Post-Game Talk: Game 12 : Flyers @ Caps : 12pm ET

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
We have the rookie of the Month for January. Let's not give up on him yet.
I don’t think it’s giving up on VV as it is realizing we have no idea when Sammy will be back and in a shortened season, losing points early on can really put you in a hole. I want to give Anderson another chance but..he sure didn’t make a good first impression.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
This is the same team as last year with worse goaltending. No bueno.
Better depth when healthy and more of a coherent identity. Right now aside from goaltending and injuries the biggest issue is the state of 74/9. I would have hoped McCarthy would have immediately made a difference but thus far it's not apparent.

It's pretty disappointing after last season that the deserved criticism which cost Carlson the Norris has only become more pronounced. Who knows when or if he'll clue into the dedication needed to take home that hardware. He's still a point per game D. He's good for fourth among D in scoring. But the -8 is ugly and he needs to own that. On his game maybe gets over the hump for that award but it looks more likely he'll never truly emerge into that level of dominance. If nothing else I do actually like putting Chara with him 5-on-5 because it turn out to be a strategic partnership off the ice just as much as on it.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Losing a game like that after a world class performance by the captain is outrageous, and injuries are not an excuse.

We’ve been standing around in our own end, puck watching all the time. Laviolette needs to coach them to anticipate and break up plays in the high slot, too often guys are left all alone ther.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well since Vanacek hasn't had medical issues, I'm thinking he means Lundqvist and Sammie.

Fine then. Who thought Lundqvist was ready to carry the load? I thought we were talking about who they started the season with. I dont recall seeing a lot of whining and moaning over going with the 2 kids but maybe that was just me.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Boat Anchor
He needs to be scratched. I don't care if he's doing so and so, this and that. He's being paid $2.725 million to give us 3rd line scoring production, yet he's not doing it. I don't even see from him an urgency to generate scoring chances. When was the last time he had a meaningful shot on the goalie?

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Why is Samsonov (and Kuznetsov) out so long? I mean if we are Covid positive here after 10 days we have to go back to work. I doubt there are any complications here.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Why is Samsonov (and Kuznetsov) out so long? I mean if we are Covid positive here after 10 days we have to go back to work. I doubt there are any complications here.

NHL players are continually tested, so it might be that they’re still infective where ordinary citizens would likely assume they were clear by how? The fact that they’ve only just started working out, though, makes me think it’s symptom-related. If they had congested lungs, for example, I imagine the medical advice would be to rest and not to work out.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Re-reading Laviolette’s comments, it seems like the duo are ‘still in protocol’ but ‘back with the team’. They wouldn’t be at the team’s training facilities or with its staff if they were still infective, so my guess is they’re still on the protocol for health reasons rather than transmission reasons - akin to when a player is still recovering from concussion so is still in concussion protocol, but is able to do some workout or non-contact play.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad