GDT: Game #12 - Oil Spill @ Blue Jackets (Happy Halloween)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
so, I know he is a rookie. I know he has never played on NA ice before. I know that he hasn't even played in 20 NHL games. but I can confidently say, I expected so much more out of Bemstrom thus far. I literally have saw nothing out of him aside from a 2 game stretch last week where he looked okay. He fumbles the puck more than any other player on the team, including Boone and that's saying something. He gets knocked off the puck easily. and has made entirely lazy backhand passes to the other team more often than not..

there was so much hype for his game coming into this season and that hype has deflated quicker than a water balloon for me.

I know you have so much more to give in this league than what you have so far in your young career.

come on kid, prove me wrong.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If Korpi’s third goal doesn’t happen, and we score one goal on the 5 on 3 (or just one of these two situations happen) it’s an entirely new game and we could have come back. But alas, opportunities missed.
Sounds like the title of the 2019-2020 Season in Review video: Opportunities Lost.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
so, I know he is a rookie. I know he has never played on NA ice before. I know that he hasn't even played in 20 NHL games. but I can confidently say, I expected so much more out of Bemstrom thus far. I literally have saw nothing out of him aside from a 2 game stretch last week where he looked okay. there was so much hype for his game coming into this season and that hype has deflated quicker than a water balloon for me.

I know you have so much more to give in this league than what you have so far in your young career.

come on kid, prove me wrong.
Agreed

I still have high hopes for him though

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Down 4-1 and Milano gets 11 minutes ice time , bjorkstrand 12. The positive .... 1 game closer to Torts getting canned , and this multi year wasting of skilled wingers can end

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What a shitshow. Anyone else catch Foligno's pass hitting Atkinson in the upper back/neck, with about a minute left? A little bit inaccurate.

That kind of night.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He looks alright but will say he needs to work on keeping pucks in his glove. Has swatted several pucks. Better rebound control will come with time. Positioning looks ok
FWIW I feel Korpisalo has let out too many rebounds over the last couple of weeks.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Back to the telling people how to fan type of GDTs I see..

The good ole times.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Only saw last 10 minutes of 1st and first 5 minutes of 2nd before boarding a plane.....decided to watch more wasn’t worth the $8 for internet service. Ugly

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Other than the facts that the team can't score near enough goals and they allow too many, I'm pretty confident that this is a playoff team. 12 games. 2 regulation wins. All wins by one goal. 26th in goals differential. Goaltending in bottom third of the league. 5th lowest goals scored per game in the league.

Wennberg averaging 18 minutes TOI. The leading CBJ points scorer is tied for 119th in the NHL.

Yes, it's going to be a long season.

Last edited:
Reactions: JacketsDavid

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Don't understand AT ALL how the 3rd goal wasn't (at least) challenged.

There has been much less goalie contact that has had less impact on goals called back in the past MANY times.

The dude kicked a deflected puck through Korpisalo's 5 hole, as he makes CLEAR contact with Korpisalo, while he's in the crease. NO? What causes the puck to go through Korpisalo like that, and is he given full ability to make a save there? From the camera angle from the side you can see the puck and Korpisalo's entire body have the same momentum from being thrown towards the net by Kharia.

It doesn't matter what might have happened if Korpisalo didn't get bumped there.... he got bumped.

Korpisalo should absolutely start next game. Dubois and Bjorkstrand should be on the same line.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Don't understand AT ALL how the 3rd goal wasn't (at least) challenged.

There has been much less goalie contact that has had less impact on goals called back in the past MANY times.

The dude kicked a deflected puck through Korpisalo's 5 hole, as he makes CLEAR contact with Korpisalo, while he's in the crease. NO? What causes the puck to go through Korpisalo like that, and is he given full ability to make a save there? From the camera angle from the side you can see the puck and Korpisalo's entire body have the same momentum from being thrown towards the net by Kharia.

It doesn't matter what might have happened if Korpisalo didn't get bumped there.... he got bumped.

Korpisalo should absolutely start next game. Dubois and Bjorkstrand should be on the same line.

I wish I had as much optimism at life as you have in Joonas Korpisalo.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Other than the facts that the team can't score near enough goals and they allow too many, I'm pretty confident that this is a playoff team. 12 games. 2 regulation wins. All wins by one goal. 26th in goals differential. Goaltending in bottom third of the league. 5th lowest goals scored per game in the league.

Wennberg averaging 18 minutes TOI. The leading CBJ points scorer is tied for 119th in the NHL.

Yes, it's going to be a long season.
Jackets I fear are headed back to hockey purgatory. Not good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to draft a difference maker. If a team is looking to trade for a third liner, we've got a boatload of them.

Last edited:

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I stopped watching after Werenski's goal so I don't know how the rest of the game went. I thought everyone looked good and it was a tight game. Until the refs started to call weak penalties in the first; PLD barely touched the defensemen who tried an impossible turn (which I might add, would've lead to a breakaway for PLD) on the first GA, and Milano (MILANO!) knocking the stick out of a guys hands! ... IKR they have to call those, IDFC! It's some bullshit weak ass calls against a team that is built around defense and giving a team built around offensive the advantage.

I do think the special teams (PP&PK) are allowing refs to influence the outcome of games like last night. And it will likely continue to be all season if something doesn't change.

Now for coffee...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2