GDT: Game 11: Golden Knights @ Blackhawks 5pm

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They either need to pull their collective heads out their butts or get Schmidt back for the next game. Their last 4 wins have come from either a weak team or a depleted one playing a BTB. Their only 2 real tests have been against Boston and Nashville, and they faded in the 2nd of both games.

Important to note, the team isn't still on pace for 104 points. Even without Schmidt and Tuch. And have some extra picks for defensive rental help.

They haven't played well and need to do better but staying in touch at the top and finding ways to win are good for the team. The goals will come with forwards as talented as ours, I'm sure our Corsi and advanced stats are good.

They have good goaltending, a good power play, resourcefulness to win and have been good penalty killing. That, along with a sound defensive structure (they need to work on) are vital to good playoff runs.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Important to note, the team isn't still on pace for 104 points. Even without Schmidt and Tuch. And have some extra picks for defensive rental help.

They haven't played well and need to do better but staying in touch at the top and finding ways to win are good for the team. The goals will come with forwards as talented as ours, I'm sure our Corsi and advanced stats are good.

They have good goaltending, a good power play, resourcefulness to win and have been good penalty killing. That, along with a sound defensive structure (they need to work on) are vital to good playoff runs.

'On pace for' means nothing in October, but McNabb is on pace for 82 minor infractions:sarcasm:.

Finding a way to win is great and all, but hard working statement games from start to finish are what's needed. Maybe that's too much to ask against Colorado, but they'll get stomped if they come out flat again playing 5v5 like they're on the power play. Skill is one thing but as we can see with Glass not clicking on the 3rd line because of (mostly) the poor play from Pirri & Eakin, their bread and butter needs to be being strong on the puck, heavy along the boards and tenacious down low. They also need to be better with gap control (hard to do without Schmidt) and forcing NZ turnovers because the more time they spend in their own end the more likely it is they'll give up a 5 on 5 goal. That's just how it is with this team. You can only survive so many defensive breakdowns, goal mouth scrambles and equipment malfunctions.

and their possession metrics must have taken a big hit after the LA game. I'm just being real and putting things into perspective.

Having said that, I'm glad they clawed their way back into OT & Shea Teddy bea is absolute clutch in the shootout. :towel:

Hopefully Roy plays next game and brings more of that Carrier/Nosek grindy jam jam hustle.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Btw the record for minors in a season is 104 and the last players to get 82 minor PIMs or more were Keith Tkachuk and Ulf Samuelsson in 93-94.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Btw the record for minors in a season is 104 and the last players to get 82 minor PIMs or more were Keith Tkachuk and Ulf Samuelsson in 93-94.
The way the refs are calling every breath our boys take, this might be the next record VGK break.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
anyone know why the gave against the avs this friday has a 3 PM start time?

seems odd for a weekday

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
anyone know why the gave against the avs this friday has a 3 PM start time?

seems odd for a weekday

They are observing Nevada Day. Even though they have a game on actual Nevada Day/ Halloween. It's dumb but the government here stopped allowing public places to have actual Nevada Day/Halloween off, even when it falls on a Friday.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
They are observing Nevada Day. Even though they have a game on actual Nevada Day/ Halloween. It's dumb but the government here stopped allowing public places to have actual Nevada Day/Halloween off, even when it falls on a Friday.
Nevada Day (Observed) is always on a Friday. When Nevada Day is actually on a Friday we do get it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad