Pre-Game Talk: GAME #12 - Canucks @ Devils - Thursday at 4 p.m, Sportsnet-VAN (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Did I not hear Murph say Burrows may play on Friday?

I never heard him say that, and even if he did that would be against St. Louis, not New Jersey.
Also, News 1130 apparently heard from someone that Burrows is on pace to return Nov. 9th.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
they should call-up Alex Grenier for this game, then send him back down before they leave for St. Louis

since they're all in the New York area anyways

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Did I not hear Murph say Burrows may play on Friday?
He did, but he seemed to be pretty off-base and speculative when he mentioned it. Basically it was along the lines of "Burrows skated a few days ago and didn't feel good at all, skated today again and felt better. He wasn't planning on rushing back into the lineup, but now with Hansen going down maybe we could see him in St. Louis" Don't think he was basing that on much.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Anyone else think it's possible we see Lack vs Brodeur? I'm predicting that happens.
With Lack starting so recently, and 2 days off until Monday's game against the Capitals. It wouldn't surprise me if we see Luongo get back to back starts.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I never heard him say that, and even if he did that would be against St. Louis, not New Jersey.
Also, News 1130 apparently heard from someone that Burrows is on pace to return Nov. 9th.

Yeah by Friday I meant the St. Louis game. Anyway I may have miss heard then if News1130 said that.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Good for Torts! lol I liked the part he said about Booth: "He is not doing enough to play". I would do for next lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Kassian
Booth-Richardson-Weise
Sestito-Welsh-Weber

Sadly we can't keep Booth scratched for a longer time to give him a bigger message but oh well hopefully he picks it up in New Jersey.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
If Luongo plays this and doesn't play the Blues game I'll start to have to question the coaching staff. Had no problem with benching Booth needed to be done but to but Alberts in there when you have Weber who played fairly well in his very limited ice time at the beginning of season. So if they decide to play Lack against a conference team when they could have played him against the Devils, gotta start questioning the coaching staffs decision making.

Snow Horvat

The Big C
Apr 30, 2013
You can see he choked up in part of that talking about the kids.

Fits in beautifully with the culture we have here. Still wish we got Eakins though. #UNITE :sarcasm:

Good for Torts! lol I liked the part he said about Booth: "He is not doing enough to play". I would do for next lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Booth-Richardson-Weise
Sestito-Welsh-Weber

Sadly we can't keep Booth scratched for a longer time to give him a bigger message but oh well hopefully he picks it up in New Jersey.

I like this for the most part (not so much the bolded, but it's not like we have much choice right now). Might switch Kes and Santo depending on how things are going.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Torts is freaking awesome

Man, I remember Tortz saying how coaching is kinda like being a guidance counselor. Could you imagine him as a high school teacher? I think he would be friggin awesome.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Wait, they changed the team they cheered for just because Torts was fired?

Bandwagoners.:sarcasm:

Seriously, it's great to see Torts doing stuff like that. Hope those kids get better

Squall

Mar 22, 2013

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Booth-Richardson-Weise
Sestito-Welsh-Weber

As much as I like to send a stronger message, I don't want to have another Ballard situation.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
If Luongo plays this and doesn't play the Blues game I'll start to have to question the coaching staff. Had no problem with benching Booth needed to be done but to but Alberts in there when you have Weber who played fairly well in his very limited ice time at the beginning of season. So if they decide to play Lack against a conference team when they could have played him against the Devils, gotta start questioning the coaching staffs decision making.

Lu is a notorious slow starter. You just need to let him shake the rust off in October. Also, Luongo is the last person Tortz wants to rub the wrong way. He has been through absolute hell with the gongshow that is MG/AV. Booth and Lu are in completely different situations. Lu always tries his hardest and hates to lose. Tortz has Lu's back. That is something I sense. If Tortz wants to start messing with Lu, Lu will tell MG to shove it and then our goaltending is screwed. There are very few goaltenders that could ever perform well in a market like Vancouver.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
Lu is a notorious slow starter. You just need to let him shake the rust off in October. Also, Luongo is the last person Tortz wants to rub the wrong way. He has been through absolute hell with the gongshow that is MG/AV. Booth and Lu are in completely different situations. Lu always tries his hardest and hates to lose. Tortz has Lu's back. That is something I sense. If Tortz wants to start messing with Lu, Lu will tell MG to shove it and then our goaltending is screwed. There are very few goaltenders that could ever perform well in a market like Vancouver.

I have no problem with Lu, my problem is just a hypothetical problem of, if they play Lack agaisnt the St. Louis when they could have played him against the Devils, I'll have a problem with the coaching staff, has nothing to do with Lu or Lack, just with them benching Booth, which like I said I had no problem with but putting Alberts in over Weber was a big mistake IMO. The reason I want Lu to play against St. Louis is because he gives the team a better chance to win then Lack does and its against a team in our conference, so if Lack wins in OT or SO not as big as deal against the Devils then it would be to give up the point to St. Louis.

All this is just based on the fact that people want to see Lu vs Schneider again, and so if Lu, doesn't play both games in that case I think it would be a shame to potentially have Lack play the Blues and give up a point to them, where I think Lu has a better chance of not giving up that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad