GDT: Game 11: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks 5pm

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Theodore has played that shot so many times but it has worked almost every time I've seen it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Workman's night for Shea. 26+ min of ice time and a beauty of a shootout goal.

I seriously would rather he get first line minutes in the AHL. Our future first line center, hoping he can be that, shouldn't be developed in this league as a tertiary third line winger.

Every indication seems to be that Cody's development is an afterthought. That if Cody wants to be a superstar he has to figure it out on his own. Didn't even get a single second in OT.
Let's be honest, Cody had his worst performance of the season tonight. You dont throw away a point to educate him. He's great, I love his play, but it wasn't his Knight.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Let's be honest, Cody had his worst performance of the season tonight. You dont throw away a point to educate him. He's great, I love his play, but it wasn't his Knight.
Sure but this wasn't the first night he was stripped off the powerplay. Last night too when Turk ran the lines through the blender. And it's not just because of the OT that I feel that way.

Does anyone here honestly feel as though Glass has been anything more than one of Gallant's available chess pieces? Whether he's playing well or poorly nothing changes in his deployment. Turk will reward other players for good play with promotions or a little more ice time. All that's changed with Cody is the occasional stripping of powerplay time.

I just don't see how this is a good situation for our top prospect playing his off position with guys he doesn't have a lick of chemistry with.

And sure this was a bad night for Cody. His passing was off, but you can say that about literally every single skater we have tonight.

Reactions: derriko

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Workman's night for Shea. 26+ min of ice time and a beauty of a shootout goal.

I seriously would rather he get first line minutes in the AHL. Our future first line center, hoping he can be that, shouldn't be developed in this league as a tertiary third line winger.

Every indication seems to be that Cody's development is an afterthought. That if Cody wants to be a superstar he has to figure it out on his own. Didn't even get a single second in OT.

It's not even about his development in my view, he could help the team more NOW.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's not even about his development in my view, he could help the team more NOW.
I'm confused. You mean he could help the team more if his situation was changed? Or you don't care about his development as much as you care about the points he could chip in?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gallant just said on TV that he ran the lines through the blender again cause he thought those lines "played well" against Philly.

giphy.gif

As someone who was very vocal about Anaheim's need to fire Carlyle, I wouldn't say we've even come close to that disaster point. But I have more concerns these days than I did in year 1. I understand being a player's coach and not shit talking his own boys but I really hope he doesn't actually think those lines performed well last night.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Great game. And the Nationals beat the Strokes.

I’m tickled silly.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm confused. You mean he could help the team more if his situation was changed? Or you don't care about his development as much as you care about the points he could chip in?

I'm saying putting him at center with better linemates, and on the power play, is what's best for the team now, regardless of if it is also best for his development.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm saying putting him at center with better linemates, and on the power play, is what's best for the team now, regardless of if it is also best for his development.
Problem is that requires knocking either Stastny or Wild Bill.

And I personally care more about his future development. Everyone on the roster has gone through their NHL development. For Glass it's happening now. I want it to be maximized. Not be an afterthought.

Reactions: derriko

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Problem is that requires knocking either Stastny or Wild Bill.

And I personally care more about his future development. Everyone on the roster has gone through their NHL development. For Glass it's happening now. I want it to be maximized. Not be an afterthought.

I suggested it elsewhere and I think it makes sense to make one move with the forward lines rather than shaking them all up.

Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault
Pirri/Tuch-Stastny-Stone
Pacioretty-Glass-Eakin
Carrier-Nosek-Reaves

I think they have to split Pirri and Eakin and have the other two linemates create for them.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I suggested it elsewhere and I think it makes sense to make one move with the forward lines rather than shaking them all up.

Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault
Pirri/Tuch-Stastny-Stone
Pacioretty-Glass-Eakin
Carrier-Nosek-Reaves

I think they have to split Pirri and Eakin and have the other two linemates create for them.
This requires Gallant to get over his ridiculous loyalty boner to Eakin.

This is actually the biggest reason why I don't think Gallant gives two shits about Glass' development. He won't even try Eakin on the wing even when he throws the lines in a blender. It's more important to Turk that his third line pending UFA gets what is supposedly due him as a veteran than having the future of this team be developed in the position he was raised through childhood to play. So important that Eakin hasn't been tried as a winger for even a second.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This requires Gallant to get over his ridiculous loyalty ***** to Eakin.

I know they're different players in different situations, but seeing Haula be so successful makes me think. We apparently chose Eakin at 1.1M more over Haula. There was a market for Eakin that couldn't have been less than what we got for Haula.

And Nosek-Glass-Haula doesn't look like a bad line. Maybe we could have kept Bellemare too with the extra cap.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know they're different players in different situations, but seeing Haula be so successful makes me think. We apparently chose Eakin at 1.1M more over Haula. There was a market for Eakin that couldn't have been less than what we got for Haula.

And Nosek-Glass-Haula doesn't look like a bad line. Maybe we could have kept Bellemare too with the extra cap.

Eakin's been helpful shorthanded. Offensively speaking he's been a liability. I don't see why we can't even try Glass there.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Eakin's been helpful shorthanded. Offensively speaking he's been a liability. I don't see why we can't even try Glass there.

But wouldn't we have been able to keep Bellemare with extra cap, who would have taken the penalty killing minutes?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But wouldn't we have been able to keep Bellemare with extra cap, who would have taken the penalty killing minutes?
I mean. Yeah. Maybe the team didn't want to look like they were punishing Eakin for game 7. But he also had a career year offensively and I bet they weren't sure Glass would make the team out of camp.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Let's give the Blackhawks some credit- they forechecked HARD in this game. I think we wore them out in the 3rd playing with urgency to create more chances. Their penalty kill was suffocating as well.
I like how GG laughed off the question about not having 5 on 5 goals for the last three games. Is this the conventional wisdom? To not care at all about analytics?
As for Glass- you're damned if you keep him in the A, you're damned if you play him out of position in the N. Eakin is a good 3rd line C. He proved it last year. This will all work itself out.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They either need to pull their collective heads out their butts or get Schmidt back for the next game. Their last 4 wins have come from either a weak team or a depleted one playing a BTB. Their only 2 real tests have been against Boston and Nashville, and they faded in the 2nd of both games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad