Post-Game Talk: Game 12: Canucks 3, Devils 2 in SO - Booth and Weise injured, call up some more D-men

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
39108-infinite-sunglasses-mother-of-X8PU.gif

Mother-of_God.gif

tumblr_m6jvo1BjqN1r284vy.gif

All that can be said.
Missing:

UmpOi.gif

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
No way a Torts coached team would ever not show up and compete. But I sure don't expect a win from them, it would be crazy to. Im happy with the trip, we've shown lots of mental toughness I'm impressed.

Same here. I have no expectations for tomorrows game, but hope we at least battle hard, and please for the love of god no more injuries :cry:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I mentioned this in the Armchair Thread, but I would like to see he Canucks claim Kevin Porter off waivers tomorrow morning. W/C with experience, and even with Pelletier and Archibald coming in, we're still short a natural forward. He makes minimum wage and could be depth for Utica once everything is said and done.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
St. Louis hasn't played in a week. Literally. If we're going to win tomorrow we have to take advantage of the fact they could very easily come out flat in the first period.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I mentioned this in the Armchair Thread, but I would like to see he Canucks claim Kevin Porter off waivers tomorrow morning. W/C with experience, and even with Pelletier and Archibald coming in, we're still short a natural forward. He makes minimum wage and could be depth for Utica once everything is said and done.

Yes, I would be a fan of acquiring Porter.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Yes, I would be a fan of acquiring Porter.

had we been closer to being healthy, i wouldn't have agreed with this idea

however, you gotta do what you gotta do. Kevin Porter is still a serviceable NHLer

He's had so many chances though, going from Phoenix to Colorado to Buffalo.
sometimes have him confused with Ryan Stoa

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Henrik Sedin is probably among the most underrated players in the league.

Unreal how both Sedins get so many ****** penalties called on them undeservedly. Not many other players get that treatment, let alone stars.

Demko

Aug 13, 2009
Delta, B.C.
Me thinks that Torts will push the boys tomorrow and give them Sat off and a light practice on Sunday in prep for Monday's game. Torts has too much drive to not do anything.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
How many times did the refs have you guys shaking your heads? The number of hooks, holds and interference non-calls from this game alone... :shakehead

John McClane

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary, AB
Seeing Torts the past two games in the post game interview has just made me like him even more. Seems like a great guy, with all his charity work. Good to see that he got to catch up with that Liam kid too. You can tell Torts genuinely cares about the kids.

Southern Mail

Harbard
Feb 15, 2012
Cascadia
How many times did the refs have you guys shaking your heads? The number of hooks, holds and interference non-calls from this game alone... :shakehead

It's at the point now that Shorthouse casually mentions the non-calls during his play-by-play: "Henrik's hooked at the Devil's blue line, and play continues back up the ice ..."

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Wasn't it Daniel that won the skills competition for shooting accuracy at the all star game a couple years ago? Why the hell doesn't he shoot???

Wait we won?

I was wondering this too. With the way he dekes, he might as well just shoot it. He'd probably have a better chance of scoring.

After a victory against STL? Sure

Well-played.

Saint ORLY!! Where would we be without this guy.

Love it. :laugh:

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
It's at the point now that Shorthouse casually mentions the non-calls during his play-by-play: "Henrik's hooked at the Devil's blue line, and play continues back up the ice ..."

Yep. Definitely a lot of "hooked / taken down, no call" tonight. Need the local media to continue raising a stink about it.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Gutsy win, albeit against a team that is clearly struggling to find an identity. Kes with another 25 minutes, giving him 55 in the last 2 games, which is absolutely unbelievable in non-playoffs for a forward. He is now #2 to Sid in TOI/G for forwards. Hank is tied for 3rd with RNH (?). I continue to be impressed with our defense, specifically Tanev and Stanton, neither of whom ever seem to take games off. Successful road trip, regardless of tomorrow. A point would be an absolute bonus.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
I can't believe a team that's played the least amount of games is playing against a team that's played the most amount of games. And it's the second half of a back-to-back.

Ridiculous.

Yeah, I don't know what happened but the schedule-makers sure ****ed up on this. Holy.

Few quick tidbits
Booth hurt but walking ok.
Weise walking with help of medical equipment
Saw the team, torts, management and media leave and get screened by TSA after game. Obviously right on the plane to STL. Kesler, Garrison, Bieksa stopped to talk to friends and fam. and obviously Chiggs too. Talked to Schneiders wife, hung w her a few times in van, she said her and Cory like Hoboken and are adjusting well to it.
Just my two cents. Had a few IPA's so I was half paying attention really.
Thanks for sharing, as always.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Ugly, but 2 points is 2 points. Luongo with a great game, so that is good. 5/6 of our bottom 6 out; not as good. If this keeps up, Alberts is going to be our 1C before Remembrance Day.

Also, Does the NJ Arena double as their morgue? It was quieter than a Florida game in February.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Seeing Torts the past two games in the post game interview has just made me like him even more. Seems like a great guy, with all his charity work. Good to see that he got to catch up with that Liam kid too. You can tell Torts genuinely cares about the kids.

Well said, my sentiments also.

Ugly game tonight. Lucky to get the win imo, Schneids let in two horrible goals. But hey they found a way to win again so I'll take it. Lu with a good game I thought which is encouraging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad