Post-Game Talk: Game 12: Canucks 3, Devils 2 in SO - Booth and Weise injured, call up some more D-men

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
I don't think Edler's attempt was that bad. He had Schneider on the shot fake, he just has to know to look for the 5 hole before bringing it all the way across the net from that angle. If he wants to bring it far side, he needs to cheat his body towards the far side of the net like Burrows does while using the shot threat to hold the goalie.

Edler has a lethal shot, I think he just needs to get more comfortable going against the goalie.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
yeah i had no problem with that edler attempt, one of the better ones he's done recently

it's that one move he has where he goes in completely straight and shoots 5 hole with no moves or dekes that's terrible

wonder what makes the coaching staff keep thinking that he's a good option in the shootout, he probably tries some crazy **** in practice and always scores on luongo or something

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Just watched the game on PVR.

The referees are literally giving us the middle finger at this point.

Looks like we're never going to live down our reputation as "divers" despite the fact that we stopped doing it over a season ago.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
We can debate the callups all we want but at the end of the day Gillis really needs to make a move. Even when Burrows and Hansen return, I still think they could benefit from another top 6 forward. Now's as good a time as any for Gillis to be working the phones.

Agreed.
I assume that 'bargaining from a position of weakness' would hinder what we would get - and what we would have to give up.
Lets hope Gillis has one more trick up his sleeve.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I agree with Blake Price: Daniel sounded exhausted during his post game comments. Him, Hank and Kesler even played more than all the defensemen except Edler (25+ minutes).

Even if the other lines suck, Torts should spread the ice time tomorrow. I was all for giving our best players a ton of ice time but with the injuries lately now it's just getting ridiculous. I don't care if the 3rd and 4th lines get wrecked. Just give the top line softer minutes.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Brutal schedule is making the Canucks pay. Back to backs should banned, especially if you're on the road. Not surprised in the least that the Canucks are crippled by injuries: fatigue = injuries, it's true at any level of sport.

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
Brutal schedule is making the Canucks pay. Back to backs should banned, especially if you're on the road. Not surprised in the least that the Canucks are crippled by injuries: fatigue = injuries, it's true at any level of sport.

Do all teams in the NHL have an equal amounts of back to backs? Seems kind of unfair if they didn't.

just22

Aug 2, 2009

I can't believe a team that's played the least amount of games is playing against a team that's played the most amount of games. And it's the second half of a back-to-back.

Ridiculous.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Next shootout, I'd support going with Santorelli and 2 other randomly-selected players.

I'd be happy with Richardson in the shootout. Maybe even Higgins. Keep Daniel Sedin away from shootouts. It's painful to watch. It's honestly embarrassing. He doesn't get it. He thinks he can outwait a goalie, but he doesn't go in with speed and he stickhandles so slowly. Ahhh!

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Few quick tidbits
Booth hurt but walking ok.
Weise walking with help of medical equipment
Saw the team, torts, management and media leave and get screened by TSA after game. Obviously right on the plane to STL. Kesler, Garrison, Bieksa stopped to talk to friends and fam. and obviously Chiggs too. Talked to Schneiders wife, hung w her a few times in van, she said her and Cory like Hoboken and are adjusting well to it.
Just my two cents. Had a few IPA's so I was half paying attention really.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Few quick tidbits
Saw the team, torts, management and media leave and get screened by TSA after game. Obviously right on the plane to STL. Kesler, Garrison, Bieksa stopped to talk to friends and fam. and obviously Chiggs too. Talked to Schneiders wife, hung w her a few times in van, she said her and Cory like Hoboken and are adjusting well to it.

Thanks for the info.

Any hint on Booth's deal?

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Few quick tidbits

Gracias.

Good update.

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
Thanks for the info.

Any hint on Booth's deal?

Yeah. Don't want to outright say it but he's had documented problems w it recently. Also burrows too walking around with a Suit and sneakers on. No noticeable limp or anything

John Bender*

I bet they phone it in tomorrow. STL is too tough, they are too tired and they already have had a successful trip. If they somehow pull tomorrow off, I'll be shocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad