Game #11 : Kings vs. Coyotes - 10/24/13 - Regulation Win 7-4

Ewan McGregor*

guess people will hold off trading Kopitar for a while :sarcasm:

glad he and frattin netted their first. finally

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I miss Frolov.. :(

We better sign him when his contract expires. (When is that btw?)

Lets give him big money, 10 Million Per Season. :nod:

4408314089_a72a3653c2_z.jpg

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Lemme get this straight......

............... #74..............

......gets the goal to make the score 7-4........

.............which results in the Kings having a record of 7-4................

:amazed::amazed::amazed:!!!MIND = BLOWN!!!:amazed::amazed::amazed:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So happy to beat the yotes.
Muzzin being benched from mid in the third shows he cannot be relied on yet.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I'm gonna say something positive so I'm not accused of always being negative....

I don't have much to complain about on this one, despite the PHO comeback. I want to say that 3 of the 4 goals, Quick didn't have much of a chance and were a bit flukey.

Team looked motivated, Kopitar has been outstanding, even before this game...nice to see him get rewarded.

Lets see the same effort against the Oil.....that is all.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Fun one. God to beat a division rival and for some C's to get their firsts.

Need more from Quick. He's got that spazzy look he gets when he isn't seeing the puck well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm gonna say something positive so I'm not accused of always being negative....

I don't have much to complain about on this one, despite the PHO comeback. I want to say that 3 of the 4 goals, Quick didn't have much of a chance and were a bit flukey.

Team looked motivated, Kopitar has been outstanding, even before this game...nice to see him get rewarded.

Lets see the same effort against the Oil.....that is all.

:handclap: I'll take it.

And jeeeeez that list of names....shudder. Flashbacks.

really was such a weird game though, puck was bouncing everywhere. Glad Richie was able to deliver the backbreaker.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
1996's 7th overall pick Erik Rasmussen says hi.

for what it's worth, I actually liked Rasmussen a lot. I know he was supposed to be the whipping boy, but I liked him. Same with Corvo. Everyone hated him, I loved him.

but I guess it was the flip for Cammi. Everyone loved him, I hated him.

what was he called again? The greaser? Grease lightning? or Grease monkey or something? lol

I never hated Corvo. 6th round draft pick who made no money as a King, yet he could still light up the PP. What did people want from him?

Captain Mittens*

1996's 7th overall pick Erik Rasmussen says hi.

for what it's worth, I actually liked Rasmussen a lot. I know he was supposed to be the whipping boy, but I liked him. Same with Corvo. Everyone hated him, I loved him.
The Assmussen was worthless and it was horrible scouting on the old regime's part. It was the equivalent of the Angels signing Jeff Weaver after that one good playoff performance.

Most people hated Corvo because of the bar incident

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I love how they kept Quick in throughout the game. Some goalies would have been pulled already. Love Sutter's confidence in Quick.

Sutter usually is the type that would pull Quick. I am glad he didn't. Let the team win one for Quick.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I feel like that is the first time since he has been on a team that i have seen Regehr shoot the puck on target from the blue line instead of dumping it in the corner. Goalie, understandably, wasn't expecting it to come his way

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by Winger23
Holy crap. Richards has 28 career short handed goals. That is just sick.

Those 28 are 17% of his career goals.

Right now, he's tied with St Louis for first among active players, 31st on the all time list, but if he bags a few more this year, he'll climb quickly, when he gets his 32nd goal he'll be tied for 13 th all time. And he's done that in far less games that anyone on the list. At in the future, at 35 he goes top 10 all time. Sweet.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-short-handed-goals-leaders.html

Doan post game on Richie's killer goal and the timing of it:
Give Richards a lot of credit,” Doan said. “He made a good play to give them the lead back and the momentum back. We didn’t have anyone do that back. At the same time, as a team we’ve got to learn to handle success so much better than we handle it at times.”

Clutch goal and what a leader does, in his case, kicking the Yotes in the nuts with his skates.

To quote Bob Miller 'Shane Doan like that..."

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I feel like that is the first time since he has been on a team that i have seen Regehr shoot the puck on target from the blue line instead of dumping it in the corner. Goalie, understandably, wasn't expecting it to come his way

I hope him and Greene have a deal that whomever has more shots on goal gets treated to steak

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Those 28 are 17% of his career goals.

Right now, he's tied with St Louis for first among active players, 31st on the all time list, but if he bags a few more this year, he'll climb quickly, when he gets his 32nd goal he'll be tied for 13 th all time. And he's done that in far less games that anyone on the list. At in the future, at 35 he goes top 10 all time. Sweet.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-short-handed-goals-leaders.html

Doan post game on Richie's killer goal and the timing of it:
Give Richards a lot of credit,†Doan said. “He made a good play to give them the lead back and the momentum back. We didn’t have anyone do that back. At the same time, as a team we’ve got to learn to handle success so much better than we handle it at times.â€

Clutch goal and what a leader does, in his case, kicking the Yotes in the nuts with his skates.

To quote Bob Miller 'Shane Doan like that..."

He has had a couple other break aways SH this year too.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I just realized that Colorado is like 10-0-1. Crazy.

They are getting just ridiculous play, from a no name blue-line and Goalies are standing on their heads every night.

Reminds me of EDM/Minn in 2011/2012, they both had like under 10 regulation losses through Oct/Nov/DEC.

But collapsed in Jan/Feb/March.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad