GDT: Game 12: Russia Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 3 - 1 RUS

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc12.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
MIFTAKHOV Amir (G)
ISAYEV Danil (G)
ASKAROV Yaroslav (G)

Defensemen:
ZHURAVLYOV Danil (D)
GALENYUK Danila (D)
ZAMULA Yegor (D)
MALYSHEV Anton (D)
PYLENKOV Danil (D)
ROMANOV Alexander (D)

Forwards:
KHOVANOV Alexander (F)
MOROZOV Ivan (F)
MARCHENKO Kirill (F)
VORONKOV Dmitri (F)
PODKOLZIN Vasili (F)
SOKOLOV Yegor (F)
DENISENKO Grigori (F)
SORKIN Maxim (F)
RTISHEV Nikita (F)
ALEXANDROV Nikita (F)
DOROFEYEV Pavel (F)
GROSHEV Maxim (F)

Scratched:

full

USA
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Spencer Knight (G)
Isiah Saville (G)
Dustin Wolff (G)

Defensemen:
Ty Emerson (D)
Jordan Harris (D)
Zac Jones (D)
K'andre Miller (D)
Mattias Samuelson (D)
Spencer Stastney (D)
Cam York (D)

Forwards:
John Beecher (F)
Bobby Brink (F)
Cole Caulfield (F)
Jack Drury (F)
Parker Ford (F)
Curtis Hall(F)
Arthur Kaliyev (F)
Shane Pinto (F)
Jacob Pinvoka (F)
Nick Robertson (F)
Alex Turcotte (F)
Oliver Wahlstrom (F)
Trevor Zegras (F)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If USA plays their best lines they can win if not they will get blown out.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Hard to know what to expect.

If Russia continues to play like they did today, everybody else is playing for silver. That's a tough encore in the 2nd of back-to-back games against a rested, skilled opponent which hasn't found its game, nor fully utilized its offensive firepower, yet. And teenagers aren't exactly known for consistency.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Russia will win this with a normal performance! Usa plays sloppy and take to many bad penalties.
Need up a step or 2, to stand a chance, have a day rest to their advantage though!

5-3 Team Russia!

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Montreal Canadiens fan here hoping to see the US team change its lines 5-on-5. John Beecher and Jack Drury are fine players and certainly the best checkers on that national team, but they should not be played on the first line with Caufield, who has shown zero chemistry with these guys to begin the tourney. Additionally, I'd like to see Caufield being passed-to more and begin scoring goals.

Similarly, talents like Zegras and Turcotte should have more responsability thrust upon them than the small roles they are given right now and be played much more too.

Imversely, I really liked Romanov's game against Canada, the defensive clinic he put up with his partner Zhuravlyov, and would like to see more of the same out of him by shutting down the US team's offense.

I'll go on a limb here and say the US fails to rectify their lines, their PP experiences a few hiccups for the first time this year, and they ultimately lose this game to Russia.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
The thing that separates Russians from everybody else on this tournament so far is not just skill but pace. They play with the pace most of their shifts and manage to keep the opponent on their heels most of the time. Always hard on the puck and, in contrast to past years, have a great passing game. I suspect Larionov has a hand on this particular component which is great. Never was a fan of Bragin's hard nosed, old school turtle style. If they keep the same attitude they had against Canada, US have to watch out.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
The thing that separates Russians from everybody else on this tournament so far is not just skill but pace. They play with the pace most of their shifts and manage to keep the opponent on their heels most of the time. Always hard on the puck and, in contrast to past years, have a great passing game. I suspect Larionov has a hand on this particular component which is great. Never was a fan of Bragin's hard nosed, old school turtle style. If they keep the same attitude they had against Canada, US have to watch out.
It all sounds so great... and yet they lost to the Czechs. Like many junior teams, this Russian club will see its ups and downs. Conversely, the US has been underwhelming and perhaps it’s time for them to show their A game this time. I would expect nothing less from this wacky, topsy-turvy tournament.

Reactions: Czechboy

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
It all sounds so great... and yet they lost to the Czechs. Like many junior teams, this Russian club will see its ups and downs. Conversely, the US has been underwhelming and perhaps it’s time for them to show their A game this time. I would expect nothing less from this wacky, topsy-turvy tournament.
They lost to the Czechs because of the poor goaltending. They were the better team throughout the game.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

they lost to the czechs, who are probably the 6th best team at best

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
They lost to the Czechs because of the poor goaltending. They were the better team throughout the game.

irregardless they are 1-1, just like canada.
to say they have superior skill and everyone else is playing for silver is pretty foolish at this point.

Canada was embarassed once, they wont be again

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
irregardless they are 1-1, just like canada.
to say they have superior skill and everyone else is playing for silver is pretty foolish at this point.

Canada was embarassed once, they wont be again
They have a superior skill but everybody plays for gold. How about that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad