GDT: GAME #11 | CANUCKS vs LEAFS | THURS, FEB 4 @ 7PM EST | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
February games might feel like mini-playoff series when they go against VAN, OTT, and MTL.

Feb 4 vs VAN
Feb 6 vs VAN
Feb 8 vs VAN
Feb 10 vs MTL
Feb 13 vs MTL
Feb 15 vs OTT
Feb 17 vs OTT
Feb 18 vs OTT
Feb 20 vs MTL

Its incredibly stupid and annoying how we don't play Montreal 3 in a row for the entire season...

NHL schedulers are seriously braindead.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hopefully Montreal smokes Vancouver again, then we get on a roll, and score 15+ on them over the next three games. I really like the odds in playing a down and out, and tired Canucks team. The Habs series will be interesting for sure.

Reactions: supermann_98

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This being the first meeting against Vancouver I don’t have a idea of what to expect. I know they are leaky on defense. I’m hoping the defense we are playing continues and we gel better offensively in the first one here.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This being the first meeting against Vancouver I don’t have a idea of what to expect. I know they are leaky on defense. I’m hoping the defense we are playing continues and we gel getter offensively in the first one here.

It seems like so many expect Van to be an easy out. Just a reminder - there are no easy games in the NHL.

We lost to OTT FFS and looked like crap doing, stuff like that happens every single season.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It seems like so many expect Van to be an easy out. Just a reminder - there are no easy games in the NHL.

We lost to OTT FFS and looked like crap doing, stuff like that happens every single season.
We should not lose to Ottawa. Vancouver is leaking shots. Hoping we can generate a solid two way win

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully Montreal smokes Vancouver again, then we get on a roll, and score 15+ on them over the next three games. I really like the odds in playing a down and out, and tired Canucks team. The Habs series will be interesting for sure.

Except the way it works is that the Habs feast on the Canucks and then the Canucks decide to show up against the leafs.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Except the way it works is that the Habs feast on the Canucks and then the Canucks decide to show up against the leafs.

I think that's just because the Habs are playing better hockey.

If we play to our potential 5v5, we should feast as well. That defence is bad, and Holby/Demko has not been a good duo so far.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
February games might feel like mini-playoff series when they go against VAN, OTT, and MTL.

Feb 4 vs VAN
Feb 6 vs VAN
Feb 8 vs VAN
Feb 10 vs MTL
Feb 13 vs MTL
Feb 15 vs OTT
Feb 17 vs OTT
Feb 18 vs OTT
Feb 20 vs MTL

I expect at least 7 wins and 40 goals, in this stretch of games. Anything less would be somewhat disappointing.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
That's probably higher up in the lineup than I'd have Simmonds at ES. Can understand wanting to capitalize on his current run though.

This is as long of a break from games that the team has had to this point, so...

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009

Agreed. Confidence is great, overconfidence, not so much. Leafs have played solid but history dictates they will drop some games that they should definitely have won on paper.

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
aww can they give Mikheyev a longer look on that line please... I wanted him to rack up nine points in three games against the nucks. The way that montreal has gotten behind the nucks defense, i feel that Mikheyev is ripe for a breakout against the nucks :D

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We better destroy the Canucks

They are garbage, can't defend to save their lives. Bleed chances and have a poor goalie combo. And they're going to be dead tired having played like 8 games in 13 nights or something like that

I expect 5-8 goals every game for us.

The big 4 should have offensive explosions versus these pretenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad