GDT: Game 11: Columbus vs. Anaheim | 10/27 6PM EDT

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
but 5-6...if we're at this spot come time to get Calvert and Horton back on the team...we're in really good shape IMO

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
2010-11 Schedule
Friday, Nov. 26 vs. Detroit L 2-1
Sunday, Nov. 28 at Detroit L 4-2
Friday, Dec. 3 at Buffalo L 5-0
Saturday, Dec. 4 vs. Pittsburgh L 7-2
Saturday, Dec. 11 vs. NY Rangers W 3-1
Saturday, Dec. 18 vs. Dallas L 2-1
Monday, Dec. 27 vs. Minnesota W 4-3
Friday, Dec. 31 vs. Ottawa W 4-3
Friday, Jan. 14 vs. Detroit W 3-2
Saturday, Feb. 5 vs. Edmonton W 4-3
Friday, Feb. 18 at Chicago W 4-3
Thursday, Mar. 17 vs. Detroit L 2-0
Sunday, Mar. 20 vs. New Jersey L 3-0
Friday, Apr. 1 vs. Chicago L 4-3
Saturday, Apr. 9 vs. Buffalo L 5-4

2011-12 Schedule
Oct. 30 vs. Anaheim W 3-1
Nov. 5 at Philadelphia L 9-2
Nov. 12 vs. Winnipeg W 2-1
Nov. 25 vs. Buffalo W 5-1
Dec. 10 vs. Boston L 5-3
Dec. 17 vs. Tampa Bay L 3-2
Jan. 14 vs. San Jose L 2-1
Feb. 12 vs. Anaheim L 5-3
Feb. 18 vs. Chicago L 6-1
Feb. 26 at Pittsburgh L 4-2
Mar. 11 vs. St. Louis L 2-1
Mar. 28 vs. Detroit W 4-2

2012-13 Schedule
Feb. 2 Detroit W 4-2
Feb. 10 Edmonton L 3-1
Feb. 26 Dallas L 5-4
Mar. 7 Vancouver W 2-1
Mar 19 NAshville W 4-3
Apr 7 Minnesota L 3-0
Apr 12 St. Louis W 4-1

Now, to go through and verify that each one of these did involve the alternate, and the record in them.

Then work up the home blue and away white... in the end all results will suck... ;)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm happy that Dubi got vindicated after some shots that were taken at him by some of his own fans. The worst being that "selfish" comment. Maybe now we'll learn to keep our ****ing mouths shut on these types of things until we hear from the league. Luckily some of these posts I will never see again.

To you few that indicated it was dirty, I don't know what the **** you were looking at or thinking.

As far as last nights game goes, this could very well be the season in which our fate is 100% tied to the goal tender. Before I disagreed with this comment because there was a complete disregard to what was happening in front of the goal tender. The team played well enough in front of Bob to win the game; however he let us down. When he's playing as a 5 million dollar goal tender; we win. When he plays like last night, we lose.

This teams growth is going to be organic based on youth. The reality is; we'll probably only get marginal improvement this season. The top 3 defense; we know what they are. They are going to give up prime scoring chances as well as get them. Until the young forwards start producing regularly, we are going to live on a razors edge. We need Bob to get his **** together.

Simply put, if this team scores 3 or more goals we have to win. Even more simply; we aren't paying Bob for a 2.5+ GAA because he's giving up a softy or two every couple of games.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This teams growth is going to be organic based on youth. The reality is; we'll probably only get marginal improvement this season. The top 3 defense; we know what they are. They are going to give up prime scoring chances as well as get them. Until the young forwards start producing regularly, we are going to live on a razors edge. We need Bob to get his **** together.

Simply put, if this team scores 3 or more goals we have to win. Even more simply; we aren't paying Bob for a 2.5+ GAA because he's giving up a softy or two every couple of games.

Agree. Bob's inconsistency has cost us a few W's this year. Keep it up and we're fighting (hopefully) for the last playoff spot. He awakens and we're fighting for 2nd in the division.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
You don't get outshot 32 - 21 on home ice and hang the loss on the goalie. Bob could have been better, I won't argue that, but we were outplayed last night from top to bottom, simply put. We have to be better at all positions if we want to move into the top 3rd of the East.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I'm happy that Dubi got vindicated after some shots that were taken at him by some of his own fans. The worst being that "selfish" comment. Maybe now we'll learn to keep our ****ing mouths shut on these types of things until we hear from the league. Luckily some of these posts I will never see again.

To you few that indicated it was dirty, I don't know what the **** you were looking at or thinking.

As far as last nights game goes, this could very well be the season in which our fate is 100% tied to the goal tender. Before I disagreed with this comment because there was a complete disregard to what was happening in front of the goal tender. The team played well enough in front of Bob to win the game; however he let us down. When he's playing as a 5 million dollar goal tender; we win. When he plays like last night, we lose.

I think you'er pretty much right on all points here. Good post.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You don't get outshot 32 - 21 on home ice and hang the loss on the goalie. Bob could have been better, I won't argue that, but we were outplayed last night from top to bottom, simply put. We have to be better at all positions if we want to move into the top 3rd of the East.

We scored 3 goals, which for us is above average, number of shots is secondary. Bob stops that bad angle softy and its a tie game. And it looked to me like he misplayed the Perry goal too. Kind of out of position.I know no one is perfect but Bob hasn't been sharp this year, imo. Not just last night.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We scored 3 goals, which for us is above average, number of shots is secondary. Bob stops that bad angle softy and its a tie game. And it looked to me like he misplayed the Perry goal too. Kind of out of position.I know no one is perfect but Bob hasn't been sharp this year, imo. Not just last night.

If Bob misplayed the Perry goal, then what did Tyutin do on that one?

As I said, Bob can be better, but I saw only 2 strong performers in blue, and one of them didn't get to play in the 3rd. (the other had 2 goals).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm not saying Bob was the sole reason we lost just that he was not on his A game which I believe has happened several times this season.

I also agree that not many guys had great nights. As a matter of fact i think they all pretty much stunk up the joint after the Dubi incident. After it dawned on me that I thought I hadn't seen many checks I watched very carefully and saw absolutely no checks with authority.

It is a team game but to some extent the goalie has to bail out his guys when they are having an off night. Just don't think Bob did that last night.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Soft goal is a soft goal.

Shots are deceiving. In our early days we would out shoot the Avs 34-16 and lose 5-2. I don't think they "out chanced" us by a whole lot.

I wouldn't say we were "out played" last night. I would say it wasn't our best game and they controlled the play for stretches; but we also controlled the play for stretches.

When Bob is playing well, we win last nights game. He is NOT earning his money right now. When he is, I'll sing his praises. I'm not going to defend any player that I don't think is playing at or near his peak.

He earned his hardware and ended up with a fat paycheck. Now it's time for him to earn that contract.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Assuming that the original schedules for the 3rd (which this is) are accurate. I seem to remember at least one originally-scheduled alternate game being replaced with the regular home jersey, and I don't know if it was made up on a different day.

The Rangers game that they won 3-1 was the game Arniel had them wear their home jerseys instead of the 3rds and ASAIK it was not made up.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
As I said, Bob can be better, but I saw only 2 strong performers in blue, and one of them didn't get to play in the 3rd. (the other had 2 goals).

I don't think there were solely 2. Go back and look at Nick Foligno's game lately, his strong board play and play around the net on the cycle has led to goals, Gaborik's the other night and Anisimov's 2nd last night. Dude has been able to hold the puck for us and not turn it over too often, not many others can say that. Turnovers have been a plenty.

As for Bob, as I said last night the Holland goal shouldn't happen. I agree with some of the other posters, if we score 3 goals, we need to have the W. Happy with the homestand overall, but we're going to need to win games like last night down the stretch to stay in contention. If nothing else, we need to get 1 point out of those types of games.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'm not saying Bob was the sole reason we lost just that he was not on his A game which I believe has happened several times this season.

I also agree that not many guys had great nights. As a matter of fact i think they all pretty much stunk up the joint after the Dubi incident. After it dawned on me that I thought I hadn't seen many checks I watched very carefully and saw absolutely no checks with authority.

It is a team game but to some extent the goalie has to bail out his guys when they are having an off night. Just don't think Bob did that last night.

I agree, and maybe I was spoiled last year by Bob standing on his head to hide alot of sloppy play in front of him on the ice. Bob's looking alot more human this season, so far.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Agree with the Bob comments, he needs to be better... if we are going to be giving up team breakdown goals like #3 and #4 (in this game) Bob better stop #1 and #2 in the future... Totally concur, if we score three we better get at least a point..., we are not considered a scoring power house by any means the last time I checked..

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Agree with the Bob comments, he needs to be better... if we are going to be giving up team breakdown goals like #3 and #4 (in this game) Bob better stop #1 and #2 in the future... Totally concur, if we score three we better get at least a point..., we are not considered a scoring power house by any means the last time I checked..

We are 16th in GA and 16th in GF. Dead solid middle in both. Pretty much like our record and play, very mediocre over all.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Glad to see no supplementary discipline for Dubi. I would have accepted it as a fan if they had, but I believe this is the correct call.

For those who are beamoning the loss of a point here, you could not be more right. Why do you think every game is critical?

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
This game was given to the ducks with that boneheaded call. I hope those officials were called on the carpet for their lousy performance last night. I can't imagine the ducks going 59 minutes without a penalty. Got to be some kind of record for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad