GDT: Game 11: Columbus at New Jersey | 11/1 7PM EDT

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So, are we gonna make a move yet? I don't mean a panic move, I mean one which makes sense and adds a top-6 forward to the team. Because surely something can be done along those lines at the moment.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Positives from tonight:

Forsberg looked pretty good.

Gibbons and Skille looked good. Should they be the W's on the 4th line going forward when the team is at full strength?

Wennberg better on face offs

thebus2288*

**** the trip no call on Wennberg. The real penalty should've been Greene for slashing. When the ref blows the whistle he even thinks its on him.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Endless talk about making a move. What move can possibly be made that helps the Jackets right now? They're a team missing half its entire lineup. We're not missing just X or Y. No guy will come in and make a lick of difference in the grand scheme of things. They need a top 4 D, a bottom pair D, a top-6 F, a couple top 9 F ... so, OK........ where to start?

Stay the course. See the team as it's meant to be and judge accordingly from there. If the actual top 6 isn't getting it done, fine, look for a top 6 F. Don't trade for a top 6 F because an AHL-bound kid and a recent waiver claim aren't meant to be there. They WON'T be there soon. Jesus. People talk like the Jackets went into the season with Foligno-Wennberg-Skille penciled as the 2nd line or Collins-Cracknell-Boll as the 4th line or Anton Forsberg in net.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Positives from tonight:

Gibbons and Skille looked good. Should they be the W's on the 4th line going forward when the team is at full strength?

Agreed. Skille - Chaput - Gibbons would make a pretty nice 4th line.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
So, are we gonna make a move yet? I don't mean a panic move, I mean one which makes sense and adds a top-6 forward to the team. Because surely something can be done along those lines at the moment.

I REALLY hope not.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Great idea for a team full of 4 maybe 5 NHL forwards right now to get rid of probably the 2nd best one of them. Good call.

I could care less if we were in first place or last place. There is NO place in the NHL for what he did. Classless move and I don't want him on this team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I could care less if we were in first place or last place. There is NO place in the NHL for what he did. Classless move and I don't want him on this team.

Boo frickity whoo. He shoved someone from behind at the end of the game. It's not like he sent him into the 5th row with a hit from behind like Tropp did.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The 7 forwards (Cracknell, Gibbons, Tropp, Dano, Wennberg, Chaput, and Collins) who were not expected to be on the opening night roster of the Jackets have combined for 1 goal in 42 games played between them. *That's 0.0238 goals per game for you, bus*

The just call 'em up from Springfield, we don't need to look anywhere else, approach has failed. Badly. The CBJ clearly lack organizational depth at the forward position. 8 goals in the past 5 games. 4-7 and sinking. 5 "L"s in a row.

Whatcha gonna do, Jarmo?

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Refs were shoddy tonight but the only call I really have a beef with is the Embellishment on Hartnell. Cross checked in the face and he is trying to sell the call....right.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 3m3 minutes ago

Ice bags all over the place affter this one. #CBJ Nick Foligno had a nasty welt on his left shoulder and a blackened left eye, too

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 2m2 minutes ago

Rarely, if ever, have seen #CBJ C Ryan Johansen so dejected after a loss. Sat alone in room for long, long time tonight.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
i'm kind of mixed on Johansen - yeah he's got the points but i think he could do more so i guess i agree with the others who thinks he looks gassed. this is a good chance for him to just take over games, and he hasn't done that. hope he was thinking about that in the dressing room

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
i'm kind of mixed on Johansen - yeah he's got the points but i think he could do more so i guess i agree with the others who thinks he looks gassed. this is a good chance for him to just take over games, and he hasn't done that. hope he was thinking about that in the dressing room

we must be watching a different game. except for the fatigued part, i don't agree with a thing you just said

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I sincerely believe that he gave his all tonight, and he's just worn down.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The 7 forwards (Cracknell, Gibbons, Tropp, Dano, Wennberg, Chaput, and Collins) who were not expected to be on the opening night roster of the Jackets have combined for 1 goal in 42 games played between them. *That's 0.0238 goals per game for you, bus*

The just call 'em up from Springfield, we don't need to look anywhere else, approach has failed. Badly. The CBJ clearly lack organizational depth at the forward position. 8 goals in the past 5 games. 4-7 and sinking. 5 "L"s in a row.

Whatcha gonna do, Jarmo?

I don't think there's much Jarmo can do in this situation. I blame him for sending Skille, Mackenzie, and Comeau packing (combined 7G, 6A this year), but presently there's not much he can do about the injury crisis.

Also your sampling of players is designed to be the group of players who don't have goals - it's not really the group who "were not expected to be on the opening night roster". Chaput, Wennberg, Dano might all have been on it, while Skille wouldn't have been, and Gibbons just had 2 assists in his only Jackets game ever.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
these GDTs get more and more ridiculous...

3204840swsw.gif

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Gee I wonder why Joey might have looked so gassed.. He played a combined 45 minutes in the last two nights!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I REALLY hope not.

Have you seen how the players looked after the game? This is quickly turning into a bad environment.

If all the front office can do is throw up their hands and say "nothing we can do," this isn't the front office we thought it was.

Make a move to invigorate both the players and the fans.

Last edited:

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Positives from tonight:

Good post! I agree.

Wennberg is starting to play with more confidence, I believe he will only get better.

Tyutin had a good game and the D in general looked competent, unlike last night.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
The just call 'em up from Springfield, we don't need to look anywhere else, approach has failed. Badly.

Yep. 11 games, let's end the season right now. White flag. Let's get ready for next year.

I'm sure we'd be 11-0 if we'd traded Savard + 6th for Crosby, fire the GM!

Whatcha gonna do, Jarmo?

What would you do? You make sure you whine about him in every post, so what's your bright idea? Or ideas, I should say, since it'd take a hell of a lot more than 1 trade to replace everything the Jackets have lost. But you already knew that, you have the master plan for replacing half a roster, right?

Don't tell me, you'd trade a couple valuable pieces for Alex "$7m, healthy scratch, team finally wins when I don't play" Semin, right? Because HE would fix all the problems. He can play on the 2nd line, 3rd line and 4th line. And since McBackup played Friday, he can probably handle the goal, too. :yo:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Have you seen how the players looked after the game? This is quickly turning into a bad environment.

If all the front office can do is throw up their hands and say "nothing we can do," this isn't the front office we thought it was.

Make a move to invigorate both the players and the fans.

So what do you do?

Trade valuable prospects for something to fill space until people in the top 9 get healthy? Smells of desperation and getting fleeced in a trade.

Unfortunately the proper thing to do right now is to ride it out. Most of them will be back within the next 2 weeks. Ultimately, only Horton (who I'm not counting at this point anyway), Dubinsky, and Letestu should be extended past the next 2 weeks. In theory Dubinsky should be close at that point but I'm still hesitant he'll be ready then.

To make it through the next 2 weeks, this team need some leadership to step up. I saw the leadership out of Foligno tonight. Somebody needs to cut Jack Johnson from the Olympic team again. Johansen is doing everything he can't but he's just not a leader. Where is Jared Boll and how important his locker room presence is supposed to be?

The worst part about this situation is that the leaders are the ones who are hurt. Those still standing need to follow Nick Foligno and step up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad