Pre-Game Talk: GAME #11 - Canucks vs. Flames - February 9th, 7:00 HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I predict that Mr. Canucklehead predicts that Schroeder will get his first NHL goal.
:sarcasm:

(no, but seriously, he will)

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Canucks 4-2

1st period

3:29 CAL Gilmour (Leeman Peplinski) sh
19:59 CAL T.Hunter (Vernon Otto) sh

2nd period

NO SCORING!!!

3rd period

11:22 VCR Schroeder (Kassian Tanev)
15:50 VCR Schroeder (Hansen Ballard)
19:01 VCR Schroeder (Raymond Higgins)
19:34 VCR Schroeder (Garrison DSedin) en

Gilmour was traded for Leeman get your **** together:sarcasm:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Game #11 vs the Flames.

Seeing the number 11 associated with the Canucks and Flames brings back warm and fuzzy memories.

You yunguns will have to ask your Dad's about that glorious day.....

I was a youngin' during that game (what was it, 1992?). I remember being in the car on the way home listening to it on CKNW for the first period and all of us lamenting that we'd probably missed all the goals that were going to be scored in that game.

...boy, oh boy were we wrong.

It was indeed glorious.

I predict that Mr. Canucklehead predicts that Schroeder will get his first NHL goal.

(no, but seriously, he will)

I'm thinking I've been jinxing him, so here's a reverse - he won't score in this one. In fact, he'll be so bad that they'll make him last to board the team bus after the game, slam the door in his face, and then tear out of the parking lot - making sure to drive over a puddle and splash him on the way - while leaving him there standing alone, just as it starts to rain. Wait, Calgary - as it starts to snow.

Dado

Calgary seems to be improving and we seem to tire on b2b games...I'll give this one to Calgary, 3-2.

Expecting a bit of a snoozer, to be honest...

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
Bad news guys, I am going to the game, put all your money on the flames cause i am on an epic losing streak at games 5 games combined score 23-4 the nucks have been outscored

7-3 Anaheim
3-0 St. Louis
4-0 NY Rangers
3-0 Nashville
7-1 Chicago

Source: I'm bored.

Edit: Messed up. That adds up to 24 goals against. And I already deleted my list of blowouts... Oh well. :(

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
"While at the University of Minnesota, Schroeder studied many subjects, such as history, math, and transporting magic rings to Mordor..."

Quoted for accuracy. Two weeks ago, I dubbed Schroeder "Hobbit" and Kassian as "Cave Troll" while out and drunk off my face. Both names stuck in my mind, and those of who I was with.

I think Kassassin is better, but "Hobbit" or something like "that fool of a Took" or if he's mucking up around the boards and playing physical "Schroeder Oakenshield"...something Tolkein-esque would be wonderful.

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC
Calgary seems to be improving and we seem to tire on b2b games...I'll give this one to Calgary, 3-2.

Expecting a bit of a snoozer, to be honest...

There is a day rest in between games not really b2b I think we will be just fine.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm thinking I've been jinxing him, so here's a reverse - he won't score in this one. In fact, he'll be so bad that they'll make him last to board the team bus after the game, slam the door in his face, and then tear out of the parking lot - making sure to drive over a puddle and splash him on the way - while leaving him there standing alone, just as it starts to rain. Wait, Calgary - as it starts to snow.

...YOU MONSTER!!!

He'll have to score a goal eventually, right? He and his linemates are playing too well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
...YOU MONSTER!!!

He'll have to score a goal eventually, right? He and his linemates are playing too well.

I really, really thought he had one in Minny - he was standing in front of the net, it was completely empty, and one of his linemates tried to thread the puck through Suter's legs to him. Would have been a tap-in, but Suter managed to shuffle it away.

Regardless - Schroeder is doing all the right things, so at some point the offense will come. At the least, he's been a threat out there. And I don't think it's a coincidence that every one of Raymond's goals have been scored whilst #45 is on the ice.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Irvin (sp?) has potential but he was up against Columbus. We shouldn't have an issue bombarding him. Of course, logic and this team does not always compute.

He held the Canucks to 1 goal on 30 shots last season. Never underestimate the Canucks' ability to be shut down by a backup.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I really, really thought he had one in Minny - he was standing in front of the net, it was completely empty, and one of his linemates tried to thread the puck through Suter's legs to him. Would have been a tap-in, but Suter managed to shuffle it away.

Regardless - Schroeder is doing all the right things, so at some point the offense will come. At the least, he's been a threat out there. And I don't think it's a coincidence that every one of Raymond's goals have been scored whilst #45 is on the ice.

That was Kassian, who as we all know has some good vision and creativity.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
3-1 Canucks

Burrows
Garrison
Kassian

Backlund

went with the right score past time and got the first two guys as well (Daniel and Higgins) so I'm expecting to be completely wrong this time :D

EDIT- ***** Since I heard Backlund wash playing (psychic powers were wrong for once) ill pick Wideman to get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad