Pre-Game Talk: GAME #11 - Canucks vs. Flames - February 9th, 7:00 HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I think the Flames are actually looking a bit dangerous despite their horrible start and Kipper going down. Hudler is stirring the drink there and giving them a second line that can play some puck possession and are showing up Iginla, Tanguay and Cammi on a lot of night. Bouwmeester is looking like he's more engaged in the play as well. They're finally getting away from the old Sutter team that we have enjoyed beating up on for so long. I think they're going to score a lot but also give up a lot.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
"Fleury still sucks"

"Otto kicked it in"

"11-0"

This, this, a thousand times this - that is an awesome sign idea.

Our performance against backups has improved a little bit over recent years (although Anton Khudobin will haunt me until I die...). The Canucks just need to come out and work hard, simple as that. The opportunities will come.

Calgary's won two in a row, and Dennis Wideman appears to be really hot for them at the moment, especially with the man advantage. So that will be something to watch out for.

I'm also guessing that one of Weise or Volpatti will cross paths with Tim Jackman.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hopefully the Sedins can feast on Calgary's goaltending and Mason Raymond can stay hot against Calgary. Or does that only happen in Calgary?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Otto kicked it in, it is then.

Are you sure the majority would remember who is Otto?

I'd actually bet on you getting caught on TV with that sign. It's a clever reference; you might see some fans too young/too recent to remember that, but you'll come across a few who will have a good laugh.

That's my two cents, anyway. :) Have fun at the game!

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I'd actually bet on you getting caught on TV with that sign. It's a clever reference; you might see some fans too young/too recent to remember that, but you'll come across a few who will have a good laugh.

That's my two cents, anyway. :) Have fun at the game!

Thanks, the Canucks never lost when i go to their games. 2-0 record!
(First game we won against Nashville Predator 2-1 with Bob Essensa in net)
(Second game we won against Winnipeg.....I mean Atlanta Thrashers 8-0 with Dan Cloutier in net)

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Go with a whiteboard and marker. That way you can make a changing sign that applies to whats going on in the game.

Thats actually pretty funny. That could seriously be a new gimmick.

After a ref makes a questionable call the camera would pan to the white board and get the fans opinion. Lots of possibilities there.

Steve Bennett*

Gilmour was traded for Leeman get your **** together:sarcasm:

Yeah I guess that miscue puts the rest of the detailed prediction into question.

Warning SB confession time: I used to not mind the Flames back in the late 80s/early 90s (yes even 89) but it quickly developed into a hatred by the 93-95 seasons...

And then when that inbred rat Gilmour was traded to the Leaves and deliberately broke Sandstroms' arm and received a "7 day suspension excluding game days" I began my deep hatred for the Leaves and Don Cherry, and a mild short lived sympathy for the Kings...

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
I think the Flames are actually looking a bit dangerous despite their horrible start and Kipper going down. Hudler is stirring the drink there and giving them a second line that can play some puck possession and are showing up Iginla, Tanguay and Cammi on a lot of night. Bouwmeester is looking like he's more engaged in the play as well. They're finally getting away from the old Sutter team that we have enjoyed beating up on for so long. I think they're going to score a lot but also give up a lot.

Just when I was worried there would be no more funny faces out of Calgary with Jokinen gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad