GDT: Game 11: Columbus vs. Anaheim | 10/27 6PM EDT

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
If you want to see hits on our skill players get worse get rid of the high tempered leaders... we need someone on the team that gets pissed... I don't see Umberger standing up for anyone, we better have Duby...

Totally agree Rj has no fire to him anymore.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
If you want to see hits on our skill players get worse get rid of the high tempered leaders... we need someone on the team that gets pissed... I don't see Umberger standing up for anyone, we better have Duby...

I'm just saying that Dubinsky seemingly constant mouthing-off might give him a bad reputation amongst officials. I never said we shouldn't have him on the team. I very much think he's an important part of the team.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If it was a blatant head short. which you appear to be in a small minority who believe it was. why didn't the refs arms go up right away? If it took a conference and the linesman to make the call I don't believe it was 1) a head shot and 2) it wasn't interference. It was BS.

It's the "I don't want to look like a homer" defense; ignore it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think it was a blatant headshot. That said, I hate this type of play. Reminds me of freakin' Dorsett. Game's tied 2-2 heading into 2nd intermission and he throws it away on a selfish hit.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Leaf fans was complaining about 8-5 penalties and calling refs biased and worse.
Now in this game it's 21-0 Jacket Pims, should we complain? lol

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If it was a blatant head short. which you appear to be in a small minority who believe it was. why didn't the refs arms go up right away? If it took a conference and the linesman to make the call I don't believe it was 1) a head shot and 2) it wasn't interference. It was BS.

Who made that call?!? Really though who made it?!?! Had to of been just like Detroit with the too many men call. The jumbotron replay?? Both refs saw it and had no arm up. Koivu has been watching Mickey Redmond telecast's and brought his stick up...unfortunately the "wrong" person was taught the lesson.

The linesmen, I think starting before last season, have been given the authority to make those calls. They also have the authority to make the call when they please. Strange, but that's the rule.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Wow, drag Foligno down from behind and no call? That's interesting.

Anaheim announcers calling it a "dive" rofl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->