GDT: Game #11|Tue., Oct. 29, 2013|Ducks at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Apparently Berube was not happy with the way Gus played in the 3rd period on Sat. Seems like he has a short leash on some, yet Coburn, who a lot of people seem to think he's regressing, plays the most minutes, nightly.

Based on behindthenet, it looked like Grossmann and Coburn are the shutdown pairing. Now, Coburn hasn't exactly fared well in that role (Grossmann has done better though), that could explain why the minutes were cut. NYI would have been rollding their scorers more, so Gus' minutes naturally would have been cut in favor of the Coburn pairing.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
:laugh:

Nice job, MSE.

This will be a tough one; Anaheim has played well to start the season. They're deeper than they look and their young defensemen have played well.

Edit: after watching the Ducks/Jackets highlights, I doubt Koivu will be in the lineup for Anaheim. He looked out of it after taking a Dubinsky elbow to the noggin (elbow looked down but connected flush with Koivu's head).

As promised, I broke from tradition and used a smilie. And thanks to the others for noticing the theme to this GDT.

Koivu is not currently with the team and a roster move is now indicated in the first post.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Forward lines the same...

Gus out, Mesz in for now.

So they just decided to cut the best skater amongst Flyers defenseman for no obvious reason again?!

I think Gus came up with another solid performance the other night recoding an assist and I just don't see how Mesz can be any better. Andrej is playing tentatively and doesn't have much to offer except for his heavy slapshot that goes high and wide most of the time :shakehead

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Just watched a couple of interviews on the flyers website and Bill Meltzers blog.

Mesz looks like a deer caught in the headlights, so self conscious and almost embarrassed. I'm feeling with him but it doesn't seem like the right mindset for a pro and now I'm even more sceptical about him in the lineup Tuesday.

In contrast Gus seems pretty confident and optimistic despite already being told that he would be the healthy scratch against Anaheim.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
drpepperbro.gif

I'm read for the game!!! Let's do this!

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I think the Mez and Gus situation has less to do with play at this point and more to do with games played. Mez came out after 5, now Gus has played 5 and Mez is going back in. I really don't understand the move otherwise, Mez played one his worst games four games into the season if I remember correctly but didn't get scratched until after the 5th. Gus hasn't been bad and considering the timing (5 games played) I don't think this is a coincidence.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think the Mez and Gus situation has less to do with play at this point and more to do with games played. Mez came out after 5, now Gus has played 5 and Mez is going back in. I really don't understand the move otherwise, Mez played one his worst games four games into the season if I remember correctly but didn't get scratched until after the 5th. Gus hasn't been bad and considering the timing (5 games played) I don't think this is a coincidence.

I hope they can move Mez out soon. Gus has been solid IMO, I really haven't noticed him out there when in his own zone (which is a good thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad