GDT: Game #12 Jets @ Calgary 9pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Looking forward to seeing the new lines (the practice ones, not the ones in this thread), and seeing if they can get some chemistry and be able to roll them to get some great matchups.

Really want to see PLD, but with the quarantine, and a new team, I'm just hoping to see him start to get comfortable with his linemates. If they have some success, all the better.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I will accept nothing less than a hat trick and/or 5 total points from the one they call PLD. One fleur-de-lis for each goal.
150px-Arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_France_%28Moderne%29.svg.png
Not to be “that” guy
Buts there’s actually 7
3 on crest
3 full on crown with 2 x1/2 view :sarcasm:
So he needs an even bigger debut :laugh::thumbu:

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City

ANDREW COPP

Rating: 72.5#60 LW

MARK SCHEIFELE

Rating: 76.8#19 C

NIKOLAJ EHLERS

Rating: 75.7#20 RW
FL1 Rating
Rating: 75.03#15 FL1

KRISTIAN VESALAINEN

PAUL STASTNY

Rating: 74.8#36 C

BLAKE WHEELER

Rating: 76.3#22 RW
FL2 Rating
Rating: 74.80#10 FL2

KYLE CONNOR

Rating: 79.5#5 LW

PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS

Rating: 74.6#38 C

TREVOR LEWIS

Rating: 70.1#114 RW
FL3 Rating
Rating: 74.75#1 FL3

MATHIEU PERREAULT

Rating: 71.1#96 LW

ADAM LOWRY

Rating: 69.2#149 C

MASON APPLETON

Rating: 69.5#123 RW
FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.95#24 FL4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
t_lewis.jpg

www.bucshockey.com
Trevor Lewis

HOMETOWN:
SALT LAKE CITY UTAH
TEAM:
LOS ANGELES KINGS
CURRENTLY PLAYING IN:
PRO
BIRTHDAY:
1987-01-08
POSITION:
C
ELIGIBLE FOR DRAFT:
SHOOTS:
RIGHT
DRAFTED:HEIGHT:
6-1
ACQUIRED:
FIRST ROUND (17TH OVERALL), 2006
WEIGHT:
192 LBS.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
<<<<<<< Updated upstream
=======
>>>>>>> Stashed changes
About Prospect Talent Score and Probability of Success»
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS

• C
History

2004-05: Drafted by the Cedar Rapids Roughriders in the 2004 USHL Entry Draft, but was cut by the team in tryouts. Played for the Des Moines Buccaneers and scored 10 goals and 12 assists in 52 games, eighth in Buccaneers scoring.
2005-06: After a summer of hard work in the gym, Lewis returned stronger. He finished second in USHL scoring with 35 goals and 40 assists in 56 games. Lewis led the league in shots with 236, was second in power play goals (13), shorthanded goals (6), and game-winning goals (7), and fourth in plus/minus with a +25 rating. In so doing, Lewis was named the USHL Player of the Year, the USHL Forward of the Year, and a member of the All-USHL First Team. The USHL also named Lewis the recipient of the Curt Hammer Award, given to the USHL player who best combines character on and off the ice as well as skill. Along the way, Lewis played for Team USA at the Viking Cup in Camrose, Alberta, and scored 3 goals and 5 assists in 6 games, as Team USA won the bronze. Lewis also played for Team East at the USHL Prospects/All-Star Game. Lewis finished second in the Fastest Skater competition with a lap of 14.84.

2006-07: Lewis enjoyed an impressive season with Owen Sound of the OHL. He would finish fifth in the league among rookie scorers with 73 points in 62 games and a pair of assists in the All-star Classic. At the conclusion of the Owen Sound season, Lewis moved his game to the professional ranks and joined Manchester towards the end of their season. Lewis immediately impressed with four goals and six points in eight games but was used sparingly during the playoffs.
2007-08: Lewis did not show the offensive numbers in Manchester that had been hoped for from someone with as much skill as him. He skated as the center on the second line for most of the season. His skating skills, both straight-line speed and maneuverability, were more than noticeable this season, but he struggled to find the back of the net, having scored only 12 goals in a full season.
2008-09: Unable to find the back of the net during the 2007-08 season despite demonstrating top skating ability, Lewis turned the page and came into his own this season. He increased his point total with Manchester from 28 to 51 and got his first taste of the NHL, scoring his first career goal and two assists in six games.
Read HF’s interview with Trevor Lewis.
2009-10: Lewis battled injuries during the season, posting 5 goals and 2 assists in 23 games for the Mancester Monarchs and also making 5 appearances for the Kings in the NHL. In the Monarchs playoff run he posted 5 goals and 4 assists in 16 games.
Talent Analysis

The biggest strength of Lewis’ game is his speed. Lewis has excellent top speed, but he also has good agility and acceleration. Also making Lewis dangerous offensively is his offensive awareness. Lewis does a good job of utilizing teammates and finding the open man. When shooting the puck himself, Lewis has a hard and accurate shot.
Like most top centers, Lewis is reliable defensively and was a regular on the Des Moines penalty kill in 2005-06. His speed, defensive awareness, and hustle make him an excellent penalty killer who can even create offense shorthanded. At 6’1, 192 pounds, Lewis has the size and speed to make good hits on the forecheck. He doesn’t hunt for hits, but he finishes his checks.
Future

Long term, Lewis could become a second line NHL forward, but the odds may be more likely that he becomes a third line forward who uses his speed on the forecheck but has the skill to contribute offensively and fill in on higher lines if needed. Even if regulated to third line duty, Lewis is talented enough to be one of the best third line forwards in all of the NHL.

So if Lewis is the most talented 3rd liner in the NHL and now has Kyle Connor and Pierre-Luc Dubois on his line no wonder this line is the #1 ranked 3rd line in the NHL on dailyfaceoff , This is going to be awesome to watch tonight! Go Jets Go!!

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
the guy who made the thread for calgarypuck for todays game has been harping on and on about Winnipeg mostly playing home games. Like, the f***? What does home and away have to do with anything during COVID and no fans? Guys a total clown, a long history of terrible Jets takes cuz of his massive hard on for the Jets.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Always stoked for game day, even more pumped for PLD debut (although my expectations are tempered).

After reading through this GDT, although seemingly ordinary, I'm super f***in' excited for the game. Only 9.75 hours left!!
Same. I’m always pumped for a game day but this one even more.

I’ve tempered my expectations of PLD because of the layoff and actually the team from 4 days off, but if the lines remain the same from practice, I’m really really looking forward to seeing if any early chemistry forms.

Also will be watching if Vesalainen can take a step forward.

9 more hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad