GDT: GAME #12 | Vancouver @ Toronto | CBC HNIC @ SAT, 5-NOV 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't know why you'd break up the line. the puck is just not going in.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
What's there to change? They get their chances every game. Felt Nylander was the best player on the ice to not get a point against the Oilers. They had a so so game against the Sabres and look good again.

Hyman needs to go to the 4th line. Matthews nor Nylander trust Hyman to do anything with the puck. They don't pass to him at all.

That's basically what I'm getting at.

Matthews+Nylander = greatness.

Matthews+Nylander+Hyman = Two paddles and an anchor.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I'm not worried about Matthews. Every player on the planet goes through these stretches.

Marner continues to amaze me. I wish all of his haters were tied to a chair with their eyes taped open and forced to watch him.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Well, as long as they're generating chances I think they stay together. At most, maybe switch up Hyman.

I wouldn't mind swapping JVR with Hyman, might balance things out and JVR could crash the net. Marner is making space and I think Hyman would work on that line. Oh and give Kadri Sosh already!

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Nylander needs to shoot the puck more and get a little selfish. He's been great. Matthews has five shots. This is like an every day thing for him. He's got more shots on goal than guys like Stammer and Ovie. Once he gets one, floodgates open again.

Right on. He is getting his touches, and getting a bunch of shots on goal. The goals will come.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I'm not worried about Matthews. Every player on the planet goes through these stretches.

Marner continues to amaze me. I wish all of his haters we're tied to a chair with their eyes taped open and forced to watch him.

It would worry me if he wasn't getting his chances. He's getting plenty of chances and one of them will go in

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Marner continues to amaze me. I wish all of his haters we're tied to a chair with their eyes taped open and forced to watch him.

Exactly,in the meantime we have someone to pickup the slack

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
What's there to change? They get their chances every game. Felt Nylander was the best player on the ice to not get a point against the Oilers. They had a so so game against the Sabres and look good again.

Hyman needs to go to the 4th line. Matthews nor Nylander trust Hyman to do anything with the puck. They don't pass to him at all.

Yup, they'll pass it to him when their is NO other option.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I know we're all in love with Garidner here.. But that guy's breakout is terrible. He either tosses it up the ice and misses everyone or holds on to it for way too long before making a sloppy pass in his own end, effectively killing all momentum and letting the other team comfortably set up their neutral zone defence. Needs to be addressed

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
The only thing I'd change on that line is ask Nylander to trust his shot a bit more.

I don't think the kid lacks confidence anything in his game, he just wants to make the highlight with great passes to Matthews which he's been doing... but nothing to show the last few games.

And I agree, he has an elite shot...just use it man.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Matthews trade for Strome

raw

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I wouldn't mind swapping JVR with Hyman, might balance things out and JVR could crash the net. Marner is making space and I think Hyman would work on that line. Oh and give Kadri Sosh already!
May need to consider that. The top line is being keyed on quite heavily and need a better left-wing solution. JVR would represent that.

Something like...

JVR - Matthews - Nylander

Soshnikov - Kadri - Brown

Hyman - Bozak - Marner

Martin - Smith - Komarov

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Jvr has done nothing and bozak has 2 goals and some faceoff wins. You think they just played their way into the future core?

I really don't think Bozak is going anywhere unless he prices himself out, every coach seems to like him and I don't think he's ever complained about the role he's given.

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
My inside sources tell me Babcock and Management see major flaws in Matthews game. They are looking to trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese