GDT: Game 12: Russia Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 3 - 1 RUS

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
4 goals in an exhibition is nice and all but being invisible when it matters is somewhat worrisome.

Turcotte hasn’t done much either on offense but he’s doing everything else correctly.

Would you argue that his performances in the NCAA matter? Because he isn’t having issues there. You’re commenting on a two-three game sample size while arbitrarily deciding to nix a performance in a pre-tournament game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seems like coach is aware of the chemistry and who his most skilled players are. He is just not in a rush to play them together with significant responsibility. It makes sense, they are half way through the round robin. Maybe we should have been more patient to lynch this coach.

Nah, you’re being too logical

Also one of the guys the people were shitting on the coach for playing so much was a guy that was winning key faceoffs late in the game in their own end to preserve the lead after he was playing wing all tourney

Again, it’s almost like the coach wants to win and not pad peoples favorite prospects stats

The tourney is a grind. He’s keeping guys fresh. He’s also making sure there is a level of defensive responsibility with each line. And I also think he makes the necessary adjustments when he needs to create offense or protect a lead. They lost to Canada. It was highly competitive. Shit happens

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Would you argue that his performances in the NCAA matter? Because he isn’t having issues there. You’re commenting on a two-three game sample size while arbitrarily deciding to nix a performance in a pre-tournament game.

He’s playing against the best of the best, unlike in the NCAA.

I know he’s scoring at an insane pace with the Badgers but he’s been MIA in this tournament and despite not doing what he does best, he’s brought absolutely nothing else to his team. If he’s not going to do what earned him a spot on the roster, he needs to bring something else to the table... and he hasn’t... at all.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
He’s playing against the best of the best, unlike in the NCAA.

I know he’s scoring at an insane pace with the Badgers but he’s been MIA in this tournament and despite not doing what he does best, he’s brought absolutely nothing else to his team. If he’s not going to do what earned him a spot on the roster, he needs to bring something else to the table... and he hasn’t... at all.

Have you watched the games? How many passes has he gotten?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So he needs his line mates to do everything for him in order to be effective?

Gimme a break!

That’s one way to interpret what I was saying.

The other one is seeing that he hasn’t been meshing with a couple guys who can’t find him in open ice to save their lives. Drury and Beecher want to cycle.

There have been many situations where he was well placed and didn’t receive passes. He’s a sniper. That’s his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad