Game #12 : Kings vs. Oilers - 10/27/13 - Shootout Win! 2-1

Captain Mittens*

Someone who should be in our lineup.

Yeah, I went there.

boom.jpg

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
BTW, who is that chick in your avatar?[/QUOTE]

Just in case he doesn't see this, it's Allison Brie, from Community/Madmen.

Last edited:

Ron*

ESPN Power Rankings comments for the Kings today (simply): "I demand that the Kings wear those purple and gold vintage uniforms forever."

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
This was the easiest game the Kings have played in all season. The Oilers did their best to slow us down but we dictated 5-on-5 play from start to finish. Edmonton had maybe two good, even strength shifts all night. That team is an absolute mess.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 34m

LAK's Kyle Clifford fined $2756.41 for his kneeing incident on EDM's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Sunday in L.A. One-half of one day's pay.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
San Jose is going to absolutely torch this team. If we were still in the shootout-less NHL era, the Kings would be 4-4-4 and tied with the Flames in the basement of the division.

It doesn't matter where we would be pre shootout because we are not pre shootout.
And the team as a whole is not playing bad. Our biggest issue is the shooting %. We are at 7.93% and the league average is 8.91%. And it might not sound like much but if we were even able to get to the average it would add 4 goals. And once again it doesn't sound like much but it would be an increase of 12.9% in scoring. And if we manage to get our % to where San Jose is at we would have scored over 40 goals already. Which would be an increase of 29%.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
You tell me. You are the one touting the "the coach's/DL didn't think those kids were good enough, that's why they were sent back to Manchester" in the recall thread, obviously those same decision makers think something could be improved now that we are hearing that more than likely Pearson will be brought back.

My argument is still that we are too weak on the left side and on the 3rd line, changes could be made to try and fix that. I do know that we can't keep getting absolutely zero offensive production from the 3rd line like we have been for a long time now

Ummm, we've been listening to this 'roster move is imminent' stuff for what now? Three days? Four days? When EVER have you seen a team float out that they are making a roster move and wait that long (and presumably longer since it hasn't happened yet) to actually do it? If it's a recall like you want, then they'd have just recalled the guy(s) already. If it's not a recall but a trade, then it doesn't apply to what you are wanting anyways in all likelihood.

My theory is it's just a means to jumpstart some guys. Seems like it's worked the way we've played recently. We deserved to win last night 4-1, easily.

It was great!!! Everything I hoped for!!! Only downside was getting the cheese sauce out of my beard from the stacked grilled cheese burger...

Oh right post game thread.... Kings got 2 points!!! Seriously... 48 shots 1 goal, (1 goalie interference), beat the crap out of the Oilers physically... and shoot out win... FFS!!!!

Kingsfan going on about where's the doom and gloom'rs!!!! Well it's great getting 2 points and not losing in the last few mins, (Flames)... Dominating teams and letting them hang around isn't going to go well in the playoffs.... Kings need to be putting teams away. 48 shots and 1 goal... Maybe we should bring some kids up with some better shots?(Fraser,Lewis,Stoll,Clifford,Nolan,Carcillo) I know TT can't find the back of the net in the NHL (sarcasm)... Kings did just put up 7 against Mike Smith, but D.King isn't getting a hat trick every night.

Just hope we are 1 game closer to one or more of the kids coming up. Wait Fraser's got like 4min a game last 2 games.... If the Kings aren't going to have 4th line that they put on the ice for any amount of time why not just run Pearson/Vey/TT for 4 mins a game? Seriously... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah, let's recall our kids so they can get 4 minutes a game. That's brilliant development.

Fraser and Nolan getting three and a half minutes against one of the worst teams in the NHL is pretty telling. We are basically icing one line that can't score and one line that can't get on the ice

Serious question here, but did Nolan return after that fight? I honestly didn't see him out there but my feed was getting very choppy.

LAK's Kyle Clifford fined $2756.41 for his kneeing incident on EDM's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Sunday in L.A. One-half of one day's pay.

So if you assume a eight-hour day, that's four hours at $700 per hour.

Insane.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Not really surprised. It was a reckless play but not the kind of 5+ game suspension people keep trying to build it up to be.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
BTW, who is that chick in your avatar?

Just in case he doesn't see this, it's Allison Brie, from Community/Madmen.

Thanks - might have to add her to the 'Hall Pass' list to give to my fiancee.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
ESPN Power Rankings comments for the Kings today (simply): "I demand that the Kings wear those purple and gold vintage uniforms forever."

I really like the purple jerseys, but damnit, why not be greedy: I grew up with the Gold w/ purple trim for home games. The only time I've seen the Kings wear the purple has been over the last few years at Staples.

I'd like to see them wear the gold jerseys sometime (obviously with the gold pants).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'm just surprised Spector didn't talk about how boring that knee was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad