Game #11 : Kings vs. Coyotes - 10/24/13 - Regulation Win 7-4

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
The Assmussen was worthless and it was horrible scouting on the old regime's part. It was the equivalent of the Angels signing Jeff Weaver after that one good playoff performance.

Most people hated Corvo because of the bar incident

It was the D-zone giveaways that did it for me.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Good work Kopi and Co (From todays Insider)

The Kings won 57% of the draws Thursday night and limited Antoine Vermette, who entered the game with more faceoff wins than any other player in the league, to a 7-of-17 performance

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They are getting just ridiculous play, from a no name blue-line and Goalies are standing on their heads every night.

Reminds me of EDM/Minn in 2011/2012, they both had like under 10 regulation losses through Oct/Nov/DEC.

But collapsed in Jan/Feb/March.

Yep. I like seeing them do well becasue they play uptempo hockey and I love Patty Roy, Duchene, Hejduk, and several other players, but I think that they're going to peak too early and run out of gas.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Very much 'around the league', but Colarado are awful. They can't rely on godly goaltending and absurd shooting %'s the whole year

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Very much 'around the league', but Colarado are awful. They can't rely on godly goaltending and absurd shooting %'s the whole year

Their shooting % isn't really out of whack. They only have 8 players over 10% in shooting where we have 7 over 10%. It's the goaltending that can't keep unless they stop allowing almost 34 shots a game. They are 25 in shots allowed but 1 in goals against.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why not, we won the cup last time that happened... :D

Quick's overall save % in either the 2012 regular season or playoffs wasn't as good as what Colorado is getting from their goalies at the moment. That's how insane their goaltending numbers are right now. On pace, for what that's worth, to give up 109 goals.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Quick's overall save % in either the 2012 regular season or playoffs wasn't as good as what Colorado is getting from their goalies at the moment. That's how insane their goaltending numbers are right now. On pace, for what that's worth, to give up 109 goals.

It's also half the sample size of Quick's playoff run. Which in and of itself was a small sample size. It won't hold out but even so lets get to 25% of the year. Which would be the same size as what Quick had on the cup run.

KingKopitar11*

If Kopitar plays like he did last game, we won't have any offensive problems. He was spectacular.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's also half the sample size of Quick's playoff run. Which in and of itself was a small sample size. It won't hold out but even so lets get to 25% of the year. Which would be the same size as what Quick had on the cup run.

Right. The Kings or Quick can't do what they did in the 2012 playoffs over a full season. It's a race to 16 wins, which took 20 games that year. There's no such mark during the regular season.

Colorado is having a great month. There's obviously no way they'll only give up 109 goals over 82 games, unless they're the greatest defensive team of all time, or the goalies are set to have young Gretzky-esque years in net.

What Colorado is doing right now is giving themselves a larger margin of error as the season moves along. If they play .500 from here on out, they're in the playoffs.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
Kopi kept his feet moving all game in the offensive zone it was crosby like. Hopefully he can build off this and keep skating

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Bleh, we aren't even in a playoff spot anymore in the west, even though we'd be tied for 2nd in the east.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just realized that Colorado is like 10-0-1. Crazy.

It's nuts! I live in Denver (moved from LA 7 yrs ago) and I was shocked
they passed on Seth Jones, because they have an AHL defense, and had a good core of young forwards - Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog,
Parenteau, but an AHL defense.

Defense:

Erik Johnson (a legit NHL defenseman), Andre Benoit, Cory Sarich,
Ryan Wilson, Nate Guenin, Jan Hejda. WTF?

Erik Johnson is the only one that would make the Kings roster. Yet, this defense core, is part of a 10-1 team...in the NHL!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad