GDT: Game # 11: Blue Jackets @ Devils, 7PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't see an Elias or MacLean or Parise in the prospect pool.

This team needs to replenish the forwards first before we worry about stars...we need to get rid of the Jagr's, Clowe's, Zubrus' and start adding good young players with some size and speed.

The Parise's and Elias' are important but so are the Langenbrunner's, Madden's. McKay's and Holik's....maybe even more so

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A little off topic, but I'm in love with the girl singing in the route 4 Paramus commercial. They don't show it much during Devils games.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Schneid's is heating up. Been fantastic for 3 of the last 4. No more of those clunkers (with the exception of in Pittsburgh) going in these past few games.

Still having trouble behind the net though. Almost coughed one up again. If he gets that straightened out, it's a plus.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Salvador second lowest TOI among defenseman tonight.

Maybe they're learning?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still having trouble behind the net though. Almost coughed one up again. If he gets that straightened out, it's a plus.

Yeah that was close. Still not liking him behind the net. Wish they would tell him to stop it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's my biggest concern, but if Santini and at least one more Dman is the real deal, hopefully they can trade for a good young forward.

IT is a problem, but it helps that we are starting defense crop that could produce a superstar or two and overall be very good.

It is not the full equation, but its a giant start and step in the right direction into putting back to the team we were.

It is also why I am for trading Zids by the deadline and letting Gely take his spot. More picks and prospects that we can add to the forward pool will help speed along the rebuild at forward.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Salvador second lowest TOI among defenseman tonight.

Maybe they're learning?

It seemed like he was out there every two of three shifts in the third lol, I almost thought they were more determined at times to show up the doubters having Sal out for like every single PK shift.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
he still played 6 minutes on the PK

If Salvador doesn't play on the PK, when is he going to play? His lack of speed and puck skills is less of a liability on the PK than at any other time.

If Salvador isn't benched, he's going to play a lot on the PK.

Maybe Adam Larsson getting more PK responsibilities will eventually make it easier for DeBoer to bench Salvador at least once in awhile.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My mind continues to be blown.

We seem worse than last season in so many regards, yet we're winning games :laugh:

The CORSI and Fenwick believers continue to curse the New Jersey Devils :laugh:

Our shot totals were supposed to indicate more wins for us the last two years and more losses for us this year and it never works out that way.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The CORSI and Fenwick believers continue to curse the New Jersey Devils :laugh:

Our shot totals were supposed to indicate more wins for us the last two years and more losses for us this year and it never works out that way.

It is a results business. I rather win ugly, then play all those games last year when we were "the better team" yet never got the result.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Salvador was great on that last, critical PK, and the PK goal was on Greene not him.

Cory was pretty much the only good PK'er tonight (and by good I mean great). And LARSSON too on his brief appearance there :amazed:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
That's my biggest concern, but if Santini and at least one more Dman is the real deal, hopefully they can trade for a good young forward.

Santini worries me, he has too many ties to the rags, if he pans out I'd move him before he's UFA (I know its down the road but...)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm still not convinced shot based stats are meaningful the way some fans try to use/interpret them.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Brunner consistently making moves by guys and losing the puck is getting old because he otherwise isn't of much use

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And btw I think we can put the YS debate to rest, the 'You Suck'ers won in a knockout tonight. And the Devils finally gave up the ghost on jacking up the goal music (they must have got a LOT of complaints about that).

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Santini worries me, he has too many ties to the rags, if he pans out I'd move him before he's UFA (I know its down the road but...)

so never draft a player that comes from BC because the Rangers have two players who went there?

You do realize that we have more BC alumni in our current line-up than they do, right?

Not to mention, Santini never played with Kreider.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
And btw I think we can put the YS debate to rest, the 'You Suck'ers won in a knockout tonight. And the Devils finally gave up the ghost on jacking up the goal music (they must have got a LOT of complaints about that).

how was the crowd? they didnt show the uppers at all on tv, and the lowers were pretty empty

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ

Great news, I might now go to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad