GDT: Game 11: Columbus vs. Anaheim | 10/27 6PM EDT

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I think it was a major, not because it was late but because of the hit to the head.

We'll see what the league says, but we might be in a league where if you run your jaw into a shoulder you draw a penalty. Real mans diving. Some hyperbole on my part, but Dubi braced for a player that was pretty much running into Dubi, and he had his head down.

Kurtis5939

Feb 7, 2011
Pensacola, FL
that is probably the worst call i have ever seen... Interference? He hit him right after he released the puck. No way in HELL that was interference... and a game misconduct? FOR WHAT? delivering a good hit? Worst call ever.... If only refs could be fined for horrible calls

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Refs getting carried away with these penalties. On the replay its pass bam. No way its interference. And I'm with Blah-when the f is interference 5 minutes? And it didn't look like a head shot to me.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I fail to see how Dibinsky’s hit was any different than Beauchemin’s on Anisimov… Dubinsky was all over the ice tonight, he will be missed…. Bob’s not too sharp…

The Refs must have listened to Leaf fan and are making sure we get beat up tonight..

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
The PIMs this game are totally unbalanced. You can't convince me one team is any worse than the other. First game where I'm complaining about the refs this season

n8lhf

Dec 10, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
that is probably the worst call i have ever seen... Interference? He hit him right after he released the puck. No way in HELL that was interference... and a game misconduct? FOR WHAT? delivering a good hit? Worst call ever.... If only refs could be fined for horrible calls

They must have been empowered by the interference call in the World Series last night. :D

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
That's a dirty headshot. Though probably not intentional I wouldn't be surprised if there's a suspension for that.

Oh, and 5 minutes, yes Dubi did it and it was to the head, 5 is about right. Dumb hit.

edit: The linesman can call that if they want to. Not a BS call.
Arty got hit by a guy who threw his arms up towards the head area, that's dirty. What Dubi didn't was textbook, his head contact with the ice is what caused any injury and that's not Dubi's fault or concern.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I just died at the "interference" call. Just make a "hit to the head" penalty or something.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
In super slo mo, Dubi's arm is at his side, no way does he try to deliberately hit Koivu's head.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I fail to see how Dibinsky’s hit was any different than Beauchemin’s on Anisimov… Dubinsky was all over the ice tonight, he will be missed…. Bob’s not too sharp…

The Refs must have listened to Leaf fan and are making sure we get beat up tonight..
And if he gets suspended it would suck as well because I think the next 2 games are against the Pens. Not only we would be missing our leader but with Craig and Chaput already playing, who would be next? Skille or Collins again?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
These refs had it out for Dubi tonight. Remember he got thrown out of the faceoff circle moments before despite not doing anything.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't care what the refs call it. Headshots have to be penalized heavily, and Dubi should know better than to get his arms up that high.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
These refs had it out for Dubi tonight. Remember he got thrown out of the faceoff circle moments before despite not doing anything.

I agree. The refs have been *******s to the guy all night. Im not however trying to say thats why they called the penalty.

deetman

Oct 31, 2009
Philadelphia
87rUWoW.gif

9MqCQ7h.gif

iQwhiUCNqF9yU.gif

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Oh well, might has well get off of that call. It was a gutless call by the officials, nothing we can do about it now. Just have to win it despite some questionable officiating. I was mildly annoyed until this call. It feels like the games we used to get in the West for a few years.

If you are an official, make a bold call. Not some call that you feel you have to make because a player is lying on the ice.

I doubt you'll see another 5 minute interference call for a long time.

Last I'm going to say about it. The league will review and who knows what that idiot will say about it. I wouldn't be shocked at nothing or 10 games.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I noticed that too. Though Dubinsky comes across to me as kind of a hothead too.

If you want to see hits on our skill players get worse get rid of the high tempered leaders... we need someone on the team that gets pissed... I don't see Umberger standing up for anyone, we better have Duby...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't care what the refs call it. Headshots have to be penalized heavily, and Dubi should know better than to get his arms up that high.

If it was a blatant head short. which you appear to be in a small minority who believe it was. why didn't the refs arms go up right away? If it took a conference and the linesman to make the call I don't believe it was 1) a head shot and 2) it wasn't interference. It was BS.

thebus2288*

Who made that call?!? Really though who made it?!?! Had to of been just like Detroit with the too many men call. The jumbotron replay?? Both refs saw it and had no arm up. Koivu has been watching Mickey Redmond telecast's and brought his stick up...unfortunately the "wrong" person was taught the lesson.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
Well that's a first for me. 5 minutes for interference? That's a "Well, we have a player that was injured, so we felt we had to throw Dubi out for some reason!?".

Not a great night for the officials. If you think that was a hit to the head, call it a hit to the head.

Right and I wouldn't be shocked to have Shannahan protect this lousy call with more.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I can only hope the team decides to really pick it up. Hosejob call, hopefully we kill it with no incidence and smear the Ducks into the boards. I won't object if we accidentally run over the refs, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad