GDT: GAME #12 | Vancouver @ Toronto | CBC HNIC @ SAT, 5-NOV 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
My prediction:

We will be treated to Hughson and Simpson speaking of the sparse number of Canucks' young players as rough equivalents to the Leafs' young talent.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
My prediction:

We will be treated to Hughson and Simpson speaking of the sparse number of Canucks' young players as rough equivalents to the Leafs' young talent.

"so here we go Virtanan vs Nylander both great talents in different ways we will see who comes out on top tonight"
- Hughson

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs-Canucks game day

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/04/leafs-canucks-game-day

TORONTO - The Maple Leafs host the Canucks Saturday at 7 p.m. at the ACC. Watch it on HNIC or listen on Fan 590.

Big Matchup

Sedins vs. Leafs youth

On Friday, both Daniel and Henrik Sedin said they need to step up their games to help the Canucks climb out of the dark hole they find themselves. But can the older, struggling Canucks match the Leafs speed? With Mitch Marner and William Nylander tough to catch and both are adept at opening up free ice, it won’t be easy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
One could say they don't need to tear it down because they suck as is and will finish in a position to draft high. Things will take care of themselves naturally as it were.

not really. like we've thought that delusion too. and Benning is super scary. He could legitimately think "okay, we're not scoring" and actually TRADE for some. then they finish middle ground (and HOPE to win the lottery spots) - but they're still too high for the other rounds (ie: the likihood of catching "fallers" is really nill).

even in the deepest of sports hate, I wouldn't wish "Middle-Ground" on anyone because it sucks, especially near the end. but until the Sedins retire (because who is taking on those two contracts?) they are hooped.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end it's a long road ahead for Vancouver. Much of the problem there is ownership. They need to give up on making the Canucks get into the playoffs to improve the value of the team. It's not happening. You just can't will a team into the playoffs anymore. Need enough pieces to get there.

It's just a matter of waiting in the end for them. Eventually the Sedins will be done and that should at least force someone in charge to really rebuild.

Not that I don't think you couldn't move them. Retain to the max on the both of them and...maybe someone would take them for the second or third line. They've been amazing players in their career, but can definitely see how time has taken its toll on them.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What can they do? Can they actually trade both Sedins and eat 50% of the cap hit on both? Do the Sedins even want to get traded? I don't think it is easy. Maybe they want to trade them and start over, but their hands are tied? If the Sedins say "no", they can't do much about it. We don't know. Unless I missed something.

Are the Sedins at 7mil, feasible for teams?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
What can they do? Can they actually trade both Sedins and eat 50% of the cap hit on both? Do the Sedins even want to get traded? I don't think it is easy. Maybe they want to trade them and start over, but their hands are tied? If the Sedins say "no", they can't do much about it. We don't know. Unless I missed something.

that would be in effect buy one get one free. I hope if they get traded they do that

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Are the Sedins at 7mil, feasible for teams?

They both have NMC so they can't do very much with them.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

The No-Movement Clause:

A No-Movement Clause prohibits a team from moving a player by trade, waivers, or assigning that player to the minors without the player’s consent. This keeps the player with the pro team unless the player approves one of these moves. The player has the final say. Some players will often have a limited trade list here as well. A No-Movement Clause does not restrict a team from buying out or terminating a player’s contract.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

No surprises

I think Babs needs to switch Hyman and Sosh and ride it for a few games. Even though he's a bit smaller, Sosh can provide everything Hyman can in terms of a physical presence, but he also has the skill to compliment Matthews and Nylander.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
our defence looks like

Hutton-Gudranson
Sbisa-Larsen
Tryamkin-Stecher

have fun

We can give you Hunwick and Polak....OK?

Edit: Even adding Tanev and Edler to that group it looks dog ugly...what the Hell happened in Vancouver?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hopefully we beat Canucks tonight. Man they haven't been able to score. Especially Loui Eriksson.

I'm scared that they have saved all their scoring for the Leafs.

Hopefully, we don't get blown out.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I think it's safe to say that Canucks fans would like to re-do that draft and take Nylander :laugh:

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
I'm not sure why anyone wants to take Sosh off the 4rth line. He makes the line dangerous. Which gives the Leafs 4 scoring lines. I do agree Hymen needs to be replaced however.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i would really want a Columbus/montreal result. that would be great. with The Leafs playing the part of Columbus.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Law of averages. Canucks are bound to break their goal scoring drought. Hopefully we'll put a few away tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia