GDT: Game #11|Tue., Oct. 29, 2013|Ducks at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Somewhat agreed. The only thing is though the other two lines look to have some good chemistry. Dont know if you want to mess with that.

Yeah, if we're getting deep into it McGinn should be up over Raffl period. Still, this lineup has been doing well finally so there's no need to mess it up.

Switching out Gustafsson for Meszaros goes directly against that concept but still.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm so happy we re-signed Read. He's the perfect secondary scorer. Scores frequently enough (just as much as Hartnell ever did really), is great on the PK, and can be played in pretty much any situation.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
getting him out of Philly probably saved his career

I seem to recall the home crowd in the AHL made derogatory comments about his weight but I guess that has been a stigma going back to his early days. This is from 2008:

Maroon, a 6-foot-4 power forward, led all Ontario Hockey League rookies with 55 assists and 90 points last season, and his 35 goals ranked second. Maroon played last season with the London Knights at 223 pounds, and he reported to Philadelphia's prospect development camp in late July at 220.

That's a far cry from when Maroon was playing youth hockey in St. Louis. Back then, he was 6-1 and 260 pounds, earning him the nickname "Fat Pat."

Coaches liked Maroon, though, and one of them encouraged former St. Louis Blues forward Kelly Chase to scout him. Chase, along with former teammate and Hall of Famer Al MacInnis, had just purchased a North American Hockey League team in Texarkana, Arkansas. Chase was looking for players to take with him for a season before moving the franchise to St. Louis.

Chase saw the "Fat Pat," but he also saw what others might have missed – great hands and vision. Chase and MacInnis talked to Maroon and his parents, and together told them just how far Pat's talent could take him if he was willing to do what it took to get himself into shape – at least, a shape other than round.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=380676

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad