Game #12 : Kings vs. Oilers - 10/27/13 - Shootout Win! 2-1

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
You know OD has only been on the job for 12 games, but he's a natural as a hockey analyst . He's a smart dude.
Well, when he was playing for the Kings, announcers would usually turn to him for his insight on what was going on and what should happen. His voice and knowledge have always been tops.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
San Jose is going to absolutely torch this team. If we were still in the shootout-less NHL era, the Kings would be 4-4-4 and tied with the Flames in the basement of the division.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
San Jose is going to absolutely torch this team. If we were still in the shootout-less NHL era, the Kings would be 4-4-4 and tied with the Flames in the basement of the division.

That's more like it!

Blow it all up! Let's start over!

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was getting worried I was on the wrong board for a min.

:laugh: I was just about to make a post about how weak the PGT's are after we win and all the sky is falling crowd hides.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I just realized that Jeff Carter has played 76 regular season games for the Kings, and has scored 37 goals and has 51 points thus far in his Kings regular season career. If we were to pro-rate that right now, he would be on pace for exactly 40 goals.

It is mind boggling to me that he has actually maintained a 40 goal per 82 game pace throughout his time here, under our system, and without a second line left wing... It's been a long long time since we've have a goal scorer of that caliber. Just amazing.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: I was just about to make a post about how weak the PGT's are after we win and all the sky is falling crowd hides.

:laugh:

I mean, pretty much everything went well. Here, I'll be critical: I think we played too cute with the puck sometimes, took a few dumb penalties, and didn't look terrific on special teams. But everything else? Wonderful.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
:laugh:

I mean, pretty much everything went well. Here, I'll be critical: I think we played too cute with the puck sometimes, took a few dumb penalties, and didn't look terrific on special teams. But everything else? Wonderful.

Exactly. We played well, weren't terrific, but we were solid. Didn't give up to many real scoring chances outside of Yakupov's goal, limited their chances to almost nil, and generated a fair amount of turnovers. If not for Bachman, we'd have won 4-1 easy.

And this is way you have only 40 posts in the PGT, and not 400 about how we need to trade Kopitar for picks and recall half of Manchester.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I understand the frustration of not scoring more, but the kings dominated this game. Even in OT the oilers were forced to dump the puck in, which should not happen when 4 on 4.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Exactly. We played well, weren't terrific, but we were solid. Didn't give up to many real scoring chances outside of Yakupov's goal, limited their chances to almost nil, and generated a fair amount of turnovers. If not for Bachman, we'd have won 4-1 easy.

And this is way you have only 40 posts in the PGT, and not 400 about how we need to trade Kopitar for picks and recall half of Manchester.

The polar opposite hyperbole is just as bad. One guy was saying dumb stuff about trading Kopi, and many are still proponents of bringing-up one or two kids from Manchester, which I totally agree with.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

K. Don't watch the game then. This way if they don't get torched you can save face.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

11keb91.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I understand the frustration of not scoring more, but the kings dominated this game. Even in OT the oilers were forced to dump the puck in, which should not happen when 4 on 4.

Especially from a team like the Oilers. I was scared to go 4-on-4 with them...lots of open ice and skill and we were still mercilessly pounding them.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Polar opposite hyperbole is just as bad. One guy was saying dumb stuff about trading Kopi, and many are still proponents of bringing-up one or two kids from Manchester, which I totally agree with.

And theya re going to do what exactly? We have been playing better and better as the season has gone on and are coming off a very good game while running our record to 8-4. Why make changes right now?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Especially from a team like the Oilers. I was scared to go 4-on-4 with them...lots of open ice and skill and we were still mercilessly pounding them.

Probably why RR was out there 4 on 4. He's the slowest Dman, yet he was an intimidating enough presence all game that Sutter felt he'd pair him up with Doughty during OT.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

They couldn't torch Dallas. Even though we torched Dallas. Who knows until you play the game. The Kings, while having a knack at making games hard on themselves, also make games hard on their opponents. We like to even the playing field and slow the game down to our tempo. San Jose is on fire, but we've been around the block, have handled them before, and can surprise you.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad