Post-Game Talk: GAME #12: VAN 5, LAK 3 | 49 SOG, 4 PPGs, BB6 hat trick, and an 8-3-1 October, hot DAMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
as much as i love this team, the lack of production from Ferland is alarming

i'd like to see the Canucks upgrade Virtanen or Leivo or Pearson for a winger who's more solidified as a top 6 winger...
Kapanen or someone like that. i want a lock for 20 goals and 50 pts and staple him to Horvats wing

Ferland was supposed to be that guy.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017

i'd like to see the Canucks upgrade Virtanen or Leivo or Pearson for a winger who's more solidified as a top 6 winger...
Kapanen or someone like that. i want a lock for 20 goals and 50 pts and staple him to Horvats wing

12 games in and you've given up on him. Nice.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

We are scoring 5 goals a game lately. Who cares if Ferland is scoring lol. He was always a tweener with physicality

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
We are scoring 5 goals a game lately. Who cares if Ferland is scoring lol. He was always a tweener with physicality
yea but when our pp slows down and scoring dries up, it would be nice having a more proven scoring threat on the 2nd line with Bo.

Reactions: Zombotron

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
yea but when our pp slows down and scoring dries up, it would be nice having a more proven scoring threat on the 2nd line with Bo.
That's when I'd move Miller down with Pearson and Horvat. That was a very good line in preseason and at the very beginning of October. Pettersson and Boeser are talented and dynamic enough that they can figure it out on their own if the scoring goes dry.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
That's when I'd move Miller down with Pearson and Horvat. That was a very good line in preseason and at the very beginning of October. Pettersson and Boeser are talented and dynamic enough that they can figure it out on their own if the scoring goes dry.

then who would u put to play alongside petey and boeser? if miller is moved down to the second line? jake?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
How LA was still within 2 goals in the third was astonishing..... fantastic overall 200 ft game for 60 mins. A couple flash against the grain goals and a PPG.

Score didn’t represent the difference in the teams.

Kopitar is still a stud. Carried the whole team on his shoulders and singlehandedly kept them within range.
First time the best player went off against us... Edler - Myers a tough night... but it was forced by a still fantastic player.

On to the next one.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Don't screw with this forward lineup:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen
Ferland - Sutter - Leivo
Schaller - Beagle - whoever

That top 6 not only has great chemistry but each line's underlying numbers have been great. If we need to rotate guys in then tinker with the bottom 6.

This is why I wish they'd just leave Gaudette in Utica. I love the guy, and I'm sure he'll pan out, but there's just no place for him right at this very moment. Plus, it's not like he's too good for the AHL anyway. He's right in that phase in his development where a good whole season playing a big role in the AHL would be perfect.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada

I've been watching Horvat's line closely the last few games and I was really impressed with them tonight. They absolutely dominated the Kings. Virtanen in particular was great along the walls and breaking up passes in the neutral zone, something he's been doing very well this year. He's also passing and keeping possession more consistently. Pearson has been excellent along the boards as well. When this line got cycling they were absolutely dominant.

As for the ice time for Virtanen, Ferland, and Ericsson, none of these guys are on special teams and typically their lines don't get called on for the first shift after special teams as their linemates play quite a bit special teams. In a game like today, that means they get so little ice time.

Reactions: I am toxic

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
then who would u put to play alongside petey and boeser? if miller is moved down to the second line? jake?
Ferland? Leivo? And yes, maybe Virtanen (I've been intrigued for awhile about the idea of playing him on his off wing). Maybe none of those options are ideal but that was the whole point of me saying that Boeser and Pettersson are good enough to figure it out while Miller reinforces the 2nd line.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Do you really want me to post Baertschi and Ferlands point totals side by side from the last two years?
i know what they did in the past but Sven's in Utica and Ferland isn't on pace to match last years production

anyways, i hope someone emerges as a legit top6 winger (in terms of production) for Bo

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
damn captain horvat dropping bombs post game left and right.

Horvat on people saying Pettersson needed to start scoring: "Yeah and then he goes bar down tonight. For all those people saying that, just shoved it right back in their face. It's 82 games for a reason and he's just getting started." #Canucks

that's a bit chirpy. has he been holding back on us until the team can walk the walk?

Reactions: David71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad