GDT: Game 11: Columbus vs. Anaheim | 10/27 6PM EDT

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Yeah, that's not a good hit by Dubinsky. I have to question his emotions getting the better of him in some of these most recent games.

5:00 for interference and a game misconduct though? Wow...

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I don't question a penalty, but I sure as hell question that call.
5 mins and misconduct? Looked like the collision was unavoidable. Crap call. Calls very uneven this game. Looking for some makeup calls in the 3rd

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It did look a little late. But a major? Please.

I think it was a major, not because it was late but because of the hit to the head. Then, when you see a player injured, it makes it easier for the refs to give him a major.

ALso, watching from a Ducks feed. They said the refs didn't indicate a penalty at first so it was all on the linesmen(they said for stuff like this, they have a say).

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No call was even made on the ice. They didn't even call anything until well after the play was whistled down. What a ****ing joke.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I really didnt think that was a hit to the head. If anything Beauchemins hit on Arty was more of a headshot. Saku Koivu needs to retire if hes that brittle

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That's a dirty headshot. Though probably not intentional I wouldn't be surprised if there's a suspension for that.

Oh, and 5 minutes, yes Dubi did it and it was to the head, 5 is about right. Dumb hit.

edit: The linesman can call that if they want to. Not a BS call.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I think it was a major, not because it was late but because of the hit to the head. Then, when you see a player injured, it makes it easier for the refs to give him a major.

The ice hit his head. Break out the saws and throw that chunk in the box!

That call was excessive...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well that's a first for me. 5 minutes for interference? That's a "Well, we have a player that was injured, so we felt we had to throw Dubi out for some reason!?".

Not a great night for the officials. If you think that was a hit to the head, call it a hit to the head.

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
That's a dirty headshot. Though probably not intentional I wouldn't be surprised if there's a suspension for that.

Oh, and 5 minutes, yes Dubi did it and it was to the head, 5 is about right. Dumb hit.

edit: The linesman can call that if they want to. Not a BS call.

If it was unintentional, then it wasn't dirty. By definition a dirty hit is intentional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->