Post-Game Talk: GAME 13 - 11-2 - BRUINS 3 St. Louis 1 F

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Great crowd for a Monday night

Linus only had to make a few quality saves but he sure did when called upon

Carlo was a beast last night black hole when he was on the ice blues could generate nothing

Hampus and Cliffy very solid too

We really miss Forbort
Zboril struggling on bottom pair

Forwards our snakebitten just 1 even strength goal the last 2 games and it was a very soft goal given up by Binnington

Feel bad for Smith only got about 5 mins but when he was out there he was working his ass off as per usual

The PK was amazing tonight absolute clinic

keep it rolling Thursday

Calgary who has lost 5 in a row will be another desperate team

Go bruins
Calgary no Tanev killing them on backend and no depth up front.Carlo was good last night and no coincidence he was physical

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
St. Louis, much like Toronto on Saturday, came out hard and really pressed for the win. Unlike Saturday, the Blues were unable to hold off the Bruins when they turned it up in the third period. The shot differential was MUCH better last night, and I love how Montgomery has the Bruins skating North-South, and focusing on the attack. It does look like they need to work on those 2 on 1 breakaways, but I liked what I saw, especially in the third period.

Linus Ullmark is definitely hot right now, and for the moment it doesn't look like Swayman needs to rush back any faster than he has to. Having two excellent goaltenders is a wonderful thing.

Nice win last night.

We're on to Calgary.

Edit: Killing three penalties in the first period was YUGE. I don't care who you're playing, when you kill three penalties in one period, that is no joke. MAJOR props to the Bruins on that.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Man sucks to see Zboril play so poorly, I thought he was going to finally become the top 4 dman he was destined to be.

There’s still a chance, but he has not impressed at all this season
He has the yips . He rushes plays. He needs to find a way to calm himself in stressful situation. Learn from Lindholm, that guy is cool as a cucumber. I hope he can learn. He has all the tools to be a good one.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
He has the yips . He rushes plays. He needs to find a way to calm himself in stressful situation. Learn from Lindholm, that guy is cool as a cucumber. I hope he can learn. He has all the tools to be a good one.
You call it yips, I call it lacking confidence. The Blues first goal Krug took the puck behind his own blue line and Zboril kept retreating all the way back into his own faceoff circle letting Krug control the play. A confident defenseman would have stepped up and played Krug in middle ice. Hopefully he gets it back.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Bergeron was amazing off the ice over the weekend, and again, he saved the day with a nice PP goal last night. A real Bruins legend on so many levels.
In terms of what he has meant to the Boston Bruins, he is this century's Bobby Orr. Imagine, if you will, where this franchise would be if not for Patrice Bergeron?

On-ice hero and off-ice ambassador. No other Bruin in the team's 98+ year history - except for Orr - has worn both as well as Bergeron. I was a fan of his from the first time I saw him playing in a #56 Bruins uniform, but I never thought he would become such an iconic figure in Bruins history.

We are blessed to have him here.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
In terms of what he has meant to the Boston Bruins, he is this century's Bobby Orr. Imagine, if you will, where this franchise would be if not for Patrice Bergeron?

On-ice hero and off-ice ambassador. No other Bruin in the team's 98+ year history - except for Orr - has worn both as well as Bergeron. I was a fan of his from the first time I saw him playing in a #56 Bruins uniform, but I never thought he would become such an iconic figure in Bruins history.

You can add Milt Schmidt in there as well.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
You can add Milt Schmidt in there as well.
I absolutely loved Milt Schmidt. My father had the privilege of meeting Mr. Schmidt numerous times as a young boy and said Milt was the nicest guy you could possibly imagine.

I won't argue this with you. Milt Schmidt can certainly be part of this.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

The only appropriate comparison I can make is that he's the Bruins' Jean Beliveau

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Is it too sentimental to suggest Chara? He was the one who created the locker room culture that still seems to be going strong even after his retirement.
Ehh...

Chara is probably the next tier down. Orr; Bergeron; and Schmidt are pretty much untouchable hockey gods. As great as Chara was on and off the ice, he's just not really in their class.

The only appropriate comparison I can make is that he's the Bruins' Jean Beliveau
That's actually a pretty good comparison.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Lindolm and Carlo were studs last night.
Clifton is very explosive but man, if he had any offensive skill whatsoever he'd be a top 4 guy. He's got the burst to get space, but no skills or awareness to do anything with it.
Foligno is an entirely different player than last year.
Zboril definitely seems to be fighting it. I'm willing to give him half a season of games before I start thinking upgrades.
I've been less than impressed with Craig Smith since playoffs and this season. I'd honestly think of shipping him out over Reilly given how our D drop like flies over the course of a season. Maybe it's been the injuries.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Good team is good. It's crazy how much more movement there is in the offensive zone at even strength.

DeBrusk is turning into a player. Might be the most reliable all-around forward next to Marchand and Bergeron.

Can't help but wonder what things might look like with Bergeron-Krejci-Coyle-Zacha down the middle. I believe they actually have wing depth to support it. I understand Nosek's worth. I just think there's another level to the offense.

Lindholm, Clifton, Carlo, Grzelcyk..... Huge. The latter three don't get enough credit. Underrated.
Would be kinda funny to see them keep those pairings together and just add a McAvoy-Forbort pairing.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Ehh...

Chara is probably the next tier down. Orr; Bergeron; and Schmidt are pretty much untouchable hockey gods. As great as Chara was on and off the ice, he's just not really in their class.

That's actually a pretty good comparison.
Once again, The Chief gets no love.

Orr, Schmidt, Chief, Bourque, Bergeron......That's the list IMHO. Bruins Mt Rushmore.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Orr, Schmidt, Chief, Bourque, Bergeron......That's the list IMHO. Bruins Mt Rushmore.

One too many for a Mount Rushmore. Have fun choosing who to drop.

Edit: I know it’s BOBBY ORR but does longevity come into play at some point?

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

If not for Bobby Orr, I doubt the Bruins exist as we know them today. They were barely viable before he got here.

Milt Schmidt played here, coached here, and was an executive here.

We all know what Bergeron has done here.

If we’re going to debate a Mount Rushmore of Bruins players, there can only be four. Who’s number four? Bucyk? Bourque? Shore?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad