Pre-Game Talk: GAME #12 - Canucks @ Devils - Thursday at 4 p.m, Sportsnet-VAN (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I don't think it has anything to do with looking past anyone and looking for an easy win. The fact is that you're faced with a back-to-back situation. We've already started to see some injuries pile up, so why risk our No. 1 going in back-to-back games in two different cities?

You give Lack the first start, and start Luongo in St. Louis, IMO. It has nothing to do with being overconfident. If anything, it's sparing Lack from the onslaught that St. Louis will be sure to throw our way. They will be well rested.

Agreed.

We need Lu to be rested and at his best against the Blues. I have full confidence in Lack against the Devils.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
You give Lack the first start, and start Luongo in St. Louis, IMO. It has nothing to do with being overconfident. If anything, it's sparing Lack from the onslaught that St. Louis will be sure to throw our way. They will be well rested.

Lou sometimes in the past has needed coddling too.

We're going to be so tired and St. Louis so rested that I really don't think we have a chance anyways. I'd almost rather it not be Lou that gets shelled. We all know how fragile he can be mentally at times.

Good litmus test for Lack too.

Anyways, just another way of looking at it. Either way, 2 points out of the next 2 games would be fine with me... and make for a fairly successful road trip.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
I don't think it has anything to do with looking past anyone and looking for an easy win. The fact is that you're faced with a back-to-back situation. We've already started to see some injuries pile up, so why risk our No. 1 going in back-to-back games in two different cities?

Yet, as I said, it opens to the door for a potential 2 games lost. It would be a horrible move to do anything other than start Lu tomorrow then make your decision after that game in regards to STL. If Torts is really concerned about giving a back-to-back, then he'd be wise to give Lack the STL start, as it appears he's doing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yet, as I said, it opens to the door for a potential 2 games lost. It would be a horrible move to do anything other than start Lu tomorrow then make your decision after that game in regards to STL.

I disagree with your assertion that anything other than starting Luongo tomorrow would constitute a horrible move. If we play Luongo in both games in different cities on different nights and he gets injured or plays fatigued, how good does that move look with the benefit of hindsight?

Besides, we could easily look at this situation as opening the door for two potential wins. Lack is a capable goaltender and the team played a solid game against New Jersey before, and then Luongo is fresh for what will be a tough test against a Blues team that is currently 5-1-1.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
The way I see it, is that we can go for two wins (Luongo vs Blues, Lack vs Devils) and give up the chance of losing twice, or we can write off the STL game and play Luongo vs the Devils.

I'd go option one

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Then you ice your best team to guarantee 2 out of 4 points, to cap off a successful road trip. And it's not debatable that NJ is your best bet to achieve that goal, anything more is icing on the cake. So with that in mind. Lu in NJ. Lack in STL.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Then you ice your best team to guarantee 2 out of 4 points, to cap off a successful road trip. And it's not debatable that NJ is your best bet to achieve that goal, anything more is icing on the cake. So with that in mind. Lu in NJ. Lack in STL.

Well, I'll just agree to disagree. I think they'll go for 4 of 4 points. ;)

Either way, can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Quick notes

- not happy about the lack of PPs, feels like we should have a lot more considering our possession numbers
- thinks Booth will respond well after being scratched, doesn't think it's a confidence issue
- very happy with Santorelli's performance
- Not sure about Hansen's status yet
- thought they should have won against Pittsburgh + Columbus, thinks they need to close out games better
- Nothing new regarding Sedin contract negotiations

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please beat us by 10 tomorrow

I want Pete fired ASAP .

I really don't want poor Cory embarrassed that bad, but dammit I was rooting for a few more goals from the BJ's last night for the same reason!:rant:

Lack should have no problem with this Devils team.:laugh:

I thought he was very good in Columbus.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
so lines would be

Sedins - Kes
Higgins - Santo - Kass
Booth - Richardson - Weise
Sestito - Welsh - Weber

same D, same G

is it so hard for us to call up a forward for a game?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
:laugh:

We are getting so slaughtered in Missouri.

Don't mind it as long as we win against the devils 4-2-1 or 4-1-2 is a successful road trip.

We're missing a full line of players right now, so our guys need to step up.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Quick notes

- not happy about the lack of PPs, feels like we should have a lot more considering our possession numbers
- thinks Booth will respond well after being scratched, doesn't think it's a confidence issue
- very happy with Santorelli's performance
- Not sure about Hansen's status yet
- thought they should have won against Pittsburgh + Columbus, thinks they need to close out games better
- Nothing new regarding Sedin contract negotiations

Thanks for this Nuckles. I'm glad to hear he's not pleased with the lack of PP's. Does it really matter though? Not like he will or even can do anything about it.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Lou sometimes in the past has needed coddling too.

We're going to be so tired and St. Louis so rested that I really don't think we have a chance anyways. I'd almost rather it not be Lou that gets shelled. We all know how fragile he can be mentally at times.

Good litmus test for Lack too.

Anyways, just another way of looking at it. Either way, 2 points out of the next 2 games would be fine with me... and make for a fairly successful road trip.

Agreed. Things could ugly, especially if we get 2 points out of NJD. The one thing we do not need is a win from Lack being followed by Lu getting shelled. Play luongo in the first game and give him the rest of the road trip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad