:

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Most of us have no expectations for that game, best way to not get hurt , right?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm going and I expect to have a victory smoked meat with poutine on the side :)

What can go wrong in Montreal :D

But after seeing this commercial I am staying off the subway there :laugh:

Well have a blast...be careful...and I don't think I need to tell you to cheer loud for our boys ;)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well have a blast...be careful...and I don't think I need to tell you to cheer loud for our boys ;)

Only time I ever had problems in Montreal was when Team USA beat Team Canada in 1996. That was not a safe night to be an American :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad