GDT: GAME #11 | CANUCKS vs LEAFS | THURS, FEB 4 @ 7PM EST | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't get the point of Petan. Can he score? No. Can he be a mean mother effer? No. So what is his use?

Keefe is just going through every option. I believe Petan and Agostino are the only forwards under an NHL contract in North America right now, that we haven't seen yet.

With the Marlies season starting..... eventually, Keefe probably wants to get those guys a chance. Keefe has said consistently that since we didn't have a full camp and no pre-season, evaluation and competition for the lower spots will continue during the season.

Who knows if Agostino will get a game or so in, I would prefer him more than Petan, but this is just Keefe getting a look at options.

Nothing really to read into, or over analyze.

Reactions: Eric bungay

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Have not been impressed with any viewing of Petan.

I'd be fine if they went with 11 forwards.

Matthews, Tavares, marner and Nylander could easily split up another 6 minutes to play on the 4th. line.

Rather have an extra defender.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The losses of Toffoli, Markstrom and Tanev really hurt the Canucks and are not the same team that advanced in last years playoffs.

Leafs vs Canucks is one of the bigger mismatches on paper now in the Canadian Div.

There are only 3-4 or so players on Van that one really needs to focus on, so I don't think Leafs will have too much trouble posting a W.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The losses of Toffoli, Markstrom and Tanev really hurt the Canucks and are not the same team that advanced in last years playoffs.

Leafs vs Canucks is one of the bigger mismatches on paper now in the Canadian Div.

There are only 3-4 or so players on Van that one really needs to focus on, so I don't think Leafs will have too much trouble posting a W.

I agree, but with this team one can never be too certain.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I agree, but with this team one can never be too certain.

I used the qualify "on paper" giving myself a exit ramp if things don't go as planed or expected as I tend to agree with you in that one is not really sure what Leaf team will show up on any given night.

However this year so far I will say Leafs have been more consistent then in the past, however overall they look and play like a .500 hockey team who's record is better than their play based on some fortunate bounces and a hot PP that is saving their bacon. With so many close 1 goal games things can fall both ways.

If the Leafs can keep Elias Pettersson, Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat, Quinn Hughes in check for the most part then I see us taking at least 2 of the next 3 games from Vancouver.

Reactions: Beleafer34

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Simmonds with a promotion eh? hmmm....

if Petan is gonna play then might as well take vesey out and let one of the other three out take that place.

i don't get the obssession with vesey that keefe has; like wtf is he even bringing to the 3rd line?

Robertson can't get better soon enough........... hey I will even take Jumbo in the bottom 6 now lol

Btw anyone know whats going on with Lily? haven't heard any news about him

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So far this season, the only other time the Leafs had more than 1 day off was before the first game against Calgary. With that extra day's rest the team came out flying and dominated Calgary. Granted they took their foot off the pedal in the second but hopefully they can come out with that kind of energy tomorrow and sustain it for the whole game.

Important to get the jump on Vancouver and take any wind out of their sales. Shoot down their confidence early.

Reactions: dethszn and ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So we have given Barabanov, Robertson, Vesey, Anderson a shot on LW and now Petan. Why hasn't Agostino been given a shot ?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Thornton and Robertson getting healthy later on this month. I would not be surprised if Hyman is back with Kerfoot on the third line to give Keefe another look at his shutdown 3rd line.
If that means Robertson will be given a fair shot on the top 2 lines for a few games ala Vesey, Soup, and now maybe Simmonds I'm happy. The kid would've burried a goal or two by now easily if he had some of the opportunities that Soup's missed on

Reactions: Marshy

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Especially since Toffoli has scored 8 of his 9 goals against them this year lol :laugh: ... losers.

When the Habs signed him I hated it because that was a very good signing, but who knew how bad it would bite Vancouver in the ass. Obviously not Benning. That clown took Juolevi over Tkachuk ffs

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I think it's overlooked that Spezza has 1G 4A for 5 points in 9 games. Petan has offensive ability. And both Petan and Boyd can skate. Boyd also frees up Spezza to take draws but otherwise play the wing (less skating). Looking forward to seeing if this fourth line can be effective

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I think it's overlooked that Spezza has 1G 4A for 5 points in 9 games. Petan has offensive ability. And both Petan and Boyd can skate. Boyd also frees up Spezza to take draws but otherwise play the wing (less skating). Looking forward to seeing if this fourth line can be effective
Petan actually played decent last year for us when he played, he just has to start burying chances at this level. Had a couple glorious chances and couldn't bury (Fleury save was ridiculous). Has to start or his time will run out at this level.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He plays good. I don’t get the dislike for Petan either

It's because he doesn't do anything when he plays, and I'm not just talking about offense, although he doesn't provide that at all, he doesn't do anything.

He is a nothing burger and we don't like nothing burgers

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Inserting Petan into the lineup wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for one game.

It could be worse, we could insert Marincin into the lineup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad