GDT: GAME #12 | Vancouver @ Toronto | CBC HNIC @ SAT, 5-NOV 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Please run up the score and shut us out. It would help if Nylander and Matthews have a great game.

Thanks.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I expect another win you have a team that can't score, has a terrible PP and while they are decent defensively 2 of their top 4 D are out so that doesn't help them.

I think this is the night Mathews pointless streak is snapped.

HOPEFULLY this is the night JVR or Marner get a shot with Mathews and Nylander because Hyman just is not producing.

I like him but 1 point in 11 games it's time gets gets off thst line.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
If there is one thing I have learned thus far, it's that the Leafs find a way to surprise you, good and bad.

I hope the 'Nucks can finally start their rebuild at some point. Their fans deserve better than what the last few years have given them.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Andersen has found his groove and the Canucks can't score to save their lives.

I'm confident about this one.

On a side note, how hilarious is it that the Canucks paid Eriksson 6M and so far he has -1 goals :laugh:

Uh-oh - NO jinx pls :)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i hope nylander gets a hat trick and you guys shut us out

The Canucks haven't been playing bad hockey, they just can't score (or don't have enough scoring).
That won't last forever. They will score at some point.
They've been playing very well defensively and creating chances. The last 2 games they should have won. They controlled the game. We will see what happens.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If there is one thing I have learned thus far, it's that the Leafs find a way to surprise you, good and bad.

I hope the 'Nucks can finally start their rebuild at some point. Their fans deserve better than what the last few years have given them.

Ya, easy to feel bad for Nucks fans....because we have watched that movie already, thanks Burke/Nonis...

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Nucks fans are feeling what we felt in the post lockout era. Hanging on to aging stars and desperately trying just to make the playoffs rather than tearing it down and starting a proper rebuild.

I think their fans would support a rebuild if their management group was honest about the state of the franchise. The reason they're struggling on and off the ice is because they're just spinning their wheels mired in mediocrity with no end game in sight.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nucks fans are feeling what we felt in the post lockout era. Hanging on to aging stars and desperately trying just to make the playoffs rather than tearing it down and starting a proper rebuild.

I think their fans would support a rebuild if their management group was honest about the state of the franchise. The reason they're struggling on and off the ice is because they're just spinning their wheels mired in mediocrity with no end game in sight.

We know exactly how they feel and pretty much the outcome continuing along this path. I won't tell Canuck fans because they wouldn't listen.
Every year the same. We've seen it. Leaf fans did it, lived it.

Every year, just get Kessel some help. Sign this free agent and if we can just trade for this guy we can make the playoffs. Once our prospects are ready, Blacker,Percy,Biggs,Kozun,etc. We will be in good shape. This prospect should be a top 6 and this one will be a top 4 D for us.

Wrong.
You have to obtain that high end core position talent to build around. Then draft smart and often because not every prospect is going to make it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I'd love to mock Benning and Linden, but this problem starts with Aquellini. He is scared s***less of going full rebuild. Vancouver sports fans tend to be fairly fickle, while there are a bunch of die-hards on this board who know its for the best and would still show up to see the youngsters that isn't the average fan. Toronto has no quelms on this one because even if the average fan didn't like going full rebuild at the start, no one is giving up season tickets due to how impossible it is to get them back.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
I'm looking forward to getting a good look at Tryamkin. Hopefully he doesn't hurt anyone.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Game Day: Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver has struggled to score, with a league-low 16 goals in 11 games this season.

By Dave FeschukSports Columnist
Fri., Nov. 4, 2016

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/11/04/maple-leafs-canucks-preview.html

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The FAN

Key matchup: The NHL’s worst offence vs. Toronto’s bottom-five defence. Eleven games into the season, the Canucks have managed to score a league-low 16 goals. They’ve been shut out in four of their last five games, with Senators third-stringer Mike Condon blanking them Thursday. Toronto’s goals-against average of 3.36, which ranks 26th in the league, figures to improve.

Need to know: The Canucks’ power play is converting at a league-worst 8.6 per cent . . . Free-agent goaltender Karri Ramo practised with the Leafs on Friday. Though not under contract, Ramo has been rehabbing his surgically repaired knee with the help of Toronto’s training staff. He saved Toronto No. 1 Frederik Andersen from facing extra shots Friday after a 42-save win in Buffalo on Thursday . . . Mitch Marner joined Auston Matthews to give Toronto two teenagers with multi-goal games in the same season for the first time since 1987-88, per the Elias Sports Bureau. Wendel Clark had a four-goal game a couple of weeks before he turned 20 that season, while Vincent Damphousse had a pair of two-goal nights, one at age 18, another at 19.

Up next: Tuesday vs. Los Angeles, 7:30 p.m.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Feeling the Canuck fans love in this thread. Will gladly cheer for a blow out tonight for you. Just remember to cheer us when we come to your building next.:)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
One could say they don't need to tear it down because they suck as is and will finish in a position to draft high. Things will take care of themselves naturally as it were.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
i predict a snoozefest...especially if Miller is in...he hates us and is highly motivated to shut us down..and has been successful at it too...hope i'm wrong

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015

I hate to say it but they should have started their re-build 3 years ago in one way or another!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad