Post-Game Talk: Game 12 : Flyers @ Caps : 12pm ET

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Will give him something of a benefit of the doubt since he’s still finding his feet after being held out so long, but Orlov needs to play better. As things stand I’m not even sure he’s in the top-4 when healthy, nor that he’s doing much more than Siegenthaler. At best he’s unnoticeable, at worst he’s turning the puck over and getting scored on. And he’s the one guy I don’t see a good right-handed partner for, unless he plays 3rd pair minutes with Jensen.
The problem is not Orlov. We know, he can play big dominant minutes against best opponents players in playoff hockey. The problem is Carlson. He is awful against best players. He has to be protected to play well. Orlov-Carlson pair cannot work, John is too soft. Carlson has to move down to his comfort zone, playing vs bottom 6 oppnent guys.

Reactions: Pomee

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I hope some of you are now seeing my point about goalie coach Scott Murray. I don't know what he works on with the goalies, but they certainly don't look prepared enough from his coaching. It just seems to me Scott Murray is a placeholder goalie coach. Hell, I say fire him and bring back Kolzig!

Reactions: TheLegendOfPatPeake

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Please stop giving Zdeno Chara more ES ice time than Dillon and Orlov. Give him the Orpik treatment: third pair with yuge PK minutes and lead protecting down the stretch. But not first pairing minutes.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Please stop giving Zdeno Chara more ES ice time than Dillon and Orlov. Give him the Orpik treatment: third pair with yuge PK minutes and lead protecting down the stretch. But not first pairing minutes.
Dillon was skating great today. Joining the rush and still getting back for the counterattack. I liked his game. I thought maillet was good too, albeit in limited TOI

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
We missed two things today. Timely saves and especially timely goals. Its easy to blame goalies tonight with the low shots against rate, but thats only half of the story. We were rolling and had all the chances to put them down. We didnt, and they were absurdly efficient on their chances.

Losing sucks, but atleast we are still on the better half of the table while going through some heavy adversities to start the season. It might also be the kind of ”getting through the adversities to win it all” story. But we do need to get back to our winning ways, before we end up playing catch for the playoff spot. Its a short season. 3 game losing streak is not ”nothing”.

Reactions: Pomee and Calicaps

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
The problem is not Orlov. We know, he can play big dominant minutes against best opponents players in playoff hockey. The problem is Carlson. He is awful against best players. He has to be protected to play well. Orlov-Carlson pair cannot work, John is too soft. Carlson has to move down to his comfort zone, playing vs bottom 6 oppnent guys.

We know Orlov can do that when paired with 2016-era Niskanen. He was inconsistent at best with Jensen, and has been a tire fire in that role with Carlson.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Hi, everyone! I hadn't time to see the game yet. How was our Vanachek guy? Was he more like a dominant NHL G like Samsonov will be at his 25 or was he more like a complete ECHL joke charlatan?

^^^^Hey look, it's the troll patrol.

8a49376431a683db3013208762f51b54.jpg

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
We missed two things today. Timely saves and especially timely goals. Its easy to blame goalies tonight with the low shots against rate, but thats only half of the story. We were rolling and had all the chances to put them down. We didnt, and they were absurdly efficient on their chances.

Losing sucks, but atleast we are still on the better half of the table while going through some heavy adversities to start the season. It might also be the kind of ”getting through the adversities to win it all” story. But we do need to get back to our winning ways, before we end up playing catch for the playoff spot. Its a short season. 3 game losing streak is not ”nothing”.

Absolutely and it's best to happen now with people out early on. The most discouraging thing about the loss for me is the Flyers didn't play great, however made their shots count. Then add in the fact it's a hated rival. So far the Caps with key players out are mediocre against playoff teams and we started the season with a lot of games against Buffalo. At full health I expect them to be elite.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Even with Schultz back, Caps still need a goalie!

Specifically, we need a good tandem. We have one half of one, but he’s seriously overworked. When was the last time a guy started 10 of the first 12 games, with an increasingly depleted lineup in front of him, in such a condensed schedule as a rookie? Vanecek isn’t the problem. Not having an established or proven NHL goaltender for the other half of your tandem - that’s where the problem is. Even once Samsonov comes back - which could realistically be six weeks into the season - we’ve no reason right now to think he’ll play well.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I hope some of you are now seeing my point about goalie coach Scott Murray. I don't know what he works on with the goalies, but they certainly don't look prepared enough from his coaching. It just seems to me Scott Murray is a placeholder goalie coach. Hell, I say fire him and bring back Kolzig!

lol!!!!

no....I see a limited talent/no experience guy being forced to play more than he should....

Seriously unless you’re in practice or have insider information, how can you in reality evaluate a position coach? By the results from an AHL starter/inexperienced NHL backup?

I’d love to buy into the agenda you’re pushing....but I feel like the goalies are what they are.

convince me you have more than your amateur goalie resume and Vanny’s NHL resume so far....have you been in practices or seen him coach?

Is it Murray’s fault Holtby is aging and regressing? Is it his fault Sammy had an ATV accident that derailed the team and his career at least short term, that Sammy additionally got this damn virus to further derail things?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Wasn’t able to watch, we had a 2 goal lead and lost? Bruh, that is becoming way to common, at least Ovi scored a few. I feel like we will never see this team fully healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad