Post-Game Talk: Game 12 : Flyers @ Caps : 12pm ET

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps were better team today despite being so short handed. But that doesn’t matter.
We had more shots, but i wouldnt say we were the better team. Panik line sucked, goaltending sucked, defense was uneven. We needed a win today. Next game won’t be any easier. Flyers again

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Or, you know, it's asymptomatic and he simply hasn't had enough consecutive negative tests. There's multiple possibilities here, but you just prefer to infer whatever you infer based on limited information (as usual when it comes to medical issues).

I will never learn my lesson.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Meh, I'm not gonna freak out over the last few games. Missing some top players and Vanecek has clearly been overworked.

I talked before the season about how Schultz is the key to this defense working and that's really been apparent. Not like he's that good on his own to totally turn it around but it allows them to utilize the right pairings, and his game is really well suited for Lavi's system.

Reactions: Corby78

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
This team needs to get their act together and stay on the ice.

This hasn’t been a caps team yet. It’s the Hershey Caps basically.

Still confident when healthy or we have half of our starters back on the ice we’ll be a major threat

Reactions: Corby78

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Our forecheck is impotent, especially late in games. D-men struggle to keep the puck in the zone. On defense the pinching d-men and forwards aren’t on the same page, leading to odd man rushes. Guys are our of position a lot. It’s that simple.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Hi, everyone! I hadn't time to see the game yet. How was our Vanachek guy? Was he more like a dominant NHL G like Samsonov will be at his 25 or was he more like a complete ECHL joke charlatan?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Will give him something of a benefit of the doubt since he’s still finding his feet after being held out so long, but Orlov needs to play better. As things stand I’m not even sure he’s in the top-4 when healthy, nor that he’s doing much more than Siegenthaler. At best he’s unnoticeable, at worst he’s turning the puck over and getting scored on. And he’s the one guy I don’t see a good right-handed partner for, unless he plays 3rd pair minutes with Jensen.

Reactions: Pomee

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
How so? His top two goalies have had medical issues and can’t play. I do t know many teams that would be sitting in third playing their 3 and 4 goalie all season

You mean his two top goalies with 22 games of NHL experience?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad