GDT: Game #12 Jets @ Calgary 9pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Game starts at 11 for me. These late night games living in Halifax is not good for my sleep, throw in a newborn and 3 other kids and I'm a walking dumpster fire. but I'm STOKED to watch PLD tonight, and plan to go in late tomorrow. The PLD highlight video I watched today had him scoring 3 goals on Calgary. Coincidence? I think not

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

ANDREW COPP

Rating: 72.5#60 LW

MARK SCHEIFELE

Rating: 76.8#19 C

NIKOLAJ EHLERS

Rating: 75.7#20 RW
FL1 Rating
Rating: 75.03#15 FL1

KRISTIAN VESALAINEN

PAUL STASTNY

Rating: 74.8#36 C

BLAKE WHEELER

Rating: 76.3#22 RW
FL2 Rating
Rating: 74.80#10 FL2

KYLE CONNOR

Rating: 79.5#5 LW

PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS

Rating: 74.6#38 C

TREVOR LEWIS

Rating: 70.1#114 RW
FL3 Rating
Rating: 74.75#1 FL3

MATHIEU PERREAULT

Rating: 71.1#96 LW

ADAM LOWRY

Rating: 69.2#149 C

MASON APPLETON

Rating: 69.5#123 RW
FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.95#24 FL4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
t_lewis.jpg

www.bucshockey.com
Trevor Lewis

HOMETOWN:
SALT LAKE CITY UTAH
TEAM:
LOS ANGELES KINGS
CURRENTLY PLAYING IN:
PRO
BIRTHDAY:
1987-01-08
POSITION:
C
ELIGIBLE FOR DRAFT:
SHOOTS:
RIGHT
DRAFTED:HEIGHT:
6-1
ACQUIRED:
FIRST ROUND (17TH OVERALL), 2006
WEIGHT:
192 LBS.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
<<<<<<< Updated upstream
=======
>>>>>>> Stashed changes
About Prospect Talent Score and Probability of Success»
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS

• C
History

2004-05: Drafted by the Cedar Rapids Roughriders in the 2004 USHL Entry Draft, but was cut by the team in tryouts. Played for the Des Moines Buccaneers and scored 10 goals and 12 assists in 52 games, eighth in Buccaneers scoring.
2005-06: After a summer of hard work in the gym, Lewis returned stronger. He finished second in USHL scoring with 35 goals and 40 assists in 56 games. Lewis led the league in shots with 236, was second in power play goals (13), shorthanded goals (6), and game-winning goals (7), and fourth in plus/minus with a +25 rating. In so doing, Lewis was named the USHL Player of the Year, the USHL Forward of the Year, and a member of the All-USHL First Team. The USHL also named Lewis the recipient of the Curt Hammer Award, given to the USHL player who best combines character on and off the ice as well as skill. Along the way, Lewis played for Team USA at the Viking Cup in Camrose, Alberta, and scored 3 goals and 5 assists in 6 games, as Team USA won the bronze. Lewis also played for Team East at the USHL Prospects/All-Star Game. Lewis finished second in the Fastest Skater competition with a lap of 14.84.

2006-07: Lewis enjoyed an impressive season with Owen Sound of the OHL. He would finish fifth in the league among rookie scorers with 73 points in 62 games and a pair of assists in the All-star Classic. At the conclusion of the Owen Sound season, Lewis moved his game to the professional ranks and joined Manchester towards the end of their season. Lewis immediately impressed with four goals and six points in eight games but was used sparingly during the playoffs.
2007-08: Lewis did not show the offensive numbers in Manchester that had been hoped for from someone with as much skill as him. He skated as the center on the second line for most of the season. His skating skills, both straight-line speed and maneuverability, were more than noticeable this season, but he struggled to find the back of the net, having scored only 12 goals in a full season.
2008-09: Unable to find the back of the net during the 2007-08 season despite demonstrating top skating ability, Lewis turned the page and came into his own this season. He increased his point total with Manchester from 28 to 51 and got his first taste of the NHL, scoring his first career goal and two assists in six games.
Read HF’s interview with Trevor Lewis.
2009-10: Lewis battled injuries during the season, posting 5 goals and 2 assists in 23 games for the Mancester Monarchs and also making 5 appearances for the Kings in the NHL. In the Monarchs playoff run he posted 5 goals and 4 assists in 16 games.
Talent Analysis

The biggest strength of Lewis’ game is his speed. Lewis has excellent top speed, but he also has good agility and acceleration. Also making Lewis dangerous offensively is his offensive awareness. Lewis does a good job of utilizing teammates and finding the open man. When shooting the puck himself, Lewis has a hard and accurate shot.
Like most top centers, Lewis is reliable defensively and was a regular on the Des Moines penalty kill in 2005-06. His speed, defensive awareness, and hustle make him an excellent penalty killer who can even create offense shorthanded. At 6’1, 192 pounds, Lewis has the size and speed to make good hits on the forecheck. He doesn’t hunt for hits, but he finishes his checks.
Future

Long term, Lewis could become a second line NHL forward, but the odds may be more likely that he becomes a third line forward who uses his speed on the forecheck but has the skill to contribute offensively and fill in on higher lines if needed. Even if regulated to third line duty, Lewis is talented enough to be one of the best third line forwards in all of the NHL.

So if Lewis is the most talented 3rd liner in the NHL and now has Kyle Connor and Pierre-Luc Dubois on his line no wonder this line is the #1 ranked 3rd line in the NHL on dailyfaceoff , This is going to be awesome to watch tonight! Go Jets Go!!
Thank you for this.
D5DCAFC2-9B68-47B1-B560-5149E448869D.jpeg

I’ll definitely be utilizing Daily FaceOff for GDT’s from now on. I’ve updated the lineups now and will adjust again if further changes are announced.

Edit: Today’s Officials have been released by scouting the refs.com so I’ve added it to the OP #4 for those interested.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Game starts at 11 for me. These late night games living in Halifax is not good for my sleep, throw in a newborn and 3 other kids and I'm a walking dumpster fire. but I'm STOKED to watch PLD tonight, and plan to go in late tomorrow. The PLD highlight video I watched today had him scoring 3 goals on Calgary. Coincidence? I think not
At least it's not 11:30 newfoundland time

I still shake my head at that one (I grew up in Charlottetown)

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
At least it's not 11:30 newfoundland time

I still shake my head at that one (I grew up in Charlottetown)
True, NFLD time is as goofy as their accents. I'm from Winnipeg and my Jets allegiance has never waivered, even during the non-team years. Hope to one day experience the white out in person. Have only recently(ish) got to finally see the Jets play in person at MSG and Barclays

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
True, NFLD time is as goofy as their accents. I'm from Winnipeg and my Jets allegiance has never waivered, even during the non-team years. Hope to one day experience the white out in person. Have only recently(ish) got to finally see the Jets play in person at MSG and Barclays
you know that they didn't choose their accents, right?
and nothing "goofy" about it. Newfoundlanders are some of the best and best sounding Canadians. especially when you get mind f***ed by visiting towns along the Irish Loop. that's just nuts to hear.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
you know that they didn't choose their accents, right?
and nothing "goofy" about it. Newfoundlanders are some of the best and best sounding Canadians. especially when you get mind f***ed by visiting towns along the Irish Loop. that's just nuts to hear.
Dude.. I live in Atlantic Canada going on 20 years now. Nova Scotian's accents, especially Cape Breton's are vastly similar to Newfy's - hell I even have an accent now according to family and friends in WPG, and love it. Getting drunk with a Newfoundlander is an amazing time. Chill lol

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

I feel for you and your sleep.

OTOH, one more bairn and you can field a full Jerts PP/EN lineup, especially if they’re prepared to play with a little grit.

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
When they put lines like that, Wheeler might think he is playing in the 2nd line. :sarcasm: I won't be surprised if PoMo does some gentle blending and we see Connor with Stastny and Wheeler and Vesalainen with PLD and Lewis. It will be PLD's first game after a while plus a new team and system.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
the guy who made the thread for calgarypuck for todays game has been harping on and on about Winnipeg mostly playing home games. Like, the f***? What does home and away have to do with anything during COVID and no fans? Guys a total clown, a long history of terrible Jets takes cuz of his massive hard on for the Jets.

There are other advantages to being at home. Travelling and living out of a hotel room takes its toll. Coach gets last line change, the bench is closer to the D zone for 2 periods for making quick changes. I don't think having the fans cheering you on makes that much difference. Look at how often the Leafs lose when they play here. :sarcasm:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Dude.. I live in Atlantic Canada going on 20 years now. Nova Scotian's accents, especially Cape Breton's are vastly similar to Newfy's - hell I even have an accent now according to family and friends in WPG, and love it. Getting drunk with a Newfoundlander is an amazing time. Chill lol
I think people who haven't lived in the maritimes can't appreciate the good natured ribbing that goes on with newfies. Theres nothing malicious about it, although I'm sure some non-newfie will find it offensive on behalf of newfoundlanders.

I still remember the time I told a newfie joke in front of a newfoundlander. He answered with "what's black and blue and floats in St John's Harbour? - an islander who told one too many newfie jokes"

We all laughed

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I am really surprised one of those Stanley shots from the point have not gone in yet. I think over time it will happen more often. He's such a big guy and puts so much into it. Can't see how that dynamite doesn't go off at some point.
It hasn't gone off at any level that he's played at yet, not sure why people are expecting it to happen now at the highest level in the world.

Reactions: WolfHouse

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach availability:

Topics:

1. What will he be looking for in Pierre-Luc Dubois game?
2. What has stood out about the mini series vs Flames?
3. Is he paying attention as much to any of the other 3 divisions?
4. What impact does a new player have on the rest of the team?
5. Coaching younger players.
6. The opportunity for Kristian Vesalainen.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Well I don't think people are suggesting 10 - 15 goals or anything.
But he could get one or two...
At least 2 people have talked about having him on the powerplay. Just seems strange that people are expecting him to suddenly be able to do something in the best league in the world that he has never done at lower levels. Not the easiest place to learn those things. I'm not trying to be a naysayer or anything just that it's not realistic.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
At least 2 people have talked about having him on the powerplay. Just seems strange that people are expecting him to suddenly be able to do something in the best league in the world that he has never done at lower levels. Not the easiest place to learn those things.

Doesn't make much sense.
I mean if we were up 4 or 5 goals in the 3rd and got a late PP you could try it just to see but I agree he's unlikely to blossom into a PP monster if he doesn't already have years of that under his belt.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I am really surprised one of those Stanley shots from the point have not gone in yet. I think over time it will happen more often. He's such a big guy and puts so much into it. Can't see how that dynamite doesn't go off at some point.
because he takes, what, 1-2 shots a game? he also shoots high most of the time. not bad if he shoots along the ice to give a rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad