GDT: Game 11: Columbus at New Jersey | 11/1 7PM EDT

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I love this 1st line. Cam's speed, Harts' grit, forechecking and net presence and RJ's pure beast mode.

The first line looks great because it's the only line with 3 actual NHL top 9 forwards.

I can't help but to think we might be better served by putting one of the "weaker" guys up on the right wing and having Cam down with Foligno so we actually have two decent line instead of just one good one.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
I'd like to see these lines if Boone, AA and Calvert return as expected.

Hartnell-Johansen-Atkinson
Foligno-AA-Jenner
Calvert-Wennberg-Skille
Gibbons-Chaput-Cracknell/Boll

Looks a heck of a lot better. 2 scoring lines and the 3rd shouldn't be a complete wasteland at least. Hopefully they'd simply stay healthy until Dubi and Testy return. Then Wennberg can go to Springfield and stay there.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
The first line looks great because it's the only line with 3 actual NHL top 9 forwards.

I can't help but to think we might be better served by putting one of the "weaker" guys up on the right wing and having Cam down with Foligno so we actually have two decent line instead of just one good one.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Hopefully it's irrelevant next game though as I just posted avove.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
he's been good, but i think you're exaggerating a bit. the Jackets have had a couple good chances the other way too

Nah, I think the Devils had way too much zone time. We managed to block a lot of shots but they had wide open points (looks like we're focusing on collapsing around the net), and a lot of tough shots got through that you don't want to make your goalie deal with.

Forsberg, Skille and Gibbons are the only reason the Devils aren't winning already.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Nah, I think the Devils had way too much zone time. We managed to block a lot of shots but they had wide open points (looks like we're focusing on collapsing around the net), and a lot of tough shots got through that you don't want to make your goalie deal with.

Forsberg, Skille and Gibbons are the only reason the Devils aren't winning already.

again, we must be watching different games. disagree with everything you posted.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'll venture to disagree.

One nice takeaway on the PK, but his only shot attempt was a mile wide, he had a bad pass, and he coughed it up on the PP. That's not good.

Mile wide? It was centimeters from being off the post. :laugh: He had a nice blocked shot, had his skating legs going, as you said the steal on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad