GDT: GAME #12 | Vancouver @ Toronto | CBC HNIC @ SAT, 5-NOV 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
May need to consider that. The top line is being keyed on quite heavily and need a better left-wing solution. JVR would represent that.

Something like...

JVR - Matthews - Nylander

Soshnikov - Kadri - Brown

Hyman - Bozak - Marner

Martin - Smith - Komarov

3 dangerous lines and a gritty checking unit, sign me up! Wouldn't mind seeing Griffin on the fourth line though.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
raw

I really don't think Bozak is going anywhere unless he prices himself out, every coach seems to like him and I don't think he's ever complained about the role he's given.

I doubt they resign him. But I agree I don't think he will be traded he is a good faceoff man who mows how to finish but doesn't do it too regularly.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I can't quite figure out who I like more; Nylander or Marner.

They're both great :)

What a time to be alive for a Leafs fan.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I know we're all in love with Garidner here.. But that guy's breakout is terrible. He either tosses it up the ice and misses everyone or holds on to it for way too long before making a sloppy pass in his own end, effectively killing all momentum and letting the other team comfortably set up they're neutral zone defence. Needs to be addressed

The bolded is among the oddest sentiments I've seen.

For someone that just "toss it up the ice and miss everyone or hold on to it for way too long", it's kind of cool that it still ends up with us breaking out with possession more often than any other D-man except Rielly. Weird that, must be a conspiracy.

I mean, for all his flaws and annoying sides, what you describe is half of what he excels at. That, and carrying it through the neutral zone and into the o-zone with control.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
It's so simple too. Just take Hyman off that line. Teams know they can pay all attention to those 2 and let Hyman **** up on his own.

Yup it's all Hyman's fault Mathews isn't scoring on his clear cut scoring chances that he's getting at a high volume each game.:help:

WTF is wrong with this forum and it's detest for Hyman?

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Nylander and Marner are slowly creating a gap between themselves and Matthews as the our best players.

I love this healthy competition.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
if I'm babs I'm telling willy shoot. he has had a bunch of high % scoring chances that he decided to pass on. he's got to remember he's as much of a sniper as he is a play maker

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I would like them to bring up Kapanen he's doing great on the Marlies.

Kapanen/Matthews/Nylander

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Nylander and Marner are slowly creating a gap between themselves and Matthews as the our best players.

I love this healthy competition.

When they start keying on the other two Mathews will shine again. In the meantime enjoy the rookie race

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
if I'm babs I'm telling willy shoot. he has had a bunch of high % scoring chances that he decided to pass on. he's got to remember he's as much of a sniper as he is a play maker

It seems to me that it's rather common for high skill guys to overplay situations when they are in a scoring slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad