Post-Game Talk: GAME #12: VAN 5, LAK 3 | 49 SOG, 4 PPGs, BB6 hat trick, and an 8-3-1 October, hot DAMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I was going to ask the same question, I cannot seem to find the game day thread after I logged off last night.
That means it was posted by an ignored user IIRC. Had the same thing happen to me last year.

Sneezy

Oct 25, 2019
I thought we conceded a lot of chances against a very poor offensive team.

Turning point of the game was LA hitting a post on a great chance with 5 minutes left in the 2nd period and then Boeser going back the other way to score. If that goes in, it's 3-2 LA and a different game. Instead it's 3-2 us and we coasted it out on a great PP.

Shots were 49 to 24 in favour of the Canucks and both teams had 6 PP each.

I did not see anything that worried me in regards to how the team played defensively. No matter what LA is an NHL team with some stars so they are bound to create goal scoring chances. LA should also be a heck of a lot more embarrassed by the fact they have been outscored so much in previous game so they should of been up for this game.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
watched from the second period on. fun game, and reminds me why when everybody is on boeser is still my favourite player to watch on this team. that wrist shot is just a thing of beauty.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
20 goals for Ferland seems to be a stretch for expectations unless he's going to get a lot of power play time. He's been good for around 12 to 13 ES goals the last few seasons. Needs at least a couple minutes of PP time per game to get to 20 goals from there.
The concern is that in his last 69 (nice:naughty:) games he has 7 goals and I'm pretty sure only 2 of those are at even strength.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Shots were 49 to 24 in favour of the Canucks and both teams had 6 PP each.

I did not see anything that worried me in regards to how the team played defensively. No matter what LA is an NHL team with some stars so they are bound to create goal scoring chances. LA should also be a heck of a lot more embarrassed by the fact they have been outscored so much in previous game so they should of been up for this game.
Agreed..the 5-3 score flattered the Kings...Canucks were a little flat at the start, and the Kings scored..and the Kings got a PP goal completely against the flow of the play.

Kings were dominated in almost every aspect.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Pearson will eventually get it going again he is just on a little cold streak . Horvat started the season off slow and is now rolling . The same with Ferland and Pearson , they are playing cold bow but it’s a long season and I still expect Pearson to get 40 points

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
I thought we conceded a lot of chances against a very poor offensive team.

Turning point of the game was LA hitting a post on a great chance with 5 minutes left in the 2nd period and then Boeser going back the other way to score. If that goes in, it's 3-2 LA and a different game. Instead it's 3-2 us and we coasted it out on a great PP.

I don't recall Markstrom being forced to make many tough saves. The Kings lead the NHL in shots/game this season and they were held to under 20 until late in the 3rd period, as the Canucks cruised to victory.

Actually thought the Canucks could have been up by 5 goals by the halfway point in that game. Just outclassed the Kings in every facet from my vantage point...

Markstrom looked shaky and lacked confidence in his play IMO. Will be interesting to see his next performance.

Reactions: Sneezy

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Boeser coming back from beyond the grave.

Maybe I told you guys this already but... I got a Boeser jersey for my birth, the very next night he had his horrifying back injury.

I bought a Carson Palmer jersey and the next game his knee was blown to bits...

Maybe I should not be allowed to own jerseys?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks dominated this game everywhere but on the scoreboard.....you'd probably have to go back to the halcyon days of 2010-11 to find the last time the Canucks outshot the Kings by a 2-1 margin with more than 40 shots on goal at the Staples Center or whatever the rink was called back then.

Kopitar, Doughty and Carter used to dominate the Canucks on home ice.....but five years is a long time ago in the life of a hockey franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad