Game #11 : Kings vs. Coyotes - 10/24/13 - Regulation Win 7-4

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Mike Richards is night and day from last year. I know I've probably said this 100 times and probably after every win in the post game threads, but it's unbelievable how much different he looks. Some people on here (not going to say names) thought Richards' career was over. Him and Carter completely changed the face of this franchise. I love Jack Johnson, Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds but I'll do both those trades (yes, hindsight is 20/20) every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Thanks again Philly!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You know your defense ****ing sucks when the LA Kings hang 7 on you and Dwight King pots a hatty. Good showing resilience though. When they got tied at 4 I wasn't feeling that great about our chances. Glad to see they pulled it out.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You know, sometimes I miss Fro. Wonder how he's doing in Russia.

Quite well. He is the captain of Avangard Omsk who made the finals last year but are struggling mightily this year (13th in pts percentage in eastern conference this year). He is a top point producer over there in their more east-west game, makes nice reads while being very responsible defensively. Has adapted really well over there, key veteran presence. Could still contribute in NHL, IMO, but he makes waaay more in KHL than he could in NHL. Would still EASILY be #2 LW on the Kings. But it would take 4+ million to lure him back from KHL, IMO.

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
Here's to the King...
74_hophiophop.jpg

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Well that was interesting. I know we're supposed to hate each other, but I live in California so I have some love for some of you. Good game, I think you guys just got too comfy with the lead, and we have a tendency for working our ***** of and making strong comeback only to lose in regulation. See you in 5 days, stay safe on that 405 ;)

Tijuana Trotz

Aug 17, 2010
It's kind of a shame that Shane Doan got his first hat trick before the legend that is Dwight king.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I knew it had been YEARS since we scored more than 6. I told my wife at the end of the game that the last time we scored more than 6 Cammy was on the team. I thought it was 2009 but 2007 damn.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
You know, sometimes I miss Fro. Wonder how he's doing in Russia.

me too. i actually think he would fit better on this team than the era he played here. He was expected to be the best player on the team, which he was at times.

On this team, he could easily play a 3rd line role and his expectations would be very low.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
and to the doomsdayers, Kopitar is 11th in scoring and 2nd in assists. Imagine if he goes on one of his patented tears ?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
me too. i actually think he would fit better on this team than the era he played here. He was expected to be the best player on the team, which he was at times.

On this team, he could easily play a 3rd line role and his expectations would be very low.

Yeahhh. It's a total shame, really. The guy would be the perfect Sutter cycle player, imo, especially as a 2nd-3rd liner. I mean, look at the Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds line, they were possession beasts. I think of him with the current system and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time really.

Ugh, what a weird night to be conjuring up images of Cammy/Frolov teams :laugh: at least we know it's easy to find Derek Armstrong.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Yeahhh. It's a total shame, really. The guy would be the perfect Sutter cycle player, imo, especially as a 2nd-3rd liner. I mean, look at the Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds line, they were possession beasts. I think of him with the current system and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time really.

Ugh, what a weird night to be conjuring up images of Cammy/Frolov teams :laugh: at least we know it's easy to find Derek Armstrong.

Kyle Calder is clearly our best option for 1st line LW.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Having flashbacks of seeing the likes of Raitis Ivanans and Scott Thornton play LW in the top six. Thankfully Dwight King has something those guys didn't have: hockey sense.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
1996's 7th overall pick Erik Rasmussen says hi.

for what it's worth, I actually liked Rasmussen a lot. I know he was supposed to be the whipping boy, but I liked him. Same with Corvo. Everyone hated him, I loved him.

but I guess it was the flip for Cammi. Everyone loved him, I hated him.

Kyle Calder is clearly our best option for 1st line LW.

what was he called again? The greaser? Grease lightning? or Grease monkey or something? lol

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Just watched the game on the DVR, wow what a game.

Love all the panic in the game day thread, like the Yotes were just going to play dead and give up.

7 goals is nice, and that is why you have Mike Richards, tie game Kings on the PK. Classic Mike Richards makes a game changing play on the PK.

Mike Richards is a winner. Great game all around. That was probably the best game to watch all year so far.

King with a hatty ? say what ? It's nice to see the offense pick up Quick for once.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
I knew it had been YEARS since we scored more than 6. I told my wife at the end of the game that the last time we scored more than 6 Cammy was on the team. I thought it was 2009 but 2007 damn.

-The last time the Kings scored seven goals in one game was on April 1, 2010, when they defeated the Canucks 8-3 at home behind Dustin Brown’s hat trick and four-point night.

http://kings.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2009021156

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad