GDT: Game 12 [ Penguins vs Maple Leafs ] November 3 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don't get the love for Oleksiak in some circles around here.

He's a dog. A dog with fewer fleas than Maatta or JMFJ or Poop, I suppose, but outside of that stint with Ian Cole, he's exactly what he was in Dallas . . . and that is NOT a good thing.

We all want to play at a 2016 level ideally, right? Oleksiak, Maatta, Johnson and Ruhwedel would not have even made that healthy team. And the public generally thought our D was bad then.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well, looks like the Isles will take over first in the division and good Lord, BUF with 9 goals (and Sheary with 2 points)...there are some teams that know how to play at home....and then there are the Pens...
We're barely a playoff team right now.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think this is what we will see from this team going on, ups and downs, few games where they try, followed by few dog games, they are too old and our mid level players with fat contracts, not much urgency, just hoping they make play offs and somehow flip the switch

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
THIS is why I refuse to drop major coin to go to a home game.

I’m not spending big money to watch this shit show of an effort.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oh and @KIRK, you can play 1-2-2 all day and it won't be effective if the 1 doesn't move his feet and force the puck carrier to either skate into the trap or pass into it.

That's why I said this is just ass tonight.

BUT, against the Isles, we stretched it out too.

Look, our defense is challenged to move the puck. We have few forecheckers.

I'd be mixing up how we're defending.

For example, HMK would almost always hang back for me, because they're a counter strike line.

Our bottom six? They're slow. The can't attack like it's 2-3 years ago and the bottom six is fast in a slower league.

Sid's line? Sure, depending upon the opponent, you can go.

But, Sully really needs to have a personal come to Jesus moment and recognize/adapt to the team he's got in the league the way it is now, not the team he had 2-3 years ago in what the league was like then.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
THIS is why I refuse to drop major coin to go to a home game.

I’m not spending big money to watch this **** show of an effort.

Even the last few years when they’ve been the best home team?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We all want to play at a 2016 level ideally, right? Oleksiak, Maatta, Johnson and Ruhwedel would not have even made that healthy team. And the public generally thought our D was bad then.

Our D wasn't anything great, but it was a lot more mobile.

As @Mr Jiggyfly keeps noting, we never replaced Daley's ability to rush the puck up ice.

Reactions: Turin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I am afraid of that too. Creed 1 was ****ing great. Hopefully this one is as well. Keep it gritty and realistic. Do not go full Rocky 4.
It will. It's Creed vs Drago pt 2. I mean it's obvious what will happen. You'll have a new version of the "if I can change..." Bullshit with Rocky and Drago Sr making up too.

Like I said. Predictable.

Lol 4-0. 3rd straight loss.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad