GDT: Game 12 [ Penguins vs Maple Leafs ] November 3 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think this is what we will see from this team going on, ups and downs, few games where they try, followed by few dog games, they are too old and our mid level players with fat contracts, not much urgency, just hoping they make play offs and somehow flip the switch

Yeah, flipping a switch is a mirage....what they need is for some adversity, a head to roll, a new strategy somewhere and to take teams by surprise, a couple trades that work...they’re not doing **** playing a speed game anymore...they’re no longer fast and can’t do 2016 over again

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It will. It's Creed vs Drago pt 2. I mean it's obvious what will happen. You'll have a new version of the "if I can change..." Bull**** with Rocky and Drago Sr making up too.

Like I said. Predictable.
I mean, this could be right. But it's kind of silly to preemptively call something predictable assuming that your prediction is going to be right :laugh:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Our D wasn't anything great, but it was a lot more mobile.

As @Mr Jiggyfly keeps noting, we never replaced Daley's ability to rush the puck up ice.

There was nobody brutally stupid (Oleksiak/Johnson) or brutally weak (Ruh). At this point we need to replace Cole and Lovejoys ability to move the puck and take shots. Cole and freaking Lovejoy.

Reactions: KIRK

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's why I said this is just ass tonight.

BUT, against the Isles, we stretched it out too.

Look, our defense is challenged to move the puck. We have few forecheckers.

I'd be mixing up how we're defending.

For example, HMK would almost always hang back for me, because they're a counter strike line.

Our bottom six? They're slow. The can't attack like it's 2-3 years ago and the bottom six is fast in a slower league.

Sid's line? Sure, depending upon the opponent, you can go.

But, Sully really needs to have a personal come to Jesus moment and recognize/adapt to the team he's got in the league the way it is now, not the team he had 2-3 years ago in what the league was like then.

The most important thing is your point about different lines having a different strategy. You have to play to your strenghts.

A guy like Oleksiak should be a good puck mover... instead he tries to skate the puck out too often. Similar story with JJ. He is trying to play like he did in College. This shit doesn't work in the pros. Problem is not personnel, it is not playing to our collective AND individual strenghts. That's on Sully.

Everyone in the NHL plays the same variations. Everyone has a 1-2-2. Everyone has similar breakouts. Everyone has set plays on faceoffs, etc. It is about what you deploy against WHO and with which players.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Don't dump that one in there Oleksiak, weaving through five guys has a higher chance of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->